Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yes, release it tomorrow and to avoid that BB crash just do this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.msg719118#msg719118
...what Carnage quoted on this page.

Quote from: Spex130 on October 23, 2011, 03:40:15 PMI suppose because it will be much more customizable than previous imports. This big "hook" behind this importer is that you can import everything: Bones, Textures, and Model. Added to that (If I heard right) you can throw in shaders from different games (I would guess it takes some amount of skill, though). The reason people are so hyped is that you can import almost any model that can be converted to DAE (Essentially anything,) with a customized skeleton. The reason that so many imports failed in the past is because the skeletons didn't mesh with the parameters of the replaced models. If you can rig a model to be EXACTLY like the one it's replacing, wouldn't that be the best? Well, with this, you can do that. If I've been paying attention all these posts, that is.
:srs: What?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Quote from: LC ReSuRrEcTeD on October 23, 2011, 04:22:09 PM
:srs: What?
He's talking about Sizing the model to the Bones like RTB's Kit on Zss.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




I'll also point out, yes the model will T-Stance when it doesn't have the proper names for the bones. The Bones have to match the MotionEct file of what you want to animate. Deleting an animation in either MotionEct or the fit(name).pac will make the model t-stance as well.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



The "Big idea" is that we get the perfect model import, with no T stance glitches, no item or throwing glitches, no hurtbox glitches, no shield glitches no SQUAT!

It's a flawless import because the characters will be rigged to brawl characters bones, hence why rigging in 3DS max is needed.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on October 23, 2011, 04:43:57 PM
The "Big idea" is that we get the perfect model import, with no T stance glitches, no item or throwing glitches, no hurtbox glitches, no shield glitches no SQUAT!

It's a flawless import because the characters will be rigged to brawl characters bones, hence why rigging in 3DS max is needed.

It doesn't matter what the bones are rigged to. Rigging them to pre-existing brawl characters bones allows for no need of animating, moveset making, etc. and are wifi compatible. Custom bone require entirely new animations and movesets.

...I think.

October 23, 2011, 05:23:44 PM #5482 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:31:50 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: Lateralus on October 23, 2011, 05:18:28 PMIt doesn't matter what the bones are rigged to. Rigging them to pre-existing brawl characters bones allows for no need of animating, moveset making, etc. and are wifi compatible. Custom bone require entirely new animations and movesets. ...I think.
You're right. Custom bones requires entierely new animations and new attacks. For example, someone who will also make a Flandre model (I won't say who) will use custom bones, so he'll have to create new animations and moves, unlike me, as I used Pit's bones (and he didn't seemed too happy about the fact that I had a Flandre model over Pit prepared already...) But hey, at least mine's a color pack with a custom Final Smash, so we're not aiming at the same goal at all. He might wants tons of downloads, but as for me, I just want comments as just a few dowloads doesn't hurt me. :D
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Lateralus on October 23, 2011, 05:18:28 PM
It doesn't matter what the bones are rigged to. Rigging them to pre-existing brawl characters bones allows for no need of animating, moveset making, etc. and are wifi compatible. Custom bone require entirely new animations and movesets.

...I think.

Most of the imports LC was talking about were probably the Bleach model imports, or maybe the Mario&Sonic character imports. They all had custom bones, and therefore needed every animation to be custom. That's why so many had T-stances. They weren't completely animated. The reason StarWaffle's Klonoa import took so long was because custom animations were necessary for everything....


Quote from: Lateralus on October 23, 2011, 05:18:28 PM
It doesn't matter what the bones are rigged to. Rigging them to pre-existing brawl characters bones allows for no need of animating, moveset making, etc. and are wifi compatible. Custom bone require entirely new animations and movesets.

...I think.

That's why I'm rigging Kisame to Ikes bones :D
Ike has a sword in the same hand, all he needs is new specials, some new tilts/smashes, and a new FS and poof, Kisame brawl styled =3

Although, Ike has no model changers, so I can't make a version of him that has the sword seathed and/or unseathed :l

Hey, I was the one who had to do most of those animations T.T
But yeah, with this we'll finally be able to complete Klonoa hopefully. The reason we don't really consider him done is because of his bones being incompatible he stretches, shield glitches, and splatters against the screen sometimes. With this we'll probably just give him one of the other characters bones and then redo all of the main animations... again...

But seriously, can't wait for you to release this. I'll be able to get to work on finishing project bomberman as well. ^^
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on October 23, 2011, 05:37:02 PM
That's why I'm rigging Kisame to Ikes bones :D
Ike has a sword in the same hand, all he needs is new specials, some new tilts/smashes, and a new FS and poof, Kisame brawl styled =3

Although, Ike has no model changers, so I can't make a version of him that has the sword seathed and/or unseathed :l

I think it would be possible to give him model changers, but then it probably won't be wifi-compatible.

Ok, so let me get this straight: I could take a Mewtwo model from Melee, rig it to work with the Mewtwo PSA stuff, and it will work as if it was the Mewtwo model mariokart64n made?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Why yes. That sounds about right. That's what happened with the Kit Ballard model.


Quote from: LC ReSuRrEcTeD on October 23, 2011, 05:58:05 PMOk, so let me get this straight: I could take a Mewtwo model from Melee, rig it to work with the Mewtwo PSA stuff, and it will work as if it was the Mewtwo model mariokart64n made?
yes
and thats what i was planing to do with afew models i got (inc. Goku for goku moveset :D)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later