Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

the PAT0's struckture is already done :notimp:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on January 24, 2012, 12:25:29 PM
the PAT0's struckture is already done :notimp:
Well, there's one done. Did BJ have those notes this whole time or was he redoing it himself?

January 24, 2012, 09:12:34 PM #8417 Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:19:35 PM by ds22
Figured something out about G&W's animations:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ds22 on January 24, 2012, 09:12:34 PM
Figured something out about G&W's animations:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Yeah, I think it's a bug with Brawlbox, reading the keyframes as interpolation rather than linear. We briefly mentioned it about 30 pages ago. I do think we already have CHR0 completely mapped out, so it should be a small fix.

There were some float values that were read as integers in the SCN0 light data (which results in huge numbers), so I fixed that. Looking through to make sure there aren't any other misread values.

And Kryal actually set up linear interpolation, but didn't use it...
I'll have to take a look at GW's animations myself.

I see your Brbx still has that polygon deal...

load the menu or title and preview it to see what I mean

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2012, 12:53:46 AM
I see your Brbx still has that polygon deal...

load the menu or title and preview it to see what I mean

Yeah, I think it has to do with the vertices not being XYZ and the vertex buffer being set up for only XYZ vertices. I thought that 0.0f was put for the Z value in the buffer if not present, but maybe not...

January 25, 2012, 01:48:29 AM #8422 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:33:39 AM by Xiggah
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 25, 2012, 12:15:39 AM
There were some float values that were read as integers in the SCN0 light data (which results in huge numbers), so I fixed that. Looking through to make sure there aren't any other misread values.

And Kryal actually set up linear interpolation, but didn't use it...
I'll have to take a look at GW's animations myself.

Linear interpolation was never used? It sounds so much easier to set up than normal interpolation... I think setting up keyframes to use linear more often would make animators happier than an undo button.

EDIT: Ooo, I thought of something. Could Brawlbox allow you to add multiple textures to a material?

January 25, 2012, 01:54:58 AM #8423 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:56:43 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 25, 2012, 01:16:01 AM
Yeah, I think it has to do with the vertices not being XYZ and the vertex buffer being set up for only XYZ vertices. I thought that 0.0f was put for the Z value in the buffer if not present, but maybe not...
that's another deal I had too...
that same value is different for all 3 vecotor types >_>

I'm confused on it though...
I always though it was if the verts had bounds or not...

although...
OGL can do 2D and 4D (I think) verts... maybe that's what it means >_>

if that's so,
a simple fix for your problem would be to simply add 0 to the Z vector (if 2D)
before appending the vert to the buffer

I wonder...
I want to test my theory now XD
name me an MDL0 that's set up like that plz :)
(tell me where it is too) XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 25, 2012, 01:48:29 AM
Linear interpolation was never used? It sounds so much easier to set up than normal interpolation... I think setting up keyframes to use linear more often would make animators happier than an undo button.

EDIT: Ooo, I thought of something. Could Brawlbox allow you to add multiple textures to a material?

No, not making them linear, but actually coding proper interpolation with a tangent editor would be what would make animators happy. Linear Interpolation < Undo < Editable Interpolation

And are you talking about SRT0 or MDL0 materials? :srs:

Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2012, 01:54:58 AM
that's another deal I had too...
that same value is different for all 3 vecotor types >_>

I'm confused on it though...
I always though it was if the verts had bounds or not...

although...
OGL can do 2D and 4D (I think) verts... maybe that's what it means >_>

if that's so,
a simple fix for your problem would be to simply add 0 to the Z vector (if 2D)
before appending the vert to the buffer

I wonder...
I want to test my theory now XD
name me an MDL0 that's set up like that plz :)
(tell me where it is too) XD

That's exactly what I said. :srs:
And nah

well if any1 wants any progress on BB.... SCN0 rebuilder is almost done.... but he's adding a new feature to the Model Viewer...

if any1 can figure it out, u get a cookie! (i kno wat it is tho :P)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 25, 2012, 06:42:02 AM #8426 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:09:55 AM by Xiggah
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 25, 2012, 04:00:42 AM
No, not making them linear, but actually coding proper interpolation with a tangent editor would be what would make animators happy. Linear Interpolation < Undo < Editable Interpolation

And are you talking about SRT0 or MDL0 materials? :srs:

Ah, priorities...

I meant MDL0 materials, like how eyes often have 3 textures layered on. I wasn't aware if it was doable or not, I only noticed that the textures number of a material was changeable.

EDIT: Ah, Add New Reference. My bad, I didn't notice that before.

January 25, 2012, 07:43:03 AM #8427 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:48:08 AM by pikazz
Quote from: ds22 on January 24, 2012, 09:12:34 PMFigured something out about G&W's animations:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
it's because brawl animation doesn't use interpolation (or whats the name again?) and G&W is a perfect example on that. but BB adds them and it turns out to that D: it was hard to do caramelldansen and some other animations with G&W
Quote from: Xiggah on January 24, 2012, 08:30:13 PMWell, there's one done. Did BJ have those notes this whole time or was he redoing it himself?
I believe he had mine cause I gave it to him if I dont got it wrong o.o
Stupid Tinypic :C

So will we be able to save in this new brawlbox or do we have to revert back to v0.65 to save?

Quote from: pikazz on January 25, 2012, 07:43:03 AM
it's because brawl animation doesn't use interpolation (or whats the name again?) and G&W is a perfect example on that. but BB adds them and it turns out to that D: it was hard to do caramelldansen and some other animations with G&W
I believe he had mine cause I gave it to him if I dont got it wrong o.o
We'll bring up G&W enough times until the keyframes gets fixed :P Asides from Game&Watch, it makes me wonder what other animations we view incorrectly.

No wonder BJ didn't mention PAT0 files on the to-do list of files to decipher, it must already be done. Good work deciphering PAT0. You should teach me your art of file deciphering so i can teach others >.>

And the new Brawlbox won't be a beta, (I think) so it should be able to save properly.