Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hey bj hope ya dont mind buuuut... im kinda trying to help you out with the kinect tracking. and if you are wondering "how the heck is he going to do that???" well this is how
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
i pm'd brekel 4 src of a program to help u :happy:

You probably should have asked him first, but I don't mean to speak for BlackJax.

Also I'll look into that 3ds max error when I'm off work. Pm me your max files and DAEs.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Tcll on October 27, 2011, 07:45:52 PM
@Pikazz:
texture formatting shouldn't matter...
I've tried all different sorts of texture formats on Pika's textures...
they all display ingame.

what you have appears to be a shader error...
the shader appears to reference incorrectly in brbx as described...
but the no display ingame may be due to a script reference error on the shader...

meaning what you need to do is fix the texture ID's in the shader...
(not sure how to do yet)

and that's not possible to do yet, since shader editing isn't possible yet...

note: brbx edits material nodes, not shaders.
the shader is located w/in the material.
(not referenced to the material)
so how exactly are the shading the texture problem O.o
didn't thought the shaders using texture aswell, would it was only shading
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on October 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
so how exactly are the shading the texture problem O.o
didn't thought the shaders using texture aswell, would it was only shading
well... Nintendo doesn't map the UV's directly to the texture...

they use a texture referenced through the shader so they can reposition, invert, and remap it to the UV's.

they also use dual textures in shaders...
eg:
Pachirisu uses a reflective texture for specularity on top of his original textures...

I'm not sure if the wii shaders follow the 10 texture slot standard like Blender's shaders...
but both are capable of the same thing...

just look at my Pichu trophy texture map:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tcll5850/UMC#

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 27, 2011, 11:16:51 PM #6274 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:20:03 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: SqLeon on October 27, 2011, 06:29:34 AM
If anyone has problems exporting dae's from BB where it exports a file that's like less than 1KB, try expanding the mdl0 first, and previewing it, and then exporting as dae.

Nice find. I'll populate the MDL0 before you actually expand it then.

Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 27, 2011, 07:59:40 PM
hey bj hope ya dont mind buuuut... im kinda trying to help you out with the kinect tracking. and if you are wondering "how the heck is he going to do that???" well this is how
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
i pm'd brekel 4 src of a program to help u :happy:

wut

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 27, 2011, 11:16:51 PM
wut

sry i was rushing, there is a program, brekel kinect, that does track motion and streams it to motion builder (autodesk) i asked jasper brekelmans / brekelmens 4 source code 2 help w/ kinect skeleton tracking u can check it out at http://www.brekel.com/

Is Real-time PSA editing up next? That thing sounds kick-awesome. :D


hey um... i just got an error 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


a translation would be appreciated ;)

Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 28, 2011, 02:50:13 AM
hey um... i just got an error 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


a translation would be appreciated ;)

Send meh teh dae

If you see <authoring_tool>3dsMax 8 - Feeling ColladaMax v3.05B.</authoring_tool> then problem found. Unless you want to add support for that atrocious format to Brawlbox :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.


Quote from: Justin712 on October 28, 2011, 03:01:17 AM
If you see <authoring_tool>3dsMax 8 - Feeling ColladaMax v3.05B.</authoring_tool> then problem found. Unless you want to add support for that atrocious format to Brawlbox :laugh:

I'm working on making all formats as compatible as possible, actually.

If somebody could find the differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.0 daes, you would save me a lot of time :srs:

Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 28, 2011, 03:02:47 AM
DAE sent

k

it might not have been sent because my mom has the timer set so i remeber to get off of teh lappy (i have Windows 7) and i was locked out right when i clicked send so now i bid u farewell 4 my mom has caught me using my PS3

Goodnight you guyz

October 28, 2011, 03:19:52 AM #6284 Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:38:09 AM by Justin712
I've still got xxgbcxx's feeling collada export if you need it, although I'm not sure how many of the other users are using that same plugin. I've also got an OpenCollada export, and as far as I know those two and Autodesk are the 3 main ones.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 28, 2011, 03:03:37 AM
If somebody could find the differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.0 daes, you would save me a lot of time

They officially have 1.4.1 marked only as a "bug patch", and since 1.4.0 was the version they first added bone support it's probably related to rigging.

I doubt that's very helpful, so I'll look a bit more into it though. :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.