Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Just reporting this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


In case the guy is having fun reporting hacks from other users.

Quote from: cx_asuka on October 01, 2012, 03:37:54 AM
Just reporting this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


In case the guy is having fun reporting hacks from other users.
Hmmm... yeah it's invalid. :/
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Vyse on September 30, 2012, 08:09:31 PM
Abuse: We already had/have people pumping their download counts. This would just invite more of the same.


What exactly would count as pumping my own download count? I usually download my own stuff every time I add a major update to it.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: Kienamaru on October 02, 2012, 01:00:59 AM
What exactly would count as pumping my own download count? I usually download my own stuff every time I add a major update to it.
Eh, you're fine. The Download Count doesn't increases when the creator DLs his/her hack, as far as I know. I've tested this.

Quote from: Albafika on October 02, 2012, 01:08:25 AM
Eh, you're fine. The Download Count doesn't increases when the creator DLs his/her hack, as far as I know. I've tested this.
I think the creator can download it once, then from there, it doesn't work.
At least, for me that's what it does.
Not that my opinion matters much.. But, meh. :/

Ah sweet then. Well, i may be late but from what I saw about the whole topics thing with ratings. I sort of think the number of downloads acts as a ratings system. I mean no one would get thousands on a single hack unless it's either really good, or the best version (at the time) of a really popular thing. I don't think anyone would be desperate enough to download their own hack hundreds or thousands of times.

However, if there were to be a system, it could be using stars AND a description as to why you rated it how you did. Which the rating reviews could then be looked over by moderators or whatever before approved. Pretty much like when a person gets moderated. I think it could work similar to ZFGC's Karma changing system. It prevents abuse but it  also sounds like a ton of work.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

October 02, 2012, 04:55:17 AM #4941 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:57:00 AM by POKE MASTER
Quote from: Kienamaru on October 02, 2012, 04:02:07 AM
Ah sweet then. Well, i may be late but from what I saw about the whole topics thing with ratings. I sort of think the number of downloads acts as a ratings system. I mean no one would get thousands on a single hack unless it's either really good, or the best version (at the time) of a really popular thing. I don't think anyone would be desperate enough to download their own hack hundreds or thousands of times.

However, if there were to be a system, it could be using stars AND a description as to why you rated it how you did. Which the rating reviews could then be looked over by moderators or whatever before approved. Pretty much like when a person gets moderated. I think it could work similar to ZFGC's Karma changing system. It prevents abuse but it  also sounds like a ton of work.

I beg to differ. The Arceus model (which is one of the things that started that other thread in the first place) has 100+ DL's yet it has no animations. The quality of that hack is poor as hell. Yet it's been on the "most popular hacks" list for 3 days now. There's a Cubone over squirtel hack that has 530+ DL's and it is of the exact same quality as the Arceus model. Yet it's on the first page when you click "top downloads" for squirtal.

Point being just because something has a high amount of downloads doesn't mean it is actually a GOOD hack. That is why Pik suggested a quality control person/people and I suggested a rating system with a quality control group as well.

for the record:

I am against the quality control thingy and the rating system

that is all...

^^Point taken, though I couldn't consider 100+ as a lot. Personally I'll be happy when one of my hacks hits 500 downloads. Either way, I guess people just want different characters no matter the quality then. I mean look at the Sephiroth psa, the newer models look great but the animations..

Anyway, sorrry about that whole off topicness. I guess a quality control thing could work, though i have no idea how.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

October 02, 2012, 05:50:01 AM #4944 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:51:56 AM by POKE MASTER
Honesty, it seems like the only way the quality/rating system would be possible is if someone made ANOTHER website where hacks can be uploaded just like Brawl Vault. However it would have different rules of course so it wouldn't be very much like Brawl vault is that sense. I'm guessing there would be a chosen group of people who rated the hacks and depending on the rating that would determine whether or not the hack is eligible for submition. If it is it would be posted on the site for people to see,download and rate themselves. I actually like the idea of another website that operated under a rating system. It would be a place were the experienced hackers could go and have their good hacks be uploaded around other good hacks. It would be like the SERIOUS  :srs: version of Brawl Vault lol. Chances are it won't happen here it won't happen here so we should all just stop suggesting it here.

Post Merge: October 02, 2012, 05:51:56 AM

Quote from: Kienamaru on October 02, 2012, 05:35:01 AM
^^Point taken, though I couldn't consider 100+ as a lot. Personally I'll be happy when one of my hacks hits 500 downloads. Either way, I guess people just want different characters no matter the quality then. I mean look at the Sephiroth psa, the newer models look great but the animations..

Anyway, sorrry about that whole off topicness. I guess a quality control thing could work, though i have no idea how.

Yeah I know it wouldm't be considered alot. But its ONLY day 3 and it's still there AND it's still of bad quality; is what I was getting at

Why not just try it out? If it fails we can get rid of it. But seeing as this would be a lot of work just trying it out could be a pain.
My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
https://twitter.com/jnernerman


Add me on video games and stuffs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 02, 2012, 06:18:05 AM #4946 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:19:35 AM by ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂
Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

October 02, 2012, 01:20:16 PM #4947 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:35:01 PM by POKE MASTER
Quote from: ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂ on October 02, 2012, 06:18:05 AM
Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?

Idk about that but I doubt a site where good quality hacks are constantly being uploaded would go down. However it the possibility is still there...

October 02, 2012, 01:40:52 PM #4948 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:51:57 PM by Miacis
Quote from: Kienamaru on October 02, 2012, 01:00:59 AMWhat exactly would count as pumping my own download count? I usually download my own stuff every time I add a major update to it.
Back in the day (like, first few months after BV's creation), there was no control over who downloaded what, so some users just repeatidly clicked on their hack to boost its download count.

Nowadays, there's a system preventing that. But the idea remains that, even back in the day, our users were already immature enough to go to such extents simply to get more recognition. And we honestly do not trust our userbase to be any more mature now, so if there's anything put into place to rate/review hacks, it's likely not going to be open to everybody.

Quote from: POKE MASTER on October 02, 2012, 05:50:01 AM
[very long paragraph]
I think you've missed Vyse's post. We're planning to add something that allows for a team of dedicated users to put better hacks forward, using the blog as a support for it. Seeing as the "Blog Team" is mostly made of dead people / lazy people nowadays, we might as well give the spotlight to everyone, instead of just a small elite.

So yeah, I don't think there's a need to ask someone to make a whole new site just for that.

Quote from: ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂ on October 02, 2012, 06:18:05 AM
Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?
All of them amounted to just a blog where a dozen or less hackers posted their creations, and nothing else. Most of them died down because the hackers keeping them alive started to lose interest and stopped posting on them. Of these team blogs, only IST and LST remain.
There's also been a few forums for these "teams", but they all died rather quickly. Even LST's forum isn't really active anymore. As for actual open hacking galleries, we're the only ones who have gone through the trouble of actually building and maintaining such a thing.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Back on that rating system that won't come. Why don't you make a rating system with 5 stars where you just need to give how much you like in stars like 4 stars for a really good import as example. So people can't make any comments on it.





I do accept requests for recolours.