Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1838522 times)
Anivernage
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5340 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »

Forgot to add in my last post, I'm positive ds22 didn't submit that before me; I checked the sfx hack list for any JP Ike sawnds / brsars, and there were none. Apparently he either didn't bother to check, or he noticed mine and submitted it anyway. For all I know, he could have just downloaded my hack and renamed it.
    lol man, he never makes that >_>
    if talking about a noob its more % of that noob reupload yours, but i dont think ds22 do that.

There can be many versions of the same hack, look at shadow. he has many versions of the same model.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5341 on: December 01, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »

Forgot to add in my last post, I'm positive ds22 didn't submit that before me; I checked the sfx hack list for any JP Ike sawnds / brsars, and there were none. Apparently he either didn't bother to check, or he noticed mine and submitted it anyway. For all I know, he could have just downloaded my hack and renamed it.

I highly highly highly doubt that ds22 would take your stuff and reuplaod it. and there can be multiple version/uploads of a hack. look at shaderp.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5342 on: December 01, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »

Yea. Didn't re-read it.

Yea. I think it should be added to the first post.
    ...why? He was just making a suggestion, and he's the first person to have made it.

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5343 on: December 01, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

I highly highly highly doubt that ds22 would take your stuff and reuplaod it. and there can be multiple version/uploads of a hack. look at shaderp.

This isn't a simple texture or even a remake of one, it's a sound pack. They all have the exact same wavs in them as mine. So you're saying you would be okay with me taking some of your hacks, changing their names and reuploading them?
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:59:45 PM by JirachiMaster » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #5344 on: December 01, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »

This isn't a simple texture or even a remake of one, it's a sound pack. They all have the exact same wavs in them as mine. So you're saying you would be okay with me taking some of your hacks, changing their names and reuploading them?

uhm, what? if they are both the same hack, of course they have the same waves.

Quotes:

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5345 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »

uhm, what? if they are both the same hack, of course they have the same waves.

That's what I'm saying. He uploaded the same god damned thing as me. What's the point of having 2 of the exact same sound pack on the site?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #5346 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:40 PM »

That's what I'm saying. He uploaded the same god damned thing as me. What's the point of having 2 of the exact same sound pack on the site?
    > 2 of the exact same
    > millions of shadow on the vault

Quotes:

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5347 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »

But both take them from brawl jpn iso of course will have the ******* same sounds!!!

Im sure he make his first Roll Eyes

> 2 of the exact same
    > millions of shadow on the vault
    This^

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5348 on: December 01, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »

But both take them from brawl jpn iso of course will have the ******* same sounds!!! Im sure he make his first Roll Eyes This^

You obviously haven't read my other posts.

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5349 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

You obviously haven't read my other posts.
    Well my point is theres no need to fight for this.

Like SB says there are many shadows and noone is claming their hack as original.

Just relax, both make their version, now peace.
    He worked on sooo much things including adding texture slots, im sure he never steals hacks man.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #5350 on: December 01, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »

There is no plagiarism issue here. Both audio hacks were compiled from the same source, so I don't see what the problem is if both JirachiMaster and ds22's SFX replacements stay on the Vault. We do the same if two modelers rig the same model. Quit making this non-issue into a big deal by throwing around baseless accusations.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5351 on: December 01, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »

There is no plagiarism issue here. Both audio hacks were compiled from the same source, so I don't see what the problem is if both JirachiMaster and ds22's SFX replacements stay on the Vault. We do the same if two modelers rig the same model. Quit making this non-issue into a big deal by throwing around baseless accusations.

Initially I didn't say he plagiarised, I said that it was a possibility. I just didn't know that submitting the same sfx or textures was allowed.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:45:15 PM by JirachiMaster » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5352 on: December 01, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »

ds22 is a Global Moderator, he doesn't steal hacks.

^This.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #5353 on: December 01, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »

...why? He was just making a suggestion, and he's the first person to have made it.
    I believe many people in this thread  have suggested the ability to show "recently edited" hacks in the Vault.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #5354 on: December 01, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »

Initially I didn't say he plagiarised, I said that it was a possibility. I just didn't know that submitting the same sfx or textures was allowed.

Duplicates are allowed if the same base is used, or if the same idea is trying to be conveyed. Taking someone's existing mod and reuploading it with no changes is not allowed. The BRSTM section is an extreme and chaotic example of duplicates using the same base being uploaded.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Pages:  1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: