Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on November 19, 2011, 03:55:43 AM
Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but I searched a bit and found the same detach script, except it's a detachbyidmanual script, an earlier version but it's the only one that works any model I've worked with, not just .pmd models. If you want it, just let me know and I'll put up a download for it, since I have no idea where I found it...

Why do you guys keep bringing up PMD models? :srs: The model format makes absolutely no difference once you get it in 3ds Max.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 19, 2011, 04:00:44 AM
Why do you guys keep bringing up PMD models? :srs: The model format makes absolutely no difference once you get it in 3ds Max.

It only makes a difference with the detachbyid maxscript that we use to separate polygons by its material. Inside 3ds max is fine of course, it's getting it in using that script that isn't always fine.

EDIT: Or rather, that detachbyid scripts seems to only work with the pmds, probably because of how the script was built. I'm just saying this from my experiences and everyone else's errors with the script.

Quote from: Xiggah on November 19, 2011, 04:06:19 AM
It only makes a difference with the detachbyid maxscript that we use to separate polygons by its material. Inside 3ds max is fine of course, it's getting it in using that script that isn't always fine.

EDIT: Or rather, that detachbyid scripts seems to only work with the pmds, probably because of how the script was built. I'm just saying this from my experiences and everyone else's errors with the script.


The detach by id script has worked with all the models I tried it on, none of which were .pmd models.

<.<

Quote from: Xiggah on November 19, 2011, 04:06:19 AM
It only makes a difference with the detachbyid maxscript that we use to separate polygons by its material. Inside 3ds max is fine of course, it's getting it in using that script that isn't always fine.

EDIT: Or rather, that detachbyid scripts seems to only work with the pmds, probably because of how the script was built. I'm just saying this from my experiences and everyone else's errors with the script.

I've used the script on tons of different models, are you kidding me? :srs:


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 19, 2011, 04:00:44 AM
Why do you guys keep bringing up PMD models? :srs: The model format makes absolutely no difference once you get it in 3ds Max.

^This?
Once you bring a file into 3DS max, it automatically becomes .max format unless saved as something specified :l

At least....I'm pretty sure that's how most programs work .

Hey whenever I try to add this texture file to the sc_selmap_en.pac and save brawlbox just stops responding and closes out. Now I could be wrong but I don't think that's supposed to happen.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Its just a map icon replacement, same size, same format.
This pretty much happens if I try to put the image anywhere, doesn't even make a difference when I change the format.

Edit:
It does the same thing with older versions of brawlbox too. This was 0.63 and it gave me an error.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Edit: Edit:
I just remembered that I'm supposed to put this in the error thread. Sorry about that
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

All right, I've got a message. A friend started working on an gamemaker animation importer to Brawlbox, because he wants to export from Maya and import his animations straight to the chr0 files. Do you have any suggestions for him, or is the .chr0 wiki enough for him?

Quote from: Spex130 on November 19, 2011, 01:50:27 AM
Run as Administrator.

You can't check the stuff otherwise.

But sir, I am the administrator
I have risen


Quote from: YTPCD-i on November 19, 2011, 01:25:58 PM
But sir, I am the administrator
some programs still needs u to right click > run as admin   just to run the program, even if u ARE an admin on ur cpu lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Think of it as the equivalent of running under Super User in Linux using the sudo command.

Also obligatory XKCD reference.

I'm sorry if this was already asked again and again, but seeking through 460 pages wasn't encouraging at all x)

Is there a way to open Multi-channel BRSTM files through BrawlBox under Windows 7 (x86) ?

Thanks :/

Quote from: DSX8 on November 19, 2011, 01:27:10 PM
some programs still needs u to right click > run as admin   just to run the program, even if u ARE an admin on ur cpu lol

Yeah, thanks
I have risen


Quote from: Email on November 19, 2011, 03:36:48 PM
I'm sorry if this was already asked again and again, but seeking through 460 pages wasn't encouraging at all x)

Is there a way to open Multi-channel BRSTM files through BrawlBox under Windows 7 (x86) ?

Thanks :/

Just open it in Brawlbox lol

Quote from: Xiggah on November 19, 2011, 07:20:44 AM
All right, I've got a message. A friend started working on an gamemaker animation importer to Brawlbox, because he wants to export from Maya and import his animations straight to the chr0 files. Do you have any suggestions for him, or is the .chr0 wiki enough for him?

Should be enough but the Brawlbox source code provides more info than the wiki. Plus the wiki is based on v5 chr0s and not v4, which is Brawl's version (They're basically the exact same except for the header).

The source code is a good lead. He's wanting to have a script from max/maya run the brawlbox.dll to export animation keyframes into the .chr0 files, so I thought a good place to start would be the CHR0NODE file and the model previewer source code.