Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 21, 2012, 11:07:04 PM
Hey... can somebody send or tell me the name of a file that contains an SCN0 that has a fog entry with an Unknown value that's not 0xE0000000? I think they're keyframe usage flags...

SCN0 uses keyframes for something and also uses some sort of array of RGBA colors linked to lights with Unknown11 as the offset.

Also, SCN0 includes null entries that weren't parsed, but now they are. In order to finish the rebuilder completely though, I need to figure out what uses keyframes and a color array and how, meaning I need a wide variety of SCN0s. :O
I think you're on the right track; Yoshi's Island (brawl) got different flags in the SCN0s where the seasons change! And Battlefield also got different flags. http://www.mediafire.com/?7d03e639bt9xhnb

I you want some more help on SCN0 (or maybe SSE files, if you decide to work on them sometime), just ask away! I got lots of free time this weekend ;)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 22, 2012, 06:58:23 PM
Hey, BJ, what about CLR0? Can we edit those too?
CLR0 was always editable since Brawlbox 6.3 modset 4.2... xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Mr. Black Jax what r ur priorities again right now?
Oh and will you or have you taken a look into the availability of swapping uv's?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on March 22, 2012, 09:37:34 PM
Mr. Black Jax what r ur priorities again right now?
Oh and will you or have you taken a look into the availability of swapping uv's?

i dont think he'll be doing that due to UV data's dont match
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: DSX8™ on March 22, 2012, 05:14:09 AM
i have a couple of V5 SCN0's that i can give ya... even i myself am trying to get those working in brawl, but meh no luck so far from hexing lolz.. only thing i can find is the Version number, frames, and loop point.. well also the lightset, ambient, fog, and camera.. but thats only in the header >_>

I actually already have some v5. :P

Quote from: Sky Grounder on March 22, 2012, 04:40:00 PM
I think you're on the right track; Yoshi's Island (brawl) got different flags in the SCN0s where the seasons change! And Battlefield also got different flags. http://www.mediafire.com/?7d03e639bt9xhnb

I you want some more help on SCN0 (or maybe SSE files, if you decide to work on them sometime), just ask away! I got lots of free time this weekend ;)

Thanks :D
I have the keyframe stuff down now. I almost have the color array stuff down too.
I would explain all my findings, but it'd be pretty long. XD
You'll all see the new stuff in v0.66.

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on March 22, 2012, 09:37:34 PM
Mr. Black Jax what r ur priorities again right now?
Oh and will you or have you taken a look into the availability of swapping uv's?


Finishing SCN0 and coding editors for SHP0 & PAT0.
Once that's done, I'll put up a poll for the last thing I should try to finish before the release.

Swapping UV sets would probably easy to code in...

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 22, 2012, 06:58:23 PM
Hey, BJ, what about CLR0? Can we edit those too?

Yeah, sorta. You can edit them but they don't show up in the previewer.

Hate to be a pest, but did you end up incorporating the tristripper into the rebuilding process? I remember you said it was pretty much done and that's all you need to do.

Just wonderin'. :U

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on March 22, 2012, 10:58:56 PM
Hate to be a pest, but did you end up incorporating the tristripper into the rebuilding process? I remember you said it was pretty much done and that's all you need to do.

Just wonderin'. :U

Almost...
For each error I fix, another one pops up.
And they get more and more difficult to fix each time. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 22, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Almost...
For each error I fix, another one pops up.
And they get more and more difficult to fix each time. :srs:

Ah. Programming whack-a-mole.

.... well good luck with that. :|

Okay, I can officially confirm that fog start points and fog endpoints use keyframes, the fog color uses a really big list of RGBA colors, and the flags specify whether the values are fixed or not (0xE0 being that the start, end and color are fixed).
"Fixed" means that there's only one entry that's set directly where the offset would be.

The colors are set in a really big array that's the size of the frame count, meaning there are a LOT of colors if there are a large amount of frames. For editing these arrays, I'll put in a special keyframe interpolation for them so that you don't have to edit every single one. :srs:
The keyframes will not actually be saved, but the values they create will. I'll finish that before releasing depending on if anyone wants to view and edit SCN0 in the model viewer in v0.66.

All this is parsed, so now I just need to figure out the lights color array and then rebuild all this new stuff. O_o



Hah, just figured out that Unknown12 in Lights are the fixed flags. Same with AmbientLights too, apparently. They all use a fixed flag (which is usually displayed as 128 in BB). :yay:

So, color/distance changing fog?
That will certainly be useful.

FC: 2191-7379-6272


Quote from: AwesomeCasey795 on March 23, 2012, 02:55:23 AM
FIRST TO NOTICE TITLE CHANGE! :D

Wonderful.

Well, it's not out yet, but good job on that, BJ. You coding-oriented people still freak me out with what you can do.


will brawlbox v0.66 include the TriStripper?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.