Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I see a poll :-)

I support moveset editor as that is what I'm currently basing my stuff.

Rel are also cool with me even thou I'm not sure what are character rel for :-/...

I suspect rels are needed and Important for character replacing/cloning, is that correct?

i vote .rel for stage hitbox's and stuff! =D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I vote REL for character/game logic and scripting.
if you can get an REL back into a PLF (code in C++),
I will officially serve you cookies for the rest of your life. :happy:

EDIT: lol, tied XD
well, the logic editor would be a nice addition too :)

EDIT2:
all I know about PLF files is,
when the game is actually programmed and you run the src through Nintendo's compiler,
the PLF files are basically "dirty" C++ code that is cleaned and converted to REL modules
along with the main.dol file.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

.rel is a huge part of the game. Quite a lot of the hidden parts of PSAs, articles, stages, etc.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on April 06, 2012, 04:19:17 AM.rel is a huge part of the game. Quite a lot of the hidden parts of PSAs, articles, stages, etc.
I want to look into the fighting system itself. >:D

there's only 1 REL needed for that. >:3
'sora_melee.rel' >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well yes, but they're presumably encrypted the same way.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

You know what I'd like to now? How shadows work and animate. It's kind of a drag down to edit a models bone tree and everything for a custom PSA import, and be forced to use the original models shadow (The sanji PSA using peaches shadow as one example)
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Rockin Pervy on April 06, 2012, 04:41:44 AMYou know what I'd like to now? How shadows work and animate. It's kind of a drag down to edit a models bone tree and everything for a custom PSA import, and be forced to use the original models shadow (The sanji PSA using peaches shadow as one example)
agreed...
Pachi's shadow is... well was horrid XD
(havn't been able to repeat my work (wii continues to freeze))

EDIT: meh...
I still prefer REL overall >_>

btw, the PLF directory:
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\

I've converted 'sora.str' to a txt and got a directory listing for each REL as a PLF in that directory:
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_scene.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_main.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_tour.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_qm.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_edit.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_collect_viewer.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_replay.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_snap_shot.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_event.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_sel_char.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_sel_stage.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_game_over.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_intro.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_friend_list.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_watch.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_name.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_sel_char_access.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_rule.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_simple_ending.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_minigame.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_time_result.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_boot.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_challenger.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_title.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_title_sunset.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_menu_fig_get_demo.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_melee.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_name.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_visual.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_sel_char.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_sel_map.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_difficulty.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_game_over.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_result.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_save_load.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_seal.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_ending.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_telop.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_menu_save_point.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_adv_stage.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\sora_enemy.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_battles.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_battle.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_config.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_final.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dolpic.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_mansion.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_mariopast.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_kart.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_donkey.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_jungle.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_pirates.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_oldin.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_norfair.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_orpheon.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_crayon.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_halberd.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_starfox.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_stadium.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_tengan.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_fzero.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_ice.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_gw.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_emblem.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_madein.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_earth.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_palutena.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_famicom.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_newpork.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_village.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_metalgear.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_greenhill.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_pictchat.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_plankton.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxshrine.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxyorster.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxgarden.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxonett.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxgreens.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxrcruise.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxbigblue.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxcorneria.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxpstadium.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_dxzebes.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_stageedit.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_otrain.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_heal.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_homerun.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_tbreak.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\st_croll.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_mario.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_donkey.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_link.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_samus.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_yoshi.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_kirby.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_fox.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_pikachu.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_luigi.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_captain.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_ness.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_koopa.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_peach.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_zelda.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_iceclimber.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_marth.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_gamewatch.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_falco.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_ganon.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_wario.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_metaknight.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_pit.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_pikmin.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_lucas.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_diddy.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_poke.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_dedede.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_lucario.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_ike.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_robot.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_toonlink.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_snake.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_sonic.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_purin.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_wolf.plf
D:\us_master\bin\RVL\Master\ft_zako.plf

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Because even though both aren't fully decrypted, we still at least have a way of hacking movesets without hex editing, but not RELs. If we do hack into RELs think of all the possibilities!

I voted moveset anyway D:

I voted RSAR, cuz I want support for it (and it probably take less time to add support for compared to the module files).
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

hey BJ...
for PLF exporting, you can use the src from a C++ decompiler :/
(just what actually builds the code)

heh...
I'll catch up to you once I build UGE. XD
(UGE will be able to do much much more than UMC)
^think about it as a game decompiler/emulator ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Defiantly rel files. Those files need to be researched.

(I also need a rel tool for skyward sword's rel files)

Torn between rel and moveset editing.  I went for moveset for the sake of convenience (editing animations and main movesets in Brawlbox alone would just make life a lot easier imo) but I kinda regret not voting for rels since we have no way to edit rels easily

Kinda wish I could move my vote now...

I just realized that when BJ said .rels, he probably meant .rels for "characters and stages," not .rels for "figuring out how to tell the game to add more slots for X."

If that's the case, I want moveset editing. Oh well, I guess it's set in stone.