Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on September 13, 2012, 10:27:04 PM
false report

he did make some modifications and he gave proper credit this time
i think u only need permissions when the creators asks for them

If what u are saying is true than we wouldnt be brawl hacking...

Then..why did one of my buddies have done the same thing, and he got blocked from submitting things to the Vault, but not that guy? My pal left the Forums because of that...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

idk
but that guys hack is not identical to black boo's
from what i understand
he modified it,
the only problem was that he was not giving proper credit at the beginning

Quote from: Kienamaru on September 13, 2012, 10:25:31 PM
He's probably just fearing the Wrath of Mod. Doesn't want his rights removed on his work. It's always possible for someone to use the same sources. Although in this case it's completely clear where the credit is due.

It's a slight modification of Black Boo's old Saria vertex. It was deleted because he refused to give the proper credit. On top of that he lied about where he got the model from. No need make the Vailt Mods into bad guys for doing their job.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Look, I apologize for the report, it was my mistake. When I arrived here for the 1st time, I was told to NOT use other people's work at all in the Vault, so that speech I got stayed in my mind ever since I registered... Again, I apologize if I was wrong...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Chill the [censored] out.

Quote from: Kienamaru on September 13, 2012, 10:25:31 PM
He's probably just fearing the Wrath of Mod. Doesn't want his rights removed on his work.
Save it. Let's not go there again when it's obvious who's at fault.

The rules dictate anyone can use anyone's work so long as credit is given. And the submitter of the work you are using can decide whether to collaborate/credit him for his work, if used.

OmegaS3 submitted over 10 faulty hacks lacking Credit, which started with him strictly refusing the use of someone else's work for his, which ended in continuous submission of him being deleted by the Staff: For lying about how he got X model and what texture he used as a base, when the proof is standing there.

Quote from: ExorcistRain on September 13, 2012, 08:55:55 PM
This is stolen from this.
Thanks, Rain. I'll have the first link checked. :)

Quote from: ExorcistRain on September 13, 2012, 08:55:55 PM
This is stolen from this.
Actually, I had just checked that, and it's different from the file I had made for Averruncus.

My file had only edited the D-Air's hitboxes. I had set the trajectory for all 4 of them to be 10E in PSA, which is directly angled downwards. OmegaS3's keeps the normal 10E and 118 trajectory hitboxes Marth normally has and changed the other two non-spiking hitboxes to also use the 118 trajectory - which is angled a bit to the left or right, as opposed to straight down.

Also, each move's hitlag was changed. Every hitbox on every attack uses the tip's amount of hitlag, eg. Jab1/Attack11's tip's hitlag was x1.25, and all of its hitboxes were changed to have x1.25 hitlag. F-Smash/AttackS4S's tip has x1.5 hitlag, so its other four hitboxes were changed to also have x1.5 hitlag, etc.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Thany on September 14, 2012, 01:14:36 AM
Actually, I had just checked that, and it's different from the file I had made for Averruncus.

My file had only edited the D-Air's hitboxes. I had set the trajectory for all 4 of them to be 10E in PSA, which is directly angled downwards. OmegaS3's keeps the normal 10E and 118 trajectory hitboxes Marth normally has and changed the other two non-spiking hitboxes to also use the 118 trajectory - which is angled a bit to the left or right, as opposed to straight down.

Also, each move's hitlag was changed. Every hitbox on every attack uses the tip's amount of hitlag, eg. Jab1/Attack11's tip's hitlag was x1.25, and all of its hitboxes were changed to have x1.25 hitlag. F-Smash/AttackS4S's tip has x1.5 hitlag, so its other four hitboxes were changed to also have x1.5 hitlag, etc.

i don't even
I'll take that as a 'no, it's not the same', lol.
Thanks Thany, and sorry for jumping to conclusions. :/

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on September 14, 2012, 01:24:06 AM
i don't even
I'll take that as a 'no, it's not the same', lol.
Thanks Thany, and sorry for jumping to conclusions. :/
It's fine, I'm sure both me and Thany thought he stole it on a first glance.

please tell me there are already solid rules about what stealing is and what not, cuz again im reading opinions stated as facts...

Quote from: jokekid on September 14, 2012, 11:13:51 AM
please tell me there are already solid rules about what stealing is and what not, cuz again im reading opinions stated as facts...
Stealing: Claiming a work as his own and refusing to admit someone else's work was used as a base EVE with proof on his nose.

OmegaS3 did this with way more than 10 hacks. Not sure what opinions are you reading, did you take your time to read before posting?

Quote from: jokekid on September 14, 2012, 11:13:51 AMim reading opinions stated as facts...
Uh, no? Perhaps you should re-read the whole topic?

It's been known that he's been stealing hacks all over just like Alba said. If you don't know the whole story, don't say it's opinions instead of facts.

tbh i forgot why i posted that...
weird stuff happens sometimes and i apologize

September 14, 2012, 02:10:42 PM #4752 Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:49:14 PM by Thany
While we're on the topic of theft, Tomoking strikes yet again. This is the 3rd time since August 18th, and at least the 5th or 6th incident that I can recall where he's stolen something. Reports and deleting his thefts aren't going to stop him, his submission rights need to take a hike.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28815

Pik's models again from here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25539

The PSA once again and this time all 6 of the Melee-ified recolours of Piks' old YoungLink from this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21634

There's an extra moveset.pac and Fitmotion in the download, but it's just vBrawl Link's moveset and animation file.

EDIT: It appears as though someone's taken care of it.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah, I got rid of it, and the other ones he did.  He ignored the reports on the older ones so I figured he'd ignore the reports on the new one.  Some people just don't learn.

I'll be sure to bring up the option of removing his submission rights with the other Vault staff members.

has anyone thought about what i said about fully solid rules, with numbers included?
like, if someone ignores X reports he gets his submission rights removed...