Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

.rel for sure! That would be the absolute best to understand what's in a .rel file.

voted on .rel files cuz so we can add articles to PSAs or make .rel port for like mario over jiggypuff or edit stages(maybe even hitboxes on them), so i think that is more needed then moveset editing in brawlbox
if it is something like that blackjax96 means in the poll
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Spex130 on April 06, 2012, 04:45:29 PM
Kinda wish I could move my vote now...

I just realized that when BJ said .rels, he probably meant .rels for "characters and stages," not .rels for "figuring out how to tell the game to add more slots for X."

If that's the case, I want moveset editing. Oh well, I guess it's set in stone.
If BlackJax wants to, I can add the option that allows users to change their answer, on the poll.
(For some reason, only mods/admins can do that.)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

In order of hardest to easiest to support, it'd be Rel, Moveset, RSAR. So take that into consideration.

Quote from: Spex130 on April 06, 2012, 04:45:29 PM
Kinda wish I could move my vote now...

I just realized that when BJ said .rels, he probably meant .rels for "characters and stages," not .rels for "figuring out how to tell the game to add more slots for X."

If that's the case, I want moveset editing. Oh well, I guess it's set in stone.

A rel is a rel. Once the format is reversed, they'll all be editable in C++, I believe.

Quote from: Miacis on April 06, 2012, 07:32:11 PM
If BlackJax wants to, I can add the option that allows users to change their answer, on the poll.
(For some reason, only mods/admins can do that.)

Sure, go ahead.

oh BJ... i have a question...

about the VIS0 editing.. y does it start with 0 instead of 1?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on April 06, 2012, 11:17:08 PM
oh BJ... i have a question...

about the VIS0 editing.. y does it start with 0 instead of 1?

Because 0 is #1 for programmers

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)

Quote from: Nico on April 06, 2012, 11:20:55 PM
Because 0 is #1 for programmers

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
ok well that i knew.. but like u have for CHR0, it starts at 1... so y cant u make VIS0 start at 1 also? o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on April 06, 2012, 11:23:34 PM
ok well that i knew.. but like u have for CHR0, it starts at 1... so y cant u make VIS0 start at 1 also? o.o

If you look at the frame count for VIS0 and actually count the entries in a VIS0, the entry count will be 1 more than the actual frame count. That's why it starts on 0.

Quote from: Nico on April 06, 2012, 10:59:30 PMIn order of hardest to easiest to support, it'd be Rel, Moveset, RSAR. So take that into consideration.
I already did =D

I'm here to make programming brbx as hard as possible for you =3

Quote from: Nico on April 06, 2012, 10:59:30 PMA rel is a rel. Once the format is reversed, they'll all be editable in C++, I believe.
or w/e other languages you can decompile PPC into :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nico on April 06, 2012, 10:59:30 PM
In order of hardest to easiest to support, it'd be Rel, Moveset, RSAR. So take that into consideration.
That's exactly why I voted RSAR.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


I approve of your pic >:3

I will download at the price of 3 cookies =3
*holds out 3 cookies*

EDIT: @BJ
LAWL!
I love how everyone wants you to work on the hardest things in order first. XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hi blackjack, hey, how i can add a material or shader to do this:



add the black line over all the model?

Quote from: Nasca Corp on April 07, 2012, 05:20:17 AM
Hi blackjack, hey, how i can add a material or shader to do this:



add the black line over all the model?
ask Rocky Pervy.  He has managed to release an import with cell-shade and outline(http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25631).  I myself have not gotten a chance to look into it but apparently it can be done.

You build it into the model itself. Make a slightly larger version of all the objects, then flip the normals so they're inside out. This is how many Wii games do it, like Okami, TvC and the Naruto games.

It's possible to do in shaders too, just not sure how to implement it in Brawl yet. Generally most people go for modeling the outlines instead.