Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: namq on June 09, 2012, 02:58:01 AM
Yoshi's article floating points

I know you said something about being able to edit these floating point like we do with attributes, but will it be available to us in the next version of brawlbox?

I so need to do this, and I can't seem to make yoshi not get momentum while he is doing the up b, and HxD isn't helping, now yoshi cannot fall when he jumps and floats 4ever.

Kryal, long time since I see you around the modding community, how has it been?

Does this answer your question?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have yet to make customizable txt files for naming the parameter nodes and their values though.

Very nice!

Finding the floating points without the parameter names will be no problem as fresh/original file will have default floatings which will help us know what parameter is the floating point we seeking.  But yeah that def answers my question ^,^

Edit:

What I like more about your post is that you chose Yoshi as your preview example :-)

I'm just curious here, but does fighter.pac control anything?
I don't mean Xcharacter.pac I mean the one named "fighter"

I bet if you look into that file you'd find some of those missing variables, maybe even be able to change some good stuffs.

Quote from: MaxedOut on June 09, 2012, 05:03:04 AM
I'm just curious here, but does fighter.pac control anything?
I don't mean Xcharacter.pac I mean the one named "fighter"

I bet if you look into that file you'd find some of those missing variables, maybe even be able to change some good stuffs.

lol you have no idea.

What BJ said

Fighter.pac is the main file, it has wverything that controls the characters.  Atm is not possible to edit it just like "hey lets edit it"

The only way to edit it is to inject the commands using codes named ASM fighter.pac injection codes.

The Fighter.pac contains metal texture, invisibility texture animation, a common AI file and a file I'm a bit unsure about (something about items).
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: namq on June 09, 2012, 12:02:47 PMWhat BJ said Fighter.pac is the main file, it has wverything that controls the characters.  Atm is not possible to edit it just like "hey lets edit it" The only way to edit it is to inject the commands using codes named ASM fighter.pac injection codes.
Will that be editable in the next Brawlbox BlackJax96? This my not be the best thread to ask, but what exactly do the article floating points do? I haven't looked into that much because it requires hexing, which it can be very easy to accidently press "Delete" and screw up the entire file. XP So I try to avoid having to do hex. I've heard that you can make them last longer, go higher or lower, but theres more that they do isn't there?
Is how long Fludd appears one of the things those floating points control, because that could help for my Super Mario Sunshine PSA that I'm thinking about doing, and making the Wing Cap timed would be awesome! :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

June 09, 2012, 05:20:35 PM #10672 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:22:01 PM by Mr. Anonymous
^ floating points control things like velocity, recharge times, angles, etc. I recomend you look at dantarion's page for this.

EDIT: there is a floating point for how long flood stays out.

Quote from: namq on June 09, 2012, 12:02:47 PM
What BJ said

Fighter.pac is the main file, it has wverything that controls the characters.  Atm is not possible to edit it just like "hey lets edit it"

The only way to edit it is to inject the commands using codes named ASM fighter.pac injection codes.

They were saying that about Character.pac before PSA came out too :/
Just saying, if it is impossible to(fully) crack .rel files than the main fighter.pac might be a key to shedding some light on it. Since it effects all characters and not just one.

Fighter.pac is viewable and editable with v0.67...
Just not savable.
Yet.

No REL required

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 09, 2012, 06:19:57 PM
Fighter.pac is viewable and editable with v0.67...
Just not savable.
Yet.

No REL required
o.o

Oh...another question...is the data of the glides given to Pit, Meta Knight, and Charizard in their .pac files or their .rel files? I know projectiles use .rel and .pac, but what about glides?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 09, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
o.o

Oh...another question...is the data of the glides given to Pit, Meta Knight, and Charizard in their .pac files or their .rel files? I know projectiles use .rel and .pac, but what about glides?

There's some glide parameters but I don't know if you can add it by just adding the node or not.


Currently I'm implementing a new syntax command:
\enum(value, paramID)

There'll be a large txt file for custom enums for events.
It works like the airground and collision text files.

I also started to support all the extra parameter attributes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


First string is the original name of the param node.
Second string is the new name.
Then it's just like the attributes text file for that param until the double enter which starts the next param node.
I'm gonna need someone/some people to help me fill it out with all the known params at some point. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 09, 2012, 06:46:08 PM
There's some glide parameters but I don't know if you can add it by just adding the node or not.


Currently I'm implementing a new syntax command:
\enum(value, paramID)

There'll be a large txt file for custom enums for events.
It works like the airground and collision text files.

I also started to support all the extra parameter attributes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


First string is the original name of the param node.
Second string is the new name.
Then it's just like the attributes text file for that param until the double enter which starts the next param node.
I'm gonna need someone/some people to help me fill it out with all the known params at some point. :srs:
I'd help fill the txts if you want.
so brawlbox will no longer be standalone?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

June 09, 2012, 07:10:07 PM #10678 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:13:05 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: Mr. Anonymous on June 09, 2012, 05:20:35 PM^ floating points control things like velocity, recharge times, angles, etc. I recomend you look at dantarion's page for this. EDIT: there is a floating point for how long flood stays out.
Wait didn't someone already make a program to edit these floating points?
EDIT: Yes there is! :happy: Hey BlackJax96 will BrawlBox v0.67 edit more floating points than Article Floating Point Editor on the vault?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on June 09, 2012, 07:10:07 PM
Wait didn't someone already make a program to edit these floating points?
EDIT: Yes there is! :happy: Hey BlackJax96 will BrawlBox v0.67 edit more floating points than Article Floating Point Editor on the vault?
There is? Would you kindly PM me the link to it?
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE