Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 02:33:56 AM
Maybe I'm being naive, and ignoring the 2d-3d difference, but shouldn't it be similar to the code moving the stage collision editor?

Well you have to take into consideration local or world coordinates, using the matrices to convert between them, and getting the mouse point location in eye coords and converting it world coords... It's probably pretty easy to program though, since that's already done for rotations.

The collision editor just renders planes in world coords; they don't have any matrices.

Quick and serious question about importing.
When I import the model via DAE, the bones in said model will have new ID numbers right?

I guess for who I import them over, I change stuff like haveN and Hip N etc to the number of those characters bones? Or just leave it as is?

Quote from: WTVelocity on February 01, 2012, 09:54:14 PM
I guess now you're directly insulting me? All those talks we had before mean nothing? <_<
heh...
typical that now someone comes out... :P

but yes, you're right...
I guess the past occasion slipped my mind X(
(my memory's worse than having amnesia) D:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 02, 2012, 02:37:15 AM
Well you have to take into consideration local or world coordinates, using the matrices to convert between them, and getting the mouse point location in eye coords and converting it world coords... It's probably pretty easy to program though, since that's already done for rotations.

The collision editor just renders planes in world coords; they don't have any matrices.


Thought it would be easy to take from the rotation coding. By the way, the coding for the stage collision editor is MESSY, at least in comparison to how everything else is programmed. Brawlbox sure has been handed down too many times.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 04:24:06 AM
Thought it would be easy to take from the rotation coding. By the way, the coding for the stage collision editor is MESSY, at least in comparison to how everything else is programmed. Brawlbox sure has been handed down too many times.

But Kryal programmed the collision editor. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 02, 2012, 04:30:14 AM
But Kryal programmed the collision editor. :srs:

Yeah, but it's still a hassle to not have a unified function for updating the collisions.

But your point of blaming BJ96 was far off the mark.

Quote from: Shadic on February 02, 2012, 05:19:39 AM
But your point of blaming BJ96 was far off the mark.

Oh, I didn't mean to blame you BJ. Sorry about that. Have some undo stage collision coding to make up for it?


Does this serve you?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f55giknp1z285dv

Just a stage builder block.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Never came in here before, I never had issues i guess. Amazing work guys, you really have contributed to what Brawl hacking has become. But with the  V.65 of BB i have had many issues with Toon Link. I can not open his Fitmotion, and every time I try to make a resizer for him it all ways crashes. I think the two issues go hand in hand though. So just wondering if you guys have seen this issue.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

I've been trying to use BrawlBox to import models into other games that use v11 MDL0s. Changing the 'version' to '11' makes the model LOOK correct (Even in a hex editor), and it loads fine on Dolphin, but it crashes the Wii itself (stuck at black screen). My shaders match those from the original models and my materials also match. The only thing I see different is that the original models don't have a "NodeMix" and mine does. Both models have a bone structure (Original has 2 bones, mine has 7). What is "NodeMix"?
Also, when I select the model, the original has 2 "nodes" and mine has 18.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 03, 2012, 12:14:48 AM
I've been trying to use BrawlBox to import models into other games that use v11 MDL0s. Changing the 'version' to '11' makes the model LOOK correct (Even in a hex editor), and it loads fine on Dolphin, but it crashes the Wii itself (stuck at black screen). My shaders match those from the original models and my materials also match. The only thing I see different is that the original models don't have a "NodeMix" and mine does. Both models have a bone structure (Original has 2 bones, mine has 7). What is "NodeMix"?
Also, when I select the model, the original has 2 "nodes" and mine has 18.

NodeMix carries the weights. Did you change influences?

Quote from: dpgthirteen on February 02, 2012, 08:22:22 PM
Never came in here before, I never had issues i guess. Amazing work guys, you really have contributed to what Brawl hacking has become. But with the  V.65 of BB i have had many issues with Toon Link. I can not open his Fitmotion, and every time I try to make a resizer for him it all ways crashes. I think the two issues go hand in hand though. So just wondering if you guys have seen this issue.

I'll look at Toon Link's stuff I guess...

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2012, 09:06:32 AM
Does this serve you?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f55giknp1z285dv

Just a stage builder block.

Yeah, thanks.

February 03, 2012, 12:31:13 AM #8728 Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:33:38 AM by Michael Yoshi
Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 03, 2012, 12:20:32 AM
NodeMix carries the weights. Did you change influences?

No, this was a model that I imported using a .DAE file. I haven't tried loading it on Brawl.

Edit: Though when I look at the Influences, it has a lot of influences simply named "Influence". What would cause that?

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 03, 2012, 12:31:13 AM
No, this was a model that I imported using a .DAE file. I haven't tried loading it on Brawl.

I know, now try loading it in Brawl.