Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So, around what time tonight, BJ?

I wonder, though... BJ, is it possible to use a character if it already comes with bones (I mean, without rigging)? Like, the Miku you sent me has its own bones, for example.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 08, 2011, 02:20:54 AM
So, around what time tonight, BJ?

I wonder, though... BJ, is it possible to use a character if it already comes with bones (I mean, without rigging)? Like, the Miku you sent me has its own bones, for example.

Yeah. Right now, you can rename the existing bones to match a Brawl character's skeleton and add any necessary bones (like YRotN, etc) and port the whole animation pac to match their bone tree. Or you could just animate the character from scratch. Unfortunately, the anim porter doesn't fix rotations so you have to fix them yourself. All this "rigging to a brawl character's bone tree" stuff will be obsolete once I get the animation porter to fix rotations, unless you want the character to be wi-fi safe.

BTW, how on Earth do you tell which one is YRotN/XRotN/RotN/HipN or TransN? I can't figure that one out. On characters with their own trees, I mean.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 08, 2011, 02:32:31 AM
BTW, how on Earth do you tell which one is YRotN/XRotN/RotN/HipN or TransN? I can't figure that one out. On characters with their own trees, I mean.

this is the order: TopN, all face and yellow eye bones, TransN, XRotN, YRotN and then comes HipN WaistN and HaveN, you should look at snoopy's tutorial, there are lists, also in bb you can add dummy bones to match the original character's(which i think you may want zss or peach)
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


November 08, 2011, 03:44:54 AM #6544 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:06:00 AM by BlackJax96
I was looking into why the default shader didn't work, and I noticed that there aren't bp registers (0x61) for commands 5, 7 & 9 if the structure doesn't have second commands. :srs: That's probably why it works in-game when you replace it as a fix. *facepalm*
Well anyway, the update is coming soon. I'm just doing last minute research. :P

Edit: Yeah, that was the problem. It's fixed now.

Will the upate fix any bugs involving v11 mdl0's? I can't export as v9 or edit a v11 mdl0.

Quote from: SqLeon on November 08, 2011, 05:02:33 AM
Will the upate fix any bugs involving v11 mdl0's? I can't export as v9 or edit a v11 mdl0.

Actually yes but why couldn't you export as a v9? :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 08, 2011, 05:16:52 AM
Actually yes but why couldn't you export as a v9? :srs:

It just says BrawlBox has encountered a problem and needs to close, and then it closes. That's if I expand the mdl0 before exporting. If I don't it says index was outside the bounds of the array and some other weird stuff happens. I assume thats just the same problem as the exporting as dae before expanding thing.


BJ. What the [censored] did you do?  :oshi: I imported him before the update and it was fine besides the shader related glitches.

This one has no glitches that I could see through all that mess, it just that he looks like he was put through a paper shredder.




Does the update automatically fix the lighting and shader for chars??
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Holy [censored] Beyond. O_o
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 08, 2011, 06:19:50 PM #6554 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:20:52 PM by ds22
It might be your model though, Beyond:

Mine imported just fine.
(please note that the rig shown I only made to test the model importer and will not be finished or released, as others already are working on him)