Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 03, 2012, 12:46:20 AMBit flags aren't really that hard, once you know how they work. (Note - some of these notes may be wrong)            Flags 1            0000 0000 0000 0111 - Unknown 1 (3 )            0000 0000 0011 1000 - EndPoints fixed in order, bits right to left            0000 0000 0100 0000 - Fixed Lighting            0000 0000 1000 0000 - Unknown 2            0000 0111 0000 0000 - StartPoints fixed in order, bits right to left            0011 1000 0000 0000 - Unknown 3 (3)            0100 0000 0000 0000 - Unknown 4            1000 0000 0000 0000 - Unknown            Flags 2            0000 0000 0000 0001 - Do not use Unk6 - 8            0000 0000 0000 0010 - Use Unk10            0000 0000 0000 0100 - Unknown            0000 0000 0000 1000 - Use Unk11 - 12            0000 0000 0001 0000 - Unknown            0000 0000 0010 0000 - Unknown You just have to look for patterns.

What does the model previewer look like? Can you take a picture of The Background of Delfino Plaza in the model previewer?

Quote from: Naruto200Man on April 03, 2012, 05:21:06 PM
Didn't BJ say that PSA editing wasn't going to be in this version...
this im telling that 0.66 is not gonna have anything to lower the psa filesize at all that is for future editions
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Naruto200Man on April 03, 2012, 05:21:06 PM
Didn't BJ say that PSA editing wasn't going to be in this version...
from what the man told me, PSA editing wont be done till a later Brawlbox version since he hasnt done much work on it, and plus its not even re-buildable yet.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Moveset files are the next main focus for Brawlbox after v0.66 is released.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on April 03, 2012, 10:19:45 AM
Damn, too late :srs:

Actually, no, you're not too late.
Do you want to test it?

Hey BlackJax96, I don't know if someone already suggested this but, you should make BrawlBox render textures just like the game does, because if you make a texture transparent, BrawlBox will show the model invisible while it might not be in the actual game, this is helpful for characters that do have transparensy so we can know what is invisible and what is not.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on April 04, 2012, 12:34:26 AM
Hey BlackJax96, I don't know if someone already suggested this but, you should make BrawlBox render textures just like the game does, because if you make a texture transparent, BrawlBox will show the model invisible while it might not be in the actual game, this is helpful for characters that do have transparensy so we can know what is invisible and what is not.

Shaders & material settings aren't rendered yet.
I've been working on getting the models to display as close to as in game as possible, so just wait.

if I was to send you the blender src code for materials, material-nodes, and shaders,
would that help you out a bit??

NOTE: the code is in C++, but it uses OpenGL entirely ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 04, 2012, 01:51:41 AM
if I was to send you the blender src code for materials, material-nodes, and shaders,
would that help you out a bit??

NOTE: the code is in C++, but it uses OpenGL entirely ;)

No, actually... >.>
I just need to code all the functions that load the C++ OpenGL functions into delegates that I can call while still retaining all the OpenGL functions that Kryal has already coded in and used.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 04, 2012, 01:58:25 AMNo, actually... >.> I just need to code all the functions that load the C++ OpenGL functions into delegates that I can call while still retaining all the OpenGL functions that Kryal has already coded in and used.
lol
that's exactly the reason I wanted to send it to you XD

you can't quite reference the OGL functions properly unless you have good knowledge on how to use them.
(what the src is for)

now if only my connection would stop disconnecting on me. >.<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So to be clear...

v.66 will NOT be able to PSA edit?

*Looks at GammaKid*

Start back working on Hulk :/
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Tcll on April 04, 2012, 02:34:22 AM
lol
that's exactly the reason I wanted to send it to you XD

you can't quite reference the OGL functions properly unless you have good knowledge on how to use them.
(what the src is for)

now if only my connection would stop disconnecting on me. >.<

No that's just the thing, I already know how to use all the stuff.
I just need to code it all in and then edit all the references, which will take a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time

you've made your point...
no matter...
I was voted best in... I don't freakin know
anyone get it yet?
lol

anyways...
yeh... just like my revamp of UMC...

here's what you should be able to do:


00 10
bu16('')
>>> 16

bu32(32)
>>> '00 00 00 20'

10 00 20 00 30 00 40 00
u16(['','','',''])
>>> [16,32,48,64]


bu8((16,32,48,64)) #tuple's work in the same manner as lists
>>> '10 20 30 40'

3F A5 07 C0 BD E1 47 AE 41 82 AA FD 3F CC 2E D3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
StructArr(['bf32','bf32'],'0')
>>> [[float,float],[float,float]]
#[0,0] is not returned

3F A5 07 C0 BD E1 47 AE 41 82 AA FD 3F CC 2E D3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
StructArr(['bf32','bf32'],3)
>>> [[float,float],[float,float],[0,0]]
#StructArr(['bu32'],0) returns []

3F A5 07 C0 BD E1 47 AE 41 82 AA FD 3F CC 2E D3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
StructArr(['bf32','bf32'],[0,'*'])
>>> [[float,float],[float,float]]
#[0,0] is not returned
# '*' is a wild call (value can be anything)


StructArr(['bu32','bu16'], [[0,32],[1,64]] )
>>> '00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 01 00 40'
#you'll have to designate the stop-struct or 0-struct to write

"""
current term implamentations: (based on user functions)
'u32' (don't use '32')
'bu16' (don't use 'b16')

future term implamentations: (so far)
'u/4', '/4', or 'u32' - 32bit little unsigned int
'b/5' or 'bu/5' - 5 byte big unsigned int
'f/7' - 7 byte float (IEEE/IBM standard)

'str' -
'str/8' - 8 byte string
'str//2/0' - string-len based on this_struct[2][0]
NOTE: multiple '/' usage is valid only for 'str'.

understand this:
['str', length, index, 2D_index, 3D_index, ... ]
use either the length or the indecies... (Don't use both)
"""



[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 04, 2012, 02:40:52 AM
v.66 will NOT be able to PSA edit?

I hope not. That's what I'm trying to do!

It's getting frustrating to make an animation, only to have it glitch up!
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 04, 2012, 12:29:17 AM
Moveset files are the next main focus for Brawlbox after v0.66 is released.

Actually, no, you're not too late.
Do you want to test it?
Yes.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus