Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 02, 2011, 02:12:34 AM #6390 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:28:52 AM by Eternal Yoshi
This is what happens when i try to import it using the Autodesk Collada plugin.

Only the bones show up. :(

"(2010 comes with the correct exporter already)"

Hmm......

@ EY: I get that error too but my model does show up, it just doesn't have any textures for some odd reason.

Try the trick that I tried out a while ago. Export a DAE of the model from brawlbox, don't touch it with max, replace the model with the DAE you exported and preview it after it's done, then export it again. Don't forget to export the textures and name them the way they show up in the model previewer.

Finished the object rebuilder. Still working on the other two things.

My 3DS Max 2010 doesn't like importing Brawl models :srs:
It just gives me the bone tree.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 02, 2011, 04:12:56 AM
Finished the object rebuilder. Still working on the other two things.

Progress is progress.

And progress is good.

/hype


I'm not really familiar with 3DS Max, since I've been using Lightwave at uni, so in my importing experiments I thought I'd give Lightwave a whirl for brawl stuffs.

It does have a COLLADA exporter, but it causes an exception when you try to use it, so I guess that's a no-go. Though you can export as 3DS as well.

Quote from: ds22 on October 31, 2011, 09:41:45 PM
Replacing the bone node date in the .dae file with the data of a .dae exported using one of the bonesets found in the boneset thread, you'll basically fix all rotation problems.

If you don't mind, would you explain this in more detail? Like, how should I do this?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

November 02, 2011, 06:31:59 AM #6397 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:34:32 AM by Justin712
Quote from: Tempo_ on November 02, 2011, 06:23:01 AM
If you don't mind, would you explain this in more detail? Like, how should I do this?

Like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't make a huge mistake. :srs:
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

im having an issue with a fully rigged and weighted character and it just wont import into BB... if u want to look at it justin, i'll send u the file

here's the error:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

November 02, 2011, 06:41:58 AM #6400 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:43:20 AM by Justin712
No problem. You ought to be thanking ds22 though, cause that is an awesome fix :laugh:

Nice job, man!

Quote from: DSX8 on November 02, 2011, 06:36:11 AM
if u want to look at it justin, i'll send u the file

Please do :)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.


Quote from: DSX8 on November 02, 2011, 06:36:11 AM
im having an issue with a fully rigged and weighted character and it just wont import into BB... if u want to look at it justin, i'll send u the file

here's the error:


When I get that error, it usually means that some object has no bone in the skin modifier O.o
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 02, 2011, 11:46:15 AM
When I get that error, it usually means that some object has no bone in the skin modifier O.o
he told me in a PM that there was a object in the model, that never showed up as an object in 3ds max, and came up as only 5 triangles... he fixed it tho and it imports a bit weird.. but shows up fine in brawl lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

anything i import is weird, the bones have scales like: 250000

why is this?

oh, and the model isnt visible, probably cuz of this