Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with Blender  (Read 2048 times)
DjKlzonez
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

So, i just imported Olimar's .dae model into blender, using Collada 1.4, but when i expected to see a model, i got this:

A model that resembles a ''fighting polygon'' from the first smash, what do i have to do to make him look like Olimar? Or what did i do to make him look like ... that?

Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

I've never used Blender. However I hear it has so many problems that it isn't work even wasting your time vertexing with it. Due to this, I have no idea what caused it to look like that...but that is epic. If you could export that out and it actually accept that as Olimar's model it would be awesome.

DjKlzonez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 01:15:50 PM »

Well, what program do you recommend me?

I've heard about 3ds Max, but it seems that the 2011 version isn't useful for hacking and i can't find 3DS Max 8 anywhere.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

Well, what program do you recommend me?

I've heard about 3ds Max, but it seems that the 2011 version isn't useful for hacking and i can't find 3DS Max 8 anywhere.

I can't seem to find a trial of 8 either. I saw a few links to 9 though,  which I use and it does fine. You might have to improvise if you can't find either.
    Anim8ter also works well, but you have to have a specific version of VertexBox in order for it to read the 3ds files that you create. You also would be limited to the old vertexing method though.

DjKlzonez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »

So what are the differences between those methods?

And , do i have to use Das Donkey Box 2.0 or Das Donkey Vertex Box 1.0?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »

"The old vertex method" allows you to blindly move vertices (intersecting points) as wanted. However it opens the vertex in what ever fashion it was packed, meaning that any time you edit arms/legs, they are stacked onto of eachother, so it's nearly impossible to do anything.

"the new method" is 3dsmax only. It allows you to open the .dae which shows the entire model. There are several different methods of varying difficulty and time consumption branching from this.

Someone in another thread claimed this was the Vertexbox Version that is compatible with anim8tor. Check and see
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zm342jjzzmv

DjKlzonez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »

Recently tried the old method, and all i have to say is: "SCREW THAT I'M USING THE NEW METHOD!"

Seriously, how could someone work that way?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »

Recently tried the old method, and all i have to say is: "SCREW THAT I'M USING THE NEW METHOD!"

Seriously, how could someone work that way?

Through a lot of trial/error and visualizing the model piece as you move vertices. But for character's like Charizard who have their head up their ass literally, it's impossible to edit them with that method. Charizard 's head is somewhere around the area of his knees, any vertice you attempt to edit on it pulls parts from his legs and feet along with it.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: