Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1821579 times)
✿Zelia✿
✿Lady of Ballads✿
Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5820 on: May 20, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »

Except It's not a hack because there's no download link for It.
    Well it's a joke submission to the vault, their is no rules against it. But as I was stating, this "person" that TokoyamiTheDark spoke about that got banned for a hack that was a joke. Because u can't banned off of doing that. So this "person" might have been banned for something else.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:43:04 PM by Zelia » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5821 on: May 20, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »

Well it's a joke submission to the vault, their is no rules against it. But as I was stating, this "person" that TokoyamiTheDark spoke about got banned for hack that was a joke. Because u can't banned off of doing that. So this "person" might have been banned for something else.
    Yes, that must be it. My pal never told me the full story, so he might not have told me the real reason why the guy I'm mentioning got banned...but I didn't knew that there was no rules against jokes, so I'm sorry if I took that too seriously Sad

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5822 on: May 20, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »

Well it's a joke submission to the vault, their is no rules against it.

You don't understand, there's no rule against joke submissions, but It should still be removed because there is no hack to download.

Nevrmind, there is now.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5823 on: May 20, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »

Are there rules against joke reports, then?

I've seen several hacks I thought of a wisecrack to throw at it, but, in my mind, it is inappropriate to report something just because you want a joke to be heard (or read).  Kinda [censored]ish if there was an actual problem with the hack and a joke report just sits over the hack indefinitely...

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5824 on: May 20, 2013, 10:07:17 PM »

I've seen several hacks I thought of a wisecrack to throw at it, but, in my mind, it is inappropriate to report something just because you want a joke to be heard (or read).  Kinda [censored]ish if there was an actual problem with the hack and a joke report just sits over the hack indefinitely...
    Well joke reports on a joke hack is fine I think. But when it comes to a real hack. People can get in trouble for even doing one. I seen many joke reports before on hacks. Most of them aren't even funny. So their automatically removed by the Brawl Vault staff. :/

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #5825 on: May 21, 2013, 01:14:38 AM »

Yes, that must be it. My pal never told me the full story, so he might not have told me the real reason why the guy I'm mentioning got banned...but I didn't knew that there was no rules against jokes, so I'm sorry if I took that too seriously Sad

You really shouldn't listen to people who "don't tell the full story". The staff here isn't a bunch of stuck-up, irresponsible idiots. If he got banned for a "joke hack", the hack was either directly insulting someone, or a theft, or anything else prohibited by both the forum and BV rules.

The thing is, a report means "something is wrong with this hack". There is a reason why there are special filters on the vault that allow users to filter out Reported hacks. So whenever you're reporting a hack, you basically remove it from the Vault for a bunch of people. You also make it impossible for anyone to report a legit problm with that hack.
    I mean, it's a little bit like calling 911 to make a prank. It's not like the problem is you having a sense of humor, but more like you're holding the line when someone might actually need it.  Undecided

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5826 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »

That's precisely how I viewed the subject, Miacis.  I just wasn't sure whether joke reporting a joke mod would be any different.  I mean, if someone actually liked the joke mod but found a problem with how it worked, then I guess that would put me in the same boat had I joke reported it myself (not even sure what joke to make about this one in particular, it was kinda grotesque of a texture and not really something that appealed to my sense of humor, but that's irrelevant).

Hm... Maybe I should spoiler this for the sake of people who tl;dr:

I mean, I may have seen a joke mod or five I thought were pretty interesting.  And even if those in particular were buried beneath countless other hacks over time, there's still the possibility of something actually worth reporting about the hack.  I'm sure you know about the increasing number of lost hacks due to file deletions (won't say that Mediafire is the only offender).

If some new user that likes to prank his friends with these joke mods, and sees that they are lost to the depths of the internet, and joke reports are present on them, he/she is likely to complain somewhere in this forum (not necessarily in this topic, either).  This creates tension between people who know where to post this kind of stuff, the BV staff that have to deal with issues arising from the tension, and the natural frustration that the new user cannot download the hacks he/she wants and gets ground up for making the issue known.

Like you said, Miacis, the report function is used to report ISSUES with hacks working at all.

Zelia, I do see eye to eye with you on the harmlessness of joke reports on joke mods, but in the long run, it's not gonna be so harmless if that joke mod is not maintained.  I get the sudden urge to crack a joke so many times anywhere, and often I get reprimanded because the joke just wasn't said right or the joke went into an entirely different direction for discussion.

I would think it'd be a little less quite a problem if the joke were made through PM or in the thread where it was announced uploaded to the Vault.  That's just my way of thinking.  It doesn't change the outcome either way.  The joke will get old and skimmed over as time passes.

tl;dr Jokes reports to joke mods are harmless until they prevent legitimate reports from being submitted from those who care.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:43:47 AM by Linkxp500 » Logged

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5827 on: May 21, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »

Er, so is adding joke hacks against the rules or not? I see that you guys were already discussing the very thing that I came here to report/ask about. I really think that it should be, since it just clutters the site and adds literally no content. It's not even a poorly-made result of an honest effort, because even those hacks may have some value to somebody.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #5828 on: May 21, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »

Er, so is adding joke hacks against the rules or not? I see that you guys were already discussing the very thing that I came here to report/ask about. I really think that it should be, since it just clutters the site and adds literally no content. It's not even a poorly-made result of an honest effort, because even those hacks may have some value to somebody.

how is reporting my hack for saying its a joke and that its bad a valid report?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5829 on: May 21, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »

(Referring to the person that reports): Of course it is against the rules. A report is a report, not a joke. Now, what do you want us to do? Remove the joker's reporting rights? We can't be that strict. So it's just a matter of fixing the report, and if the joker has been brought up enough, then actions as removing their reporting rights can be taken. Nothing else than that, really.

(Referring to the person that submits a joke hack): Hack is deleted upon detection. This has not been the first joke hack on the Vault.

Any questions?
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:19:31 PM by Albafika » Logged

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5830 on: May 21, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »

Any questions?
    No, but I wasn't even talking about joke reports at all. I was making what I considered to be a valid report on what appeared to be a joke submission by a user who is otherwise shown to be capable of making higher quality hacks.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5831 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »

No, but I wasn't even talking about joke reports at all. I was making what I considered to be a valid report on what appeared to be a joke submission by a user who is otherwise shown to be capable of making higher quality hacks.
    I know. I just wanted to clear both sides and quoted you for the heck of it. Tongue

So, if there are no more questions, let's move on from this subject. Smiley

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5832 on: May 21, 2013, 11:47:29 PM »

Question about the Vault. The thing that shows in the center of the BV page, that one with the facebook updates. If I remember correctly, before, it used to show a preview picture of the hack or the first image of the post it linked to. Now it only shows a blueish square with the name of the post and the preview text. Is there any reason for this? Was there a software update and now this is what it does? cause I kind of liked the one before.

Legend of Jesse
    Supreme Kitten

Heroes may die but... Legends endure...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5833 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »

so one thing i have noticed and it kinda makes searching for stages a little difficult... (well not for me but for pal users) i guess it's not a big deal but shouldn't stages be put over their base stage? an example would be... http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23417

the base of the stage is not pirate ship... just an included .rel to go on pirate ship... (which is useless because you can just go to that website in the resources section and make a .rel for any stage)...

i would imagine this would be an insane amount of moderating to find EVERY SINGLE stage that is in the wrong spot... but still... just seems like this needs to be resolved...

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5834 on: May 25, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32180&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Saw something very similar to this on a Japanese MMD website app. 3 weeks ago, however, since I can't seem to find the URL anymore to compare both models, I might be wrong... I DID NOT reported it since I could be wrong, like I said, so I'm sorry if this is my error...
    Well if you don't have the proof, why post about it? :/

Pages:  1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: