Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 07, 2012, 08:42:35 AM
All right, I've officially got all the other program-related things out of my life, now just Brawlbox. But should I program the undo in 0.65 or in the beta release?

EDIT: Here's how I think I'll go about Undo/Redo: each undo-able change in the scene would create an undo command. Off of the top of my head, I think the necessary undos wanted right now are manual keyframe changes, rotation changes made with the gizmo tool, (spinny thingy) and keyframe movement/deletion. Examples:


  • Action: Translation X from -3.14 to 8.     Undo: Save Translation: Set Translation:X:-3.14
  • Action: Delete Frame 4.     Undo: Create Frame:Move to Frame 4:Insert Keyframe Values into Frame
  • Action: Paste Frame.     Undo: Save Previous Keyframe: Restore Previous Keyframe

Somewhat related, the scene data (keyframes values, visible polygons/textures/bones, camera position, IDK exactly what things should be undoable) could be converted to a simple compressed string to allow room for a complete undo/redo of any complex change, or if a saved-config feature is desired.

Examples:


  • Polygon 1 visible, Polygon 2 - 15 invisible, Polygon 16 - 20 visible --> 1000000000000001111
  • Current Model:LucarioID2,Camera(0,0,0)(0,0,0)(0,0,0),BGColor215-16-78 --> ..,a...?%n|AI3U
  • Rot:X:8.271464;Y:-5.176613;Z:-0.08587035;Pos:X:";Y:-3.143758;Z:0.329522 --> ...01,a.... ...$...(?%n|AI3U>" '-A.WeAY|D$_UE.... (This is a straight-copy from a raw bone animation file)

But rather than the save-entire-scene-as-a-string for a user-config feature, each undo/redo should be a single command each.

That's just the thing, the entire scene isn't saved, only the change that's made is. There's a bool for everything that could be changed in SaveState.cs, although I think an array of bools and a comment saying what index refers to what would be better.

I like the idea about a compressed string though. That way you could just have an array of bools and a string value for each save and the save id.

I was going to start explaining some stuff, but now that I look at it, I'm probably a lot more experienced now than I was then. XD I'll just let you do your own thing.

You can just code it in v0.65; I can transfer over your code pretty easily.

Hey BJ, is  the hitbox viewer functional in this beta release?
I know graphics and other stuff probably aren't, but hitboxes?

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 07, 2012, 06:23:07 PM
Hey BJ, is  the hitbox viewer functional in this beta release?
I know graphics and other stuff probably aren't, but hitboxes?

Only hurtboxes

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 07, 2012, 06:29:28 PM
Only hurtboxes
*sips mah frappe*
any luck on finding or parsing those offsets on the SRT0 data?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 07, 2012, 06:39:34 PM
*sips mah frappe*
any luck on finding or parsing those offsets on the SRT0 data?

I want a frappe. :srs:
Not yet, I'm combining some models for a friend right now. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 07, 2012, 06:42:26 PM
I want a frappe. :srs:
Not yet, I'm combining some models for a friend right now. :P
here's ur frappe... if only u could get it!! >=D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*ahem* ok bak on track from a small frappe de-railment xD
...
ah aight xD
take ur time :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 07, 2012, 01:38:56 AM
Eventually, but I need to figure out how to retrieve and then render them first.

Edit: SRT0 parsing is about done now, just need to figure out how to get the offset count for each texture.
can't wait until the SRT0 <3

can help you to get the offset count x3
Stupid Tinypic :C

hey...
anyone know why, well...

ok so I had my patch working just by patching the load data...
(this froze brawl with a black screen)

but when I tried to add the first actual files (melee's GM data), the option stopped displaying >_>

anyone know why??
or what to do to fix this??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 07, 2012, 07:59:02 PM
hey...
anyone know why, well...

ok so I had my patch working just by patching the load data...
(this froze brawl with a black screen)

but when I tried to add the first actual files (melee's GM data), the option stopped displaying >_>

anyone know why??
or what to do to fix this??
arnt melee and brawl different wit the boot.### stuff?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Tcll on January 07, 2012, 07:59:02 PM
hey...
anyone know why, well...

ok so I had my patch working just by patching the load data...
(this froze brawl with a black screen)

but when I tried to add the first actual files (melee's GM data), the option stopped displaying >_>

anyone know why??
or what to do to fix this??
Not sure, but it might be differences between how files are read on the IOS and MIOS
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on January 07, 2012, 08:39:45 PM
Not sure, but it might be differences between how files are read on the IOS and MIOS
I don't think that has anything to do with riivo >_>
I just have to delete the files to be able to select MeleeBrawl again >_>

honestly though, I'd think replacing the game loaders (main.dol, fst.bin, appldr.bin, and header.bin) would work...

main.dol is the program
fst.bin contains the directory names and offsets
appldr.bin is basically main.dol's extension (I think)
header.bin is the game id (GALE01) and contains info about the game.

if I'm wrong on that, please let me know ;)

Quote from: Nymph on January 07, 2012, 08:23:30 PM
arnt melee and brawl different wit the boot.### stuff?

well brawl's boot.bin and melee's header.bin are the same in hex
same with brawl's apploader.img and melee's appldr.bin


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think Unk8 and Unk9 in the material ref are the Min/Mag Filters for mipmaps. I've implemented mipmapping based on it and it seems to work fine.
Also, I got WrapMode's Mirror to actually mirror the texture instead of repeat.

January 07, 2012, 10:17:45 PM #8007 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:21:36 PM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 07, 2012, 10:06:56 PM
I think Unk8 and Unk9 in the material ref are the Min/Mag Filters for mipmaps. I&#039;ve implemented mipmapping based on it and it seems to work fine.
Also, I got WrapMode&#039;s Mirror to actually mirror the texture instead of repeat.
awesome :D

you'll have to teach me the trick to do that ^_^
(IDK how it works in the data) >_>

EDIT:
btw have you tried my new template yet??

if not, then don't bother yet until my next release...
(current release doesn't support all the registers)

WARNING: don't switch the template into design mode,
or else wait about an hour for your file to load. >_<

it sux since I can't use HexEdit's template editor >_<
(wait 1 hour for every small change)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 07, 2012, 11:54:08 PM #8008 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:06:19 AM by Nymph
BJ.... i just got an error while i tried to export a V11 mdl0 as a Version9... i was able to do that to another model just fine, but this 1 wont :srs:

also some of the models once re-imported as a V9 gets all messed up for some reason O.o
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 07, 2012, 11:54:08 PM
BJ.... i just got an error while i tried to export a V11 mdl0 as a Version9... i was able to do that to another model just fine, but this 1 wont :srs:

also some of the models once re-imported as a V9 gets all messed up for some reason O.o
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

yea...
there's alot that gets messed up...

I didn't even bother trying to fix Pachirisu D:
I only added 1 bone and saved, and the whole mdl0 was garbage... DX
(mine actually exported as v11)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.