Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

BlackJax96 in the next version of brawlbox besides metal texture will the obj importer work? this would be epic for characters with low GFX models in their fighter packs :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

DAE imports do everything OBJ imports do/

But it would be nice.

But...
If you import OBJ files, they'll only have two bones :\
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


You still need help, or am I too late to the party?


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

^ you can take my spot. i cant help D:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Would it be possible to import the weights from a .dae into an already imported model?

There've been times where I want to make tweaks to my rig but that also means having to redo all the material edits that I've done. <_< It can be really tedious if there are a bunch of materials.

Quote from: Beyond on November 26, 2011, 09:49:40 PM
Would it be possible to import the weights from a .dae into an already imported model?

There've been times where I want to make tweaks to my rig but that also means having to redo all the material edits that I've done. <_< It can be really tedious if there are a bunch of materials.

Those were quite tedious as well, but I chose to fix my material problems before the import so I wouldn't have to fix it after every import. Can you fix your material problems in 3ds max once instead of in Brawlbox repeatedly?

Quote from: Xiggah on November 26, 2011, 10:07:51 PM
Those were quite tedious as well, but I chose to fix my material problems before the import so I wouldn't have to fix it after every import. Can you fix your material problems in 3ds max once instead of in Brawlbox repeatedly?
as far as i know... nope.... but there is an easier way, which is to attach the same object to another object that shares the same texture data
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

All right, wrong approach... what material problems are you guys having? Corrupt material files upon import that need replaced?

I am done with my part now, I have send you my PM :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

I would like to point something out.
It seems the new brawlbox can't see knuckles' bones, the only exception being TopN.
(refering to the one used by Law_law), so I had to dig up the old brawlbox.
Also-
Quote from: Segtendo on November 26, 2011, 09:30:52 PMBut... If you import OBJ files, they'll only have two bones :\
which is okay if you intend to use them as a GFX

Just curious, are you working on adding SRT0 and  Vis0 entries?

Quote from: Xiggah on November 26, 2011, 05:35:39 AM
You could give me everything you don't have just to be on the safe side >.> Or to make more use of myself, you could tell me which parts of your code to double-check to look at to find pesky errors.

You can have SonicBrawler's part. I'll pm you the same thing I pm'd everyone else.

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on November 26, 2011, 09:46:45 PM
You still need help, or am I too late to the party?

You can have my part, I haven't started it yet. I'll pm the same thing as Xiggah.

Quote from: Carnage on November 26, 2011, 12:02:09 PM
BlackJax96 in the next version of brawlbox besides metal texture will the obj importer work? this would be epic for characters with low GFX models in their fighter packs :P

Yep

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 26, 2011, 09:20:24 PM
DAE imports do everything OBJ imports do/

But it would be nice.
Quote from: Segtendo on November 26, 2011, 09:30:52 PM
But...
If you import OBJ files, they'll only have two bones :\

He's talking about the object importer not a .obj importer.

Quote from: Beyond on November 26, 2011, 09:49:40 PM
Would it be possible to import the weights from a .dae into an already imported model?

There&#039;ve been times where I want to make tweaks to my rig but that also means having to redo all the material edits that I&#039;ve done. &lt;_&lt; It can be really tedious if there are a bunch of materials.

Not really, sorry. >_> Just make final edits when you're absolutely sure the rig is perfect.

Quote from: Anonymous on November 27, 2011, 03:30:04 AM
I would like to point something out.
It seems the new brawlbox can&#039;t see knuckles&#039; bones, the only exception being TopN.
(refering to the one used by Law_law), so I had to dig up the old brawlbox.
Also- which is okay if you intend to use them as a GFX

You used Fortwaffle's bone adder. Don't do that. :srs:

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 27, 2011, 03:58:29 AM
Just curious, are you working on adding SRT0 and&nbsp; Vis0 entries?

Yep and VIS0 is already done (and has been for a while).

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 27, 2011, 05:04:18 AM
He's talking about the object importer not a .obj importer.
Curse you Tommo for making me think about OBJ models D:<

I kid.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I'll gladly help. Although I didn't think this would drag on for this long as compared to last time... Tell you what, I'll complete whatever you send me, even if it's the whole thing!