Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 31, 2012, 11:23:14 PM
I mean if I rotate RLegJ, the bone with -180 X rotation, the undo sets it back to -180 x and -180 y. It sounds related to that problem where the XYZ gets messed up, forgot what it was called

EDIT: But I'll just switch over to the textbox, no biggie. Should I put in undo support for multiple models?

Alright and sure.
It's called Gimbal Lock btw.

Okay...so I thought I'd try to import Krystal's staff over ganondorf's down taunt sword, and it did work and all...buuut.... no idea what's up...



I'm thinking it's a texture glitch...but I don't know what's causing it...


you're prbly referencing the wrong texture ID...

have you added the correct texture to the pcs??

if so, then make sure the reference in the material is correct

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 31, 2012, 11:50:53 PM
you're prbly referencing the wrong texture ID...

have you added the correct texture to the pcs??

if so, then make sure the reference in the material is correct

Ganondorf's taunt sword is stored in his MotionEtc file, under the GanondorfEtc part :/

I'll try and look at the materials and stuff though =3


Pallet problem, maybe?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on February 01, 2012, 12:15:42 AM
Ganondorf's taunt sword is stored in his MotionEtc file, under the GanondorfEtc part :/

I'll try and look at the materials and stuff though =3


ah... ok...
I said the pcs since I'm giving DP his scythe :P

I tried adding the beamsword as a substitute and you saw what happened there XDD
(my latest hack release)

anyways... sry the materials can't me more descriptive...
(BJ may program, but I help with info)

yeh... there's alot to figure out yet with the materials >_>
(like why a material has 10 colors)
^perhapse maybe for it's shader >_>

actually...
I'm derping because Shaders don't handle color data XD
yea... I'm not sure what they're for

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Shaders have ten different colors most likely to decide what tones of white/grey to use for the shading.

Kind of like how an artist uses different toned lead for thicker/darker lines as opposed to a lighter/thinner lead for brighter, easier to erase lines.

Call it an uneducated guess, but who knows, there's more to everything in this [censored] than we already know XD

Also BJ, a suggestion for the new brawlbox update.
In the model previewer, make it so that when you load a motionetc you can view the models within the CharacterEtc BRESS tree :/

feedback, link hurtboxes and psa data (fitlink.pac) is not loading on the recent brawlbox 0.65b (non beta) D:

Quote from: shadowXtreme on February 01, 2012, 01:16:47 AM
feedback, link hurtboxes and psa data (fitlink.pac) is not loading on the recent brawlbox 0.65b (non beta) D:

Redownload it.
Btw, only hurtbox editing is supported atm.

I found some sort of error, BJ.

I tested my model import I'm working on and the polygons exploded all over the stage and some polygons had static-like textures and others had almost-perfect metal textures.

I pretty sure it's not the model or anything, it was working fine before in game (well, minus the texture and shader problems I was trying to fix).

The only things I changed from my last ingame test were (using the latest BB):
I changed the textures from CMPR to C18
I changed the auto-metal option from False to True
I exported the model as a .mdl0 and re-imported it
(I also assigned the expressions to their respective visibility bones)

Sorry if this was reported before.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on February 01, 2012, 01:42:31 AM
I changed the auto-metal option from False to True

There's your problem
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: ExorcistRain on February 01, 2012, 01:42:31 AM
I changed the auto-metal option from False to True

Yeah don't do that, notice that I removed it in the stable release

I've encountered a problem:

Whenever I save a MotionPac after replacing new animations, the next time I load it, BrawlBox refuses to open it and instantly closes down.

How do I fix this? Or is this currently being worked on?
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Missing Pervy on February 01, 2012, 01:44:59 AM
There's your problem
Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 01, 2012, 01:50:46 AM
Yeah don't do that, notice that I removed it in the stable release

Thanks, I didn't see that.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

GAH!
freakin wii sabatoging my post >:O
screw it!

@NZM: where'd you get you info??
(if it wasn't from brbx)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.