Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SqLeon on October 23, 2011, 03:43:25 AM
BJ, might not be the same as when I imported Ichigo, but I would assume it is as the models are from the same game, but if nel's materials still have _env_map_tex_dummy as one of it's textures, that might be the problem. I fixed it by making all the textures CMPR, changing the _env_map_tex_dummy thing, and replacing his shaders with one of the shaders of a brawl character that controlled a part of the main body. One of the shaders properties was lambert. All the materials were also set to lambert.

Nel never had those problems in the first place, and the shading that she currently has is using that _env_map_tex_dummy texture (Haruhi's Toon Texture).

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 03:54:00 AM
Nel never had those problems in the first place, and the shading that she currently has is using that _env_map_tex_dummy texture (Haruhi's Toon Texture).

She didn't have any problems at all not even when first imported(shading wise)?

Quote from: SqLeon on October 23, 2011, 04:03:17 AM
She didn't have any problems at all not even when first imported(shading wise)?

Nope. O_o


October 23, 2011, 04:09:35 AM #5434 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:11:26 AM by SqLeon
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 04:03:49 AM
Nope. O_o

Ichigo didn't change color at first. Oh well.

*insert generic can't wait until BB is released comment*


October 23, 2011, 04:35:26 AM #5436 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:36:45 AM by BlackJax96
I think there's only one bug left.

You need to save imported models as soon as you import them and then edit them afterward, or else Brawlbox will crash.

Would you guys rather have me release Brawlbox tomorrow with that last bug that I don't really know how to fix right now and is easily avoidable, or wait until I get rid of the error completely (which could take a while, I'm not really sure)?

Of course, before releasing Brawlbox, I'll thoroughly test everything else for errors. The MDL0 format is completely editable now, rebuilding models works perfectly without any lag, and model imports are now possible, in case anybody didn't know.

Also, Brawlbox can't write tristrips yet, only triangles. I've started on a function to do it, but it's not working right now.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 04:35:26 AM
I think there's only one bug left.

You need to save imported models as soon as you import them and then edit them afterward, or else Brawlbox will crash.

Would you guys rather have me release Brawlbox tomorrow with that last bug that I don't really know how to fix right now and is easily avoidable, or wait until I get rid of the error completely (which could take a while, I'm not really sure)?

Of course, before releasing Brawlbox, I'll thoroughly test everything else for errors. The MDL0 is completely editable now, rebuilding models works perfectly without any lag, and model imports are now possible, in case anybody didn't know.

Also, Brawlbox can't write tristrips yet, only triangles. I've started on a function to do it, but it's not working right now.
I think a temporary work around would be to add a command script that will automatically ask to save the project after importing, else close the project.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I say wait till you fix absolutely everything wrong with it, BJ. That way you aren't flooded with a bunch of bug reports right after you release it. XD

Which I know you love.

FIXFIXFIX.

BUGS MUST DIE.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 04:35:26 AM
I think there's only one bug left.

You need to save imported models as soon as you import them and then edit them afterward, or else Brawlbox will crash.

Would you guys rather have me release Brawlbox tomorrow with that last bug that I don't really know how to fix right now and is easily avoidable, or wait until I get rid of the error completely (which could take a while, I'm not really sure)?

Of course, before releasing Brawlbox, I'll thoroughly test everything else for errors. The MDL0 format is completely editable now, rebuilding models works perfectly without any lag, and model imports are now possible, in case anybody didn't know.

Also, Brawlbox can't write tristrips yet, only triangles. I've started on a function to do it, but it's not working right now.
i say release it 2morrow till u get that fixed, cause i can handle importing the model then save it as a MDL0 asap ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

October 23, 2011, 04:50:45 AM #5442 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:55:04 AM by Drillin Pervy
If it's workable do it, if it's not, then don't. SImple as that
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

KILL THE BUG.
KILL IT.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Me personally I can say I can wait. Not like I got any models I can personally import anyways. But if you'd like to get it off your hands, the idea I posted might help with the temp work around untill you do get that bug fixed.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!