Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

*harasses BlackJax to finish Tristripper*

>.>
<.<
*vanishes*

*harasses BlackJax to finish Tristripper Also*

>.<
<.>


*disappears*
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

I mostly can't wait for the PAC rebuilder, to see how much file space we can save. My Tabuu is in desperate need of rebuilding, I'm about to reach the filesize limit, and I want to replace a graphic in his effects file anyway.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 22, 2012, 12:15:57 AM
I mostly can't wait for the PAC rebuilder, to see how much file space we can save. My Tabuu is in desperate need of rebuilding, I'm about to reach the filesize limit, and I want to replace a graphic in his effects file anyway.
well from wat he told me... PSA's made with that PSA maker.. Smash Attack or w/e its called... it adds alot of extra data into the .pac file.. and thats wat increases the filesize, and also there's no way to fix that if u use the next BB version, so PSA's would have to be remade and such to lower the filesize.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Dr. DSX8 on May 22, 2012, 12:47:19 AMalso there's no way to fix that if u use the next BB version, so PSA's would have to be remade and such to lower the filesize.

lol, no

So it rebuilds them itself? O.o *Straining not to tell him to finish it* I can wait.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE


May 22, 2012, 01:15:52 AM #10387 Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:46:54 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
So, BJ, this new BB's rebuilder would remove all that extra junk data?

Now it's MY turn to get hyped. :D

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 22, 2012, 01:15:52 AM
So, BJ, this new BB's rebuilder would remove all that extra junk data?

Now it's MY turn to get hyped. :D

lol yes

Quote from: SmashClash on May 22, 2012, 01:11:46 AM
What's with these contradictions? :P

Even this sentence contradicts itself.

Not sure if I did this right...
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

I got hold of this newest BrawlBox today, and I'm pretty impressed that it supports MDL0s from Mario Kart Wii, Mario Sports Mix, and Mario Party 9.  However, even though it can open decompressed ARC container files, I can't view any of New Super Mario Bros. Wii's contents without extracting the BRRES archives.

Regardless, it's a nice improvement over having to rely on the BRRES Viewer to see non-Brawl MDL0s.

This is so exciting  :)! BlackJax, you are amazing.

I'm wondering though, will this be able to visualize hitboxes that have been stretched using flags?
My Brawl Tools Library

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34011.0

Tools:

PSA Assistant

Quote from: Higure Hokousha on May 22, 2012, 01:57:12 PM
This is so exciting  :)! BlackJax, you are amazing.

I'm wondering though, will this be able to visualize hitboxes that have been stretched using flags?

Ohh yeah, special off. Coll.  have some flags that makes hitbox(bubbles) into tubes that stretches depending on the bone it is attached and stuff like that.

If it will also show them, imma use more of the special flags to make my project even more different.

EDIT:

A hitbox being a circle is funny since it's:

hit[bang!]
+
box [square?]

making the tubes is amazing, as hurtboxes are tubes.

:WAIT!:  Hurtboxes are tubes... this seems to make me feel that yes, BJ could make this possible, as it is featured in the hurtboxes, so making the strechy tube with the spec. off. coll. flags is a possibility, and since........ he said every question/request is ------> yes  :srs:

It stretches from the selected bone to a relative coordinate location (the hitbox offset),  but can't extend between bones or such (unfortunately), to be precise.

That aside, I hope BlackJax integrates the functionality-it's one of the cooler flag features, and could be very useful for PSAs.
My Brawl Tools Library

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34011.0

Tools:

PSA Assistant

May 22, 2012, 03:16:32 PM #10394 Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:17:34 PM by SomeKindOfMetroid
Quote from: namq on May 22, 2012, 02:10:07 PM
A hitbox being a circle is funny since it's:

hit[bang!]
+
box [square?]

Hitboxes aren't tubes or circles, they're blobs. Or maybe a series of circles, if you want to think about them that way. In a normal 3D game they'd be three-dimensional blobs. The term hitbox, if you couldn't figure this out, comes form the days when hitboxes were boxes. Ever seen a Smash 64 hitbox (or hurtbox, for that matter)? They're literally boxes.

Nowadays game engine technology obviously allows for much more precise collisions, thus, hitbubbles. Hitbubbles just doesn't sound as good as hitboxes.

Can you imagine playing Melee or Brawl with only square hitboxes? It would be awful.