Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 10:27:43 PM
I actually know who made that Flatzone (and Hanenbow) Z-axis code.

Anyway, you can, in certain ways, hack the main.dol file, as demonstrated here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So that's why we haven't found it. Wonder why it isn't the same for PAL...
Can main.dol be replaced through Riivolution?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Tcll on January 04, 2012, 10:08:03 PM
codes are more loose than actual hacks,
as a code is used to modify the wii's process data...

with PW's FPC, Brawl's very own SD code is modified to force the wii to read from the custom 'pf' directory on SD before reading from the disk, when the data is being loaded into the RAM.

I'm not entirely sure how the wii's processing works,
but I know you can't hack 'main.dol' which is located on the disk root.

basically:
SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/
is the same directory as
DVD:/partition0/files/

except for the SD directory .../pfmenu2 which should be .../pf/menu2
You never directly linked your statement that you can't hack main.dol with your statement about loading files from the SD card (of which I incidentally found an error message regarding trying to use a SDHC card).
But yeah, you need to use WiiScrubber in order to get this loaded.
Still doesn't change the fact that some stuff which seemed unhackable could very well be exclusively located inside main.dol.

And since I never used Riiv, I wouldn't really know what you can and can't load from the SD card using it.

Quote from: ds22 on January 05, 2012, 12:14:46 AM
And since I never used Riiv, I wouldn't really know what you can and can't load from the SD card using it.
Well, you can basically replace any file on the ISO in any game, though I've never tried main.dol.

---

Off-topic aside, how's progress BJ? :af:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on January 05, 2012, 01:08:51 AM
Well, you can basically replace any file on the ISO in any game, though I've never tried main.dol.

Couldn't you just add main.dol to the XML file though? I could try it, I use Riivo...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 05, 2012, 01:11:54 AM
Couldn't you just add main.dol to the XML file though? I could try it, I use Riivo...
Well the game is patched before it starts, so it should work...
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Ok, testing the HelloWorld thing on mah wii now.
There was only 1 string in the dol file that said Jigglypuff, so that's what I changed. >_>

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 10:27:43 PM
I actually know who made that Flatzone (and Hanenbow) Z-axis code.

Anyway, you can, in certain ways, hack the main.dol file, as demonstrated here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WAT? How can you edit that???
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@DS22: my topic never left the subject of the FPC...
anyways...

I havn't used Riivo either...
but I take it that it patches games upon the game-load through an XML file?
this gets me thinking...
I wonder if gecko could be hacked through gameconfig.txt to do that >_>

I mean...
I forget who made Gecko OS-MOD,
but it's ment to patch GCN games like that >_>

this would also bamf the need need for the glitchy method of using the FPC. >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


How do i edit that main.dol???
also any progress? =3
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 05, 2012, 01:41:42 AM
>w>

http://i.imgur.com/VOQ6L.jpg
eh...
screw hacking gecko...
I only used it because I had the channel installed :P

but now that I've seen this,
it appears my assumptions were correct,
which means I'm switching. XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Infernape99 on January 05, 2012, 01:43:47 AM
How do i edit that main.dol???
I also have the same Q

being able to read this would solve all our problems
*cough* fully figuring out the mdl0 format... *cough cough*

EDIT:
OOPS...
sry for D-post >_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You edit it with a hex editor.

And the reason it's different in PAL is that PAL is multilingual, meaning it has to have a way to switch names in order to match the languages translation of those names (like Jigglypuff being Pummeluff in German and Rondoudou in French).

I Knew it would be with that... but how i just see a lot of numbers there =/
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ds22 on January 05, 2012, 01:50:02 AM
You edit it with a hex editor.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that -_-*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.