Xetan2's Project Page: Kid Krillin abandoned, secret project announced!

Started by xetan2, January 06, 2011, 07:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Welcome to Xetan2's projects page, I have recently decided I wanted to come back to the brawl modding scene.  I've been gone for a while, and I'm not well known for anyone to have even cared that I was gone, because the one and only project I started I didn't even finish, and I was brand new to it all.  I have officially decided I'm giving up on Kid Krillin, I *may* return to him someday if I get better at all this, but for now I'm starting a brand new project, and for now, I will keep that in the dark.  I am offering anyone who wants to continue Krillin where I left off to take him and do as you please, just contact me if you decide you want him.

Renji Abarai!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Kid Krillin project page
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Update: 12/14: Krillin has been ported to Mario.  All animations included, with a couple extras added.
Update 12/15: Started working on a PSA haven't tested it in game yet, so I don't know if I even did it right, I'm still learning the basics.  Starting tomorrow, Friday, 12/17/2010, I'm getting together with a buddy of mine who is very interested in my project Krillin! and wants to help animate seeing that I'm not very good with it.  Every time I try to animate I ALWAYS get some sort of polygon stretching issues...  So he's going to help me out :)
Update 12/16:   Hexed a lot more animations from the other game, working on making a video to post.
Update 12/27:  I have hexed even more animations out of DBROKP, and A lot of them are duplicates and whatever else, so I think I'm going to stop hexing out animations unless I find one in videos that I really want to use.  Starting later tonight I'm going to be working on custom animations with my buddy, so there should be a nice update coming tomorrow.  Ok so, I found out that the videos made on the actual game are not videos themselves, but coding to recreate the fight, so I don't know how I'm going to go about making a video without it being a crappy video camera to the tv video....
Update 1/4/2011:I made the alternate costumes for krillin, added in a couple more animations that I found, and downloaded a new brawlbox which makes custom animations easier to do and I've been working on a few of them.
Update 1/6/2011: Finally made my first custom animation that I'm not completely ashamed of!  Kangaroogreen fixed up almost all of the glitches found in Krillin as well! :D  Will post new pictures of glitch free costumes, and post the new animation I made for Destructo disc :)  Once I complete a few more custom animations I will release a beta of him for people to test him out on.  After that I will finish making some custom animations and start on a PSA but if anyone else is interested in doing Krillin's PSA that'd be amazing, being that I'm finally actually getting places with this character.
Update 1/14/2011:  I'm having a hard time right now updating Krillin being I'm working solo on it, and I'm running low on ideas and how to incorporate them, so I thought of a new idea, for now I'm going to take a small (Week or 2 break) on Krillin and release A BETA that's right, a very early BETA of Krillin is released now.  I want any and ALL feedback for him.  I am still gladly looking for team members, if I can get some people to add to my one man team, I would EASILY come back and work on him more, but for now I need a break.  So here he is.
Update 1/25/2011: I wasn't given any of the feedback I wanted, I got one person to give me feedback, which was greatly appreciated, and I will incorporate it into Krillin.  If anyone else would like to test Krillin out and give me feedback, I will PM you thelink but that's it, Krillin is no longer available to the public anymore.


Moveset Ideas

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Things I need done!

The textures for Krillin show up funny in game, and has the same graphical glitches that Goku had.   FIXED by Kangaroogreen :D Still turns black when hit though...

I need to either attempt to make or find someone who is willing to make custom animations for the animations I wasn't able to rip from the game.

Remove the power pole from certain animations.

Special Thanks to
KangarooGreen - Glitch fixing!!! :D :D Thanks again man!
Wacka Alpaca - For his amazing MDL0 and hexing Import tutorial
scorcher9910 - Helping me figure out how to add the textures.
Ronaldmcdonald - Helping me figure out how to add the textures.

Your new to Brawl hacking and the first thing you do is start a model import project? Wow. lol

Well, good luck with this. I would help but this aint my forté.

Well, I figured out I learn pretty quickly, the only thing I will have true problems with is PSA work.  I have been working on this project for quite some time as seen by the update section in my posts.  I've learned the essentials for animation and have made a few custom animations myself.  They're probably not the smoothest of animations, but I feel that if people see how much work I'm actually putting into this they might be willing to give me a hand and maybe help smooth some of the animations out and work with me on this project.

This is good to see!  It's nice to see someone with a bit of ambition and originality for once (note like loads of other people for there first hack who just do some bad retexture of something that's already in the vault).

Krillin is one of my favourite DBZ characters as well, so I wish you the best of luck with this :)


Quote from: fighter20brawler10 on January 06, 2011, 07:10:05 PM
Wow a Krillin PSA =) who will he be over?

QuoteUpdate: 12/14: Krillin has been ported to Mario.  All animations included, with a couple extras added.

This answer your question?

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on January 06, 2011, 06:04:59 PM
This is good to see!  It's nice to see someone with a bit of ambition and originality for once (note like loads of other people for there first hack who just do some bad retexture of something that's already in the vault).

Krillin is one of my favourite DBZ characters as well, so I wish you the best of luck with this :)
Thank you, I really appreciate the support!  I thought about doing the whole retexture someone as my first project, but I decided I didn't want to waste my time on something that won't really contribute much to brawl.  I wanted a brand new original character to brawl.  Seeing that the Kid Goku project had already been started, but has since died (At least I haven't seen any progress)  I wanted Krilllin, whom is also my favorite character from the db/z/gt series.

Being such a Krillin fan, you are more than welcome to help with PSA and custom animations if you'd like :P :) haha


Quote from: fighter20brawler10 on January 06, 2011, 07:10:05 PM
Wow a Krillin PSA =) who will he be over?

Yes Krillin is in the works :)  Also just to clarify, yes, he will be over mario.


Oh kool he's over mario. It's too bad that other guy didn't finish his Goku

Depending how this project turns out, and how popular it is, I might take up and make my own version of Kid Goku.  I'm not sure though, I have other ideas for future hacks to make.  I should have a small update sometime today to go along with Krillin.

Kid Goku AND Krillin?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Well that update I planned to release today will not be released, I'm having difficulties with it.  So I'm going to put the surprise on hold and continue working on the actual character Krillin, and release his surprise later.

Yes, Kid Goku AND Krillin.  Krillin first though, to maybe try to spark up the old Kid Goku project to be continued, that'd be awesome.


Alright, downloading. ^_^
I'll edit this post with feedback.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Fliptocat on January 15, 2011, 12:36:56 AM
Alright, downloading. ^_^
I'll edit this post with feedback.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Thank you for your feedback, I knew I forgot to try and fix something before releasing the beta, I wanted to figure out the ledge thing, his animation shows him grabbing onto the ledge way too high and it freezes at times, I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The feedback is greatly appreciated though.  I will take this all into account.  The powerpole is not supposed to be there at all, those moves I forgot to remove when I was testing out Mastaklo's Kid Goku animations with Krillin see how compatible they were (Back when I was first just experimenting)  Anything to do with the Powerpole will be removed in the final product.

Come on, I've had 22 downloads of Krillin, and only 1 person post feedback so far... :(  I want to improve him and give brawl a good character, but I can't without feedback