Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

I wouldn't doubt it. BJ here's rebuilding entire structures, all of them safe and sound except for that common3.pac

BJ...
how long until 0.66x??

0.65x isn't working out for me (of course)
there's just too many bugs <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 31, 2012, 12:22:25 AM
BJ...
how long until 0.66x??

0.65x isn't working out for me (of course)
there's just too many bugs <_<
how the hell is it not working for u if its working for me and other ppl? (even tho there is that saving bug issue which i found a way to work around that)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 31, 2012, 12:26:46 AM
how the hell is it not working for u if its working for me and other ppl? (even tho there is that saving bug issue which i found a way to work around that)
*words*... that's how :srs:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 31, 2012, 12:35:27 AM #8659 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:36:28 AM by BlackJax96
I don't get how you guys get all these crazy bugs and garbage.
Seriously, you're all doing something wrong if the developer has never encountered such errors. :srs:
One of the reasons they've never been fixed is because I've never bumped into them and nobody tells me exactly how to recreate the bug myself.

January 31, 2012, 12:49:23 AM #8660 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:56:15 AM by Nymph
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 31, 2012, 12:35:27 AM
I don't get how you guys get all these crazy bugs and garbage.
Seriously, you're all doing something wrong if the developer has never encountered such errors. :srs:
One of the reasons they've never been fixed is because I've never bumped into them and nobody tells me exactly how to recreate the bug myself.
well then... ill put the same bug up as i showed u yesterday... hold on let me make it happen again xD

edit:
well turns out my error wont pop up now, instead just makes BB crash and close... lolz... and thats by replacing a MDL0 with the same DAE data.

well heres the same error some1 mentioned bout previewing a model.... but will work if u preview it again
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

DPv5 is on hold until I can append and replace MDL0 Objects and Vectors

and until the transformation bug is fixed...
(HipN00 = HipN * -1)
^doesn't return HipN00 to the origin atm

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 31, 2012, 02:01:47 AM
DPv5 is on hold until I can append and replace MDL0 Objects and Vectors

and until the transformation bug is fixed...
(HipN00 = HipN * -1)
^doesn't return HipN00 to the origin atm

(BoneMatrix * InvBoneMatrix) - Bone Matrix World Translation *should* get you to the origin.
Idk though, haven't tried it. All I know is that the 4th column of the bone matrix stores the world translation and Matrix * Inv converts the bone into world space.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 31, 2012, 02:05:46 AM
(BoneMatrix * InvBoneMatrix) - Bone Matrix World Translation *should* get you to the origin.
Idk though, haven't tried it. All I know is that the 4th column of the bone matrix stores the world translation and Matrix * Inv converts the bone into world space.
I always thought:
Matrix * inverse_Matrix = identity_Matrix

but w/e I guess my algebra was wrong >_>
(meaning I'll give it a try) :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay, I updated the download and source code with the hurtbox fix, not a big deal.

Two things:
- Imma try to get BB up onto Google Code soon. I'll probably update it a lot, so if you know how to sync directories, you can test new Brawlbox versions before they're even released! :af: At your own risk, of course. Official releases are always stable.

- Gonna make a lot of GUI changes for the next update...

Hey Blackjax ! how can i give a one character black shaders? like UMVC3 :D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 31, 2012, 04:48:15 AM
Two things:
- Imma try to get BB up onto Google Code soon. I'll probably update it a lot, so if you know how to sync directories, you can test new Brawlbox versions before they're even released! :af: At your own risk, of course. Official releases are always stable.

- Gonna make a lot of GUI changes for the next update...
Cool beans. Sounds awesome.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Hey BJ, the undo/redo script's looking pretty good. One question though, what would you reccomend for undoing the rotations of the bones with 180 rotation? Those root leg/arm bones tend to add 180 y rotation: should I try saving a different rotation number? I'm getting the values from bone.framestate.rotate.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 31, 2012, 11:12:09 PM
Hey BJ, the undo/redo script's looking pretty good. One question though, what would you reccomend for undoing the rotations of the bones with 180 rotation? Those root leg/arm bones tend to add 180 y rotation: should I try saving a different rotation number? I'm getting the values from bone.framestate.rotate.

Noice.
And what do you mean? Just save the exact rotation that's output to the boxes after the user makes a change.

January 31, 2012, 11:23:14 PM #8669 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:24:16 PM by Xiggah
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 31, 2012, 11:16:38 PM
Noice.
And what do you mean? Just save the exact rotation that's output to the boxes after the user makes a change.

I mean if I rotate RLegJ, the bone with -180 X rotation, the undo sets it back to -180 x and -180 y. It sounds related to that problem where the XYZ gets messed up, forgot what it was called

EDIT: But I'll just switch over to the textbox, no biggie. Should I put in undo support for multiple models?