Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 03, 2012, 03:17:11 AM #3870 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:59:31 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Vyse on July 03, 2012, 03:08:32 AM
So what have you guys decided on, exactly?

  • No .rel ports on the Vault, unless they're made by the mod's original creator?
  • No packs on the Vault unless they include at least some (a majority?) of your own work?
  • Did you settle on anything for plagiarism?

I need to know so I can edit the rules accordingly.
Yes. And unless the .REL porter made changes to the hack.

Not a majority, just at least some, and a notepad/description with the corresponding credits.

Not that I know of.

July 03, 2012, 06:09:03 AM #3871 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:11:25 AM by ASF1nk
So, I guess we got some cleaning up to do.

Also we should have some where to keep the records of people such as '-_-' and the like.
We got another one...
-Resubmited hack:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27334
-Orginal:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9405

Exactly the same upon closer inspection it seems. I couldn't find anything different.
Skype: ASF1nk



Came across something interesting in the brawl vault just a moment ago.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After clicking 1 or 2 hacks in the vault, it's shown that above them.
It doesn't really seem to be a large problem considering the hack's still there, And it hasn't shown up to often. I'm not sure if this is a bug on the site, or my computer- I just needed to make you aware of it.

@Vamayro I have seen that too. infact i see it all the time so it must not be a big deal
My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
https://twitter.com/jnernerman


Add me on video games and stuffs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@asf: We either need a list in the op here or perhaps make a topic that only staff can see with all the names, so we can discuss them. (though this topic is used for it mostly.)



Quote from: Victory Badguy on July 03, 2012, 02:45:21 PM
OK, I think I got all of the reports down.  Thanks for letting us know.
Thanks for handling them, Victory. I wanted to fix them. But it doesn't matter. I snooze I lose. (I was sleeping during the time u fixed them, lol.)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

July 03, 2012, 04:13:29 PM #3878 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:16:41 PM by ASF1nk
About ports, we need to discuss this a little more.
Albafika tells me that ports that have edits from the original hack are still allowed?
I don't see how this solves the problem, since one can make edits to a hack and just clog the vault with the same hack over and over again just with a different .rel.
I don't think this solves our issue.

I mean Azai is already making a .rel database, and we already have a topic with all the codes required for porting. There is NO need for ports in the vault really.

Also as stated before, ports like "Super Sonic over Yoshi" and "Shadow over Yoshi" are pretty much pointless, as it's just Sonic over Yoshi. And having a database for ports can really help the vault in situations like this.

Only 100% working .rel ports are those over Marth, Ike, Metaknight, Jigglypuff.
All of this Sonic over X character and and Lucario over X characters, etc., will never fully work with current .rel methods, because of articles. So what's the point of them?

Quote from: Puraidou-chan on July 03, 2012, 09:44:58 AM
@asf: We either need a list in the op here or perhaps make a topic that only staff can see with all the names, so we can discuss them. (though this topic is used for it mostly.)

I agree, we should have a topic somewhere and implement a strike system.

Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: Vyse on July 03, 2012, 03:08:32 AM
  • No .rel ports on the Vault, unless they're made by the mod's original creator?
  • No packs on the Vault unless they include at least some (a majority?) of your own work?
  • Did you settle on anything for plagiarism?

I say no .rel ports unless they are properly working (No game breaking glitches, freezing, etc.), but that works too.

I agree with Albafika, on at least some with a readme listing all the credits.

I still say permission is not required as long as proper credit is given. I've already explained why lack of permission is not plagiarism, so I won't go into It again. However If someone wants to upload a hack that isn't theirs because they didn't see It on the vault, It should be okay as long as they're saying who did make It.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Thanks for taking off all of those reports like you said you would. gj.

just make sure there's a "banner" in brawlvault saying there is a .rel database and a code thread, so it's not allowed to post rel ports, cuz you know, all these rel porters dont read this

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27419&Moderated=All&facebook=true

can someone remove this? because he just stole my stage and .rel ported it with no permission at all
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: GBC on July 05, 2012, 01:05:14 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27419&Moderated=All&facebook=true

can someone remove this? because he just stole my stage and .rel ported it with no permission at all
Ok done.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

i think packs should beallowed so long as credit is given in a text or desc
rel ports should be allowed so long as they dont freeze or tstance. most ports cant grab it seems. i guess credit is needed too.

nothin to say on plagiarism, just ask the makers exactly what edits they made. bottom line for me is... packs and ports are newcomer friendly and time saving.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?