Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Shun_One on April 10, 2012, 04:54:12 PM
Grr...No matter what model I open, the model previewer crashes. It might be my Os though (Win8 Consumer preview), but previous versions still work fine. It seems only the model preview crashes as soon as I open it. The view area just gives me a big red x.

Looks like I'll have to work with 65c until I figure out what's wrong.
Try re-installing .Net framework, I'm doing it right now to see if it makes the collision viewer work again for me.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: BigOto2 on April 10, 2012, 05:23:20 PM
Is it possible you can review the SRT0 glitch I mentioned? I don't want to be poking attention, but it clearly is a bug that needs fixing. :)

Yeah, I'm looking at it right now.

Quote from: Tcll on April 10, 2012, 05:22:49 PM

actually, I don't particularly like it,
but considering the animation support, I could get used to it :)

it seems to be turning out like my idea for UMC...
(I'd put the LRS in a small corner-popup window to the left)

orly? :O

Quote from: Sky Grounder on April 10, 2012, 05:31:38 PM
Try re-installing .Net framework, I'm doing it right now to see if it makes the collision viewer work again for me.

It might be any static models' fault though, as SOJ mentioned (the collision viewer part)

Oddly enough, I managed to fix it by adding more correct keyframes and saving (at least in BrawlBox). If you cannot reproduce it let me know and I'll send you my BRRES file that has the problem.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on April 10, 2012, 05:31:38 PM
Try re-installing .Net framework, I'm doing it right now to see if it makes the collision viewer work again for me.
I'll give it a shot. Will post back if it works
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

That new model previewer.
Now THAT is swaggin'.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I have a few requests.  I'm not sure how much time this would take to code in so I'd be happy to at least try to do it myself. Three things please.

1) The ability to change the default/Reset Camera value preferably in the settings menu.  Whenever I open a pac to preview a model the model is always zoomed in to what I assume is (0,0).  This means I always have to zoom out and it gets tedious if I'm just trying to preview a bunch of models.  So I would like it left as (0,0) but the ability to change the default myself.

2) A checkbox in the settings menu to "Open the model previewer in maximized mode".  So whenever I preview a model, the window will automatically fill my whole screen in maximized mode.  Again this can be an option in the settings menu in case people don't want to do so.  It will simply help productivity.

3) A new hotkey that toggles all tabs.  I just learned we can toggle tabs with Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key, but can you make it so that you can press, say, Ctrl+D to toggle on/off all the tabs at once?  That would certainly save time for animators who want the biggest screen possible.  They'll be able to quickly toggle all their panels without having to click on each individual one or press the hotkeys for each one.

I hope that's not too much to ask...just a few suggestions I've had.  Keep up the swag  :vyse:

Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 05:32:54 PM
It might be any static models' fault though, as SOJ mentioned (the collision viewer part)
I can confirm it's a problem with reading the Static.mdl0 :(
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


i find the changes in the model viewer unnecesary...
do they apport anything new?
if so, i refrain myself (wrong spelled?)

Quote from: SOJ on April 10, 2012, 06:25:34 PM
I have a few requests.  I'm not sure how much time this would take to code in so I'd be happy to at least try to do it myself. Three things please.

1) The ability to change the default/Reset Camera value preferably in the settings menu.  Whenever I open a pac to preview a model the model is always zoomed in to what I assume is (0,0).  This means I always have to zoom out and it gets tedious if I'm just trying to preview a bunch of models.  So I would like it left as (0,0) but the ability to change the default myself.

2) A checkbox in the settings menu to "Open the model previewer in maximized mode".  So whenever I preview a model, the window will automatically fill my whole screen in maximized mode.  Again this can be an option in the settings menu in case people don't want to do so.  It will simply help productivity.

3) A new hotkey that toggles all tabs.  I just learned we can toggle tabs with Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key, but can you make it so that you can press, say, Ctrl+D to toggle on/off all the tabs at once?  That would certainly save time for animators who want the biggest screen possible.  They'll be able to quickly toggle all their panels without having to click on each individual one or press the hotkeys for each one.

I hope that's not too much to ask...just a few suggestions I've had.  Keep up the swag  :vyse:

K I'll think about it

Quote from: gamma kid on April 10, 2012, 06:54:01 PM
i find the changes in the model viewer unnecesary...
do they apport anything new?
if so, i refrain myself (wrong spelled?)

They were necessary.
That is all.

Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 06:56:13 PM
K I'll think about it

They were necessary.
That is all.

mature isnt ur strong.
that is all.

Quote from: gamma kid on April 10, 2012, 06:57:32 PM
mature isnt ur strong.
that is all.

Sorry for being 15. :P
When I repeat myself multiple times on why I changed the model viewer and people still ask why I did it, I don't feel obligated to answer the question anymore.

could u at least lead me to one of those posts so i can read it?
i mean, u have 647 pages... i hope u arent expecting me to search through at least the last 2 or 3 hundred...

New bug in the previewer: When checking/unchecking polygons/textures and such, it will make the play button play/pause animation.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: gamma kid on April 10, 2012, 07:03:31 PM
could u at least lead me to one of those posts so i can read it?
i mean, u have 647 pages... i hope u arent expecting me to search through at least the last 2 or 3 hundred...



Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 03:37:00 AM
I moved it around for the keyframe viewer which I didn't finish before this release and for the multiple different controls which swap out. I don't know the size of people's screens either so I can't make the controls too long either. I don't really like all the wasted space either but you're gonna just have to freaking deal until I figure out and code a solution.
Quote from: Albafika on April 10, 2012, 04:01:53 AM
He already said he had to make space for the keyframe viewer which he didn't finish for this update.
Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 06:06:38 AM
Look, I'll try to fix up the empty space at the bottom of the viewer. But there still needs to be room for the keyframe viewer eventually. I'll think of some room-conservative way to add it...



Quote from: Sky Grounder on April 10, 2012, 07:08:03 PM
New bug in the previewer: When checking/unchecking polygons/textures and such, it will make the play button play/pause animation.

That's not technically a coding bug, they just use the same hotkey and I can't change the hotkey of the listbox to change the checkstate, I don't think. :/