Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

well, not everybody can make a video... i for example cant...

April 22, 2012, 03:49:26 PM #3061 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:52:20 PM by SJS
Funny, I thought hack packs would fall under the "No Plagiarism" rule for Brawl Vault.

And yes, Brawl Vault mods SHOULD check with these super pack creators to see if they received permission. Isn't that part of your job or something?
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on April 22, 2012, 03:49:26 PM
Funny, I thought hack packs would fall under the "No Plagiarism" rule for Brawl Vault.
this

April 22, 2012, 04:10:56 PM #3063 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:13:20 PM by Miacis
Quote from: SJS on April 22, 2012, 03:49:26 PM
Funny, I thought hack packs would fall under the "No Plagiarism" rule for Brawl Vault.
I don't really see what's funny in there. We're just discussing a possible mitigation of rules around Hack Packs, trying to see if they actually can have a place in the Vault somewhere. Without them taking all the glory away from the people who made the little bricks constituting them, and without leaving the bricklayers flat either.

QuoteAnd yes, Brawl Vault mods SHOULD check with these super pack creators to see if they received permission. Isn't that part of your job or something?
No?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

The easiest solution: Don't allow them. It's basically re-uploading content already on the Vault.

Putting someone else's work into a RAR and uploading it online hardly constitutes as "bricklaying."
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


April 22, 2012, 04:37:03 PM #3065 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:45:22 PM by Miacis
You know what, I'll just repost the points that were already made about Mega Hack Packs. Both seem like valid point to me.
I'll also repost the compromise I made earlier, that you didn't really seem to notice? I mean, I like knowing your opinion, but knowing what is wrong with my own suggestion might be helpful too.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg883867#msg883867
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg884041#msg884041
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

IMO, BV is for creative works only, and packs (even packs of your own stuff) don't belong there. That's why I haven't put up any of the "albums" from my thread, only individual songs.

If you wanna link to packs from your hack descriptions, go for it. But they don't belong on the Vault, especially ones that aren't compilations of your own work. Like SJS said, making these isn't work and doesn't merit equal attention on the Vault.

Pappy's super pack is one the dude is very open about.  There's a whole topic that's been around for a good half a year now.  How you all missed it considering it's been near the top of the General Hacking Discussion board for pretty much the entire span of the time is quite surprising:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34882.0


Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 22, 2012, 05:30:04 PMPappy's super pack is one the dude is very open about.  There's a whole topic that's been around for a good half a year now.  How you all missed it considering it's been near the top of the General Hacking Discussion board for pretty much the entire span of the time is quite surprising: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34882.0
I haven't been in the hacking section for quite a while to be honest. I check some threads there but i don't check the sections daily. So i really had no clue o.o

I didn't really know that the thread existed either :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 22, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
How you all missed it considering it's been near the top of the General Hacking Discussion board for pretty much the entire span of the time is quite surprising:
There are probably plenty of issues that ought to be addressed but aren't, simply because no one brings them up.

Though I can't think of any.

i get a glitchy page and it gives me a multi-logged in error (am I still "logged in" on the temp server?) I can't access the search , it returns empty results, and i get the white screen of death very often on the forums, (specifically the on topic groups, and never from forum games... )

i keep getting this when i try to submit a hack...

QuoteERROR: User qzerzerq_kcforum already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections ERROR

Debug info
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

We know, we know, we know, we have heard it a thousand times by now, we know.

We're working on moving to a different the host -- the same one picano used, which didn't give us any problems, but with our own account and proper domain name.

It's just gonna take a bit of time.