Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: namq on April 11, 2012, 03:32:34 AM
Brawlbox .63d Modset 4.2 lets me use the "Open with" when right clicking to open files without the need of opening a new window of brawlbox.

But since .63d it doesn't work for me, anyone around to help me with this silly thing?

also BB Modset has a brawlbox icon and the other has an ".exe" plain icon.

would like this to be added to the future builds

That would be the file associations.
Go to Settings in the main Brawlbox window and set which files you want to associate with that version.

And somehow the Brawlbox image stopped working or something and idk where the icon is... I'll try to find it.

Btw, I can get v0.66b out tonight. Don't know if I'll be able to figure out that SRT0 scientific notation thing though.

Quote from: Nico on April 11, 2012, 03:37:46 AM
That would be the file associations.
Go to Settings in the main Brawlbox window and set which files you want to associate with that version.

And somehow the Brawlbox image stopped working or something and idk where the icon is... I'll try to find it.

Btw, I can get v0.66b out tonight. Don't know if I'll be able to figure out that SRT0 scientific notation thing though.

So this is how to do it O.O

I think I did this once since BB .63 mod had all enabled O.O

THX!!!

@BB.66b tonight:

>>>>>>>>> /jump with joy
>>>>>>>>> /dance

Animation porting does not work anymore. I get an error after choosing the first model. Also, isn't .mot a type of animation file? That isn't supported.

Looks my error was the OpenGL thing as well. Guess I'll just wait for the update.

Also, if the icon is returned, I will do a happy dance. I like looking at that icon. After BB63d (I think), it sort of vanished on me. I wondered what happened to it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

So I coded in all the stuffz that SOJ requested (because it was easy to do) and I even got the settings to save in a file called "brawlbox.settings" (as a hex file :af:)

I'll upload the next revision of Brawlbox tomorrow... my net turns of in 10 minutes. :/
There's some bugs I still want to fix and I still need to find that icon.

Looking forward to it. Thanks for all your hard work on this stuff.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: SOJ on April 10, 2012, 06:25:34 PM
I have a few requests.  I'm not sure how much time this would take to code in so I'd be happy to at least try to do it myself. Three things please.

1) The ability to change the default/Reset Camera value preferably in the settings menu.  Whenever I open a pac to preview a model the model is always zoomed in to what I assume is (0,0).  This means I always have to zoom out and it gets tedious if I'm just trying to preview a bunch of models.  So I would like it left as (0,0) but the ability to change the default myself.

2) A checkbox in the settings menu to "Open the model previewer in maximized mode".  So whenever I preview a model, the window will automatically fill my whole screen in maximized mode.  Again this can be an option in the settings menu in case people don't want to do so.  It will simply help productivity.

3) A new hotkey that toggles all tabs.  I just learned we can toggle tabs with Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key, but can you make it so that you can press, say, Ctrl+D to toggle on/off all the tabs at once?  That would certainly save time for animators who want the biggest screen possible.  They'll be able to quickly toggle all their panels without having to click on each individual one or press the hotkeys for each one.

I agree with every recommendation wholeheartedly.

Omg that's so awesome! Thanks BJ, you're the best.  Looking forward to the release.

may I request a fullscreen mode for the viewer =D
(not maximized)

also... the file icon for brbx is the default (app with no icon) icon for me...
(your brbx has always been like that for me)
^unless you just got the option working to have it stop working :/

anyways, due to recent fuel of fire >:3
I'm going to be looking for a way to convert raw assembly into C++
(since apparently you can't decompile every exe for some odd reason)

this'll actually do better for UGE as well
just pass raw assembly to the module for your preferred src code. =D
(you can build an exe in any language, so you should be able to unbuild it as well)
^I can decompile brbx into VB src :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well, I seldom pop in here but I'd like to say great job with the new Brawlbox BlackJax!  You know, it seems to me that with each version of Brawlbox there seems to be a new audience that it appeals to most. 

- 0.63d made animators lives 1000 times easier
- 0.64 (particularly Toomai's versions) allowed us greater precision when making movesets as we could see the hitboxes and perfectly map them to the bones we needed
- 0.65 bought as the ultimate wonders of model importing.  I don't think I need to go too indepth about the amazing possibilities thanks to model importing
- And now 0.66 allows for us to properly control all animation files.  Being able to properly control expressions and morphing for all the characters is really a god send.  It's particularly great for characters like Sonic and Toon Link and being able to actually see their expressions as they would happen ingame rather than a mess of polygons/textures is very nice.

I was messing about with PAT0, SRT0 and VIS0 editing yesterday and I was amazed at how easy it was and as a result I was able to make something really productive out of it.  You really did an excellent job at making the interface accessible and easy to ease into.

Now I'll admit, as an animator that's been using Brawlbox for almost 2 years now it was at first jarring to see the new interface and I still haven't quite adjusted to some of it (namely the fact that the bones are on the right rather than the left) but honestly I don't know what the issue is apart from that.  If someone can't get used to an interface change and that change is preventing them from enjoying all the good things that came with this new version of Brawlbox then that's completely their fault and not yours BJ.

So overall, two big thumbs up from me.  I can't wait to see what you have instore for the next major Brawlbox in (probably) a few months time!

:happy:

sorry Sdoom, I can't read your text...
(had to turn my brightness down to respect my bro while he sleeps)
^your text doesn't even show...

on another note, here's a bit of a let-down:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=534625

but that ain't stopping me from learning >:3
and Microsoft can kiss my butt, because I'm sure they're doing just that. XDD
(I'll be sure to put reference to that in my src for my decompiler)
^that way they can't sue me when I call them selfish [censord]. :laugh:

EDIT:
oh btw, I havn't made my vote yet...
which one could I select for "interesting" or "intriguing"??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm one day out and the new brawlbox comes... Hell...

Well, gonna test it when I have a minute ^^U xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 11, 2012, 10:20:48 AM
I'm one day out and the new brawlbox comes... Hell...

Well, gonna test it when I have a minute ^^U xD
better late than never, right? :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 11, 2012, 10:20:48 AM
I'm one day out and the new brawlbox comes... Hell...

Well, gonna test it when I have a minute ^^U xD

Amigo!  Long time ^^. If you are going to test it can you try helpin BJ with this if you have the time ^^

*incase you lost this I quoted it*

Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 04:54:35 AM
Well I have 1 small request now.
Somebody make a dynamic stage with tons of dynamic animations and dynamicness!
Make:
Shapeshifting hills! (SHP0)
Moving platforms! (CHR0)
Meteors and moving water! (SRT0)
Flashing signs! (PAT0)
Buildings that dis/appear for no reason! (VIS0)
Something that changes colors for no sudden reason! (CLR0)

Mewtwo2000: as a fan of your stages (I only use your stages cause they are brilliant). If you do something with all that I an many including BJ will be much appreciated :-D

@BJ: hyped for BB0.66b  :happy:

I just woke up and stuff so yeah.
Gotta stomp on dem bugz nao.

Quote from: Tcll on April 11, 2012, 10:01:59 AM
sorry Sdoom, I can't read your text...
(had to turn my brightness down to respect my bro while he sleeps)
^your text doesn't even show...

on another note, here's a bit of a let-down:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=534625

but that ain't stopping me from learning >:3
and Microsoft can kiss my butt, because I'm sure they're doing just that. XDD
(I'll be sure to put reference to that in my src for my decompiler)
^that way they can't sue me when I call them selfish [censord]. :laugh:

EDIT:
oh btw, I havn't made my vote yet...
which one could I select for "interesting" or "intriguing"??

I saw some guy's sig on that place and I lol'd:

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't!"

XD

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 11, 2012, 09:48:21 AM
Well, I seldom pop in here but I'd like to say great job with the new Brawlbox BlackJax!  You know, it seems to me that with each version of Brawlbox there seems to be a new audience that it appeals to most. 

- 0.63d made animators lives 1000 times easier
- 0.64 (particularly Toomai's versions) allowed us greater precision when making movesets as we could see the hitboxes and perfectly map them to the bones we needed
- 0.65 bought as the ultimate wonders of model importing.  I don't think I need to go too indepth about the amazing possibilities thanks to model importing
- And now 0.66 allows for us to properly control all animation files.  Being able to properly control expressions and morphing for all the characters is really a god send.  It's particularly great for characters like Sonic and Toon Link and being able to actually see their expressions as they would happen ingame rather than a mess of polygons/textures is very nice.

I was messing about with PAT0, SRT0 and VIS0 editing yesterday and I was amazed at how easy it was and as a result I was able to make something really productive out of it.  You really did an excellent job at making the interface accessible and easy to ease into.

Now I'll admit, as an animator that's been using Brawlbox for almost 2 years now it was at first jarring to see the new interface and I still haven't quite adjusted to some of it (namely the fact that the bones are on the right rather than the left) but honestly I don't know what the issue is apart from that.  If someone can't get used to an interface change and that change is preventing them from enjoying all the good things that came with this new version of Brawlbox then that's completely their fault and not yours BJ.

So overall, two big thumbs up from me.  I can't wait to see what you have instore for the next major Brawlbox in (probably) a few months time!

:happy:

I'm glad you like it! :happy:

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 11, 2012, 10:20:48 AM
I'm one day out and the new brawlbox comes... Hell...

Well, gonna test it when I have a minute ^^U xD

lol