Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

He did give permission
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You know, if we're going along with this whole "no straight .rel ports" rule, the actual rules really need to be updated to reflect this.  We can't expect everyone to sift through this thread just to know one brand new rule.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 25, 2012, 03:36:32 PM
He did give permission
Well, I guess it was OK then.  I mean, if the creator was OK with it then who are we to say otherwise?

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 25, 2012, 03:36:32 PM
He did give permission
In that case, i'll make it viewable again. (if i can >.>)

edit: There we go.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on July 25, 2012, 03:45:13 PM
You know, if we're going along with this whole "no straight .rel ports" rule, the actual rules really need to be updated to reflect this.  We can't expect everyone to sift through this thread just to know one brand new rule.
Well, I guess it was OK then.  I mean, if the creator was OK with it then who are we to say otherwise?
Agreed. May I remind you guys that you have a private board (and MSN chatroom) for that?
So just discuss any rule changes that you believe need discussing in there, make a recap of what we need to add, and we'll add it.

Don't just make rules on the fly and apply them before they're even actual rules.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: 猿飛 あやめ on July 25, 2012, 03:35:59 PM
Kagemaru has no say on what's allowed and not, we decided that straight .REL ports are banned unless it's made by creator himself or given permission by them.

Are it his files alone or other people as well?

:srs:

Erk. My bad Miacis.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Feature Question:
When a Collab is edited, could the PM report tell what's been changed? Like "File link updated" or "Desc has been changed". Kinda confusing to know what's new when I dono what was already there.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ƈhibi Ӄit ßallarɖ on July 26, 2012, 01:14:56 AM
Feature Question:
When a Collab is edited, could the PM report tell what's been changed? Like "File link updated" or "Desc has been changed". Kinda confusing to know what's new when I dono what was already there.
Would be too much work, but it's certainly possible.

i have a sugestion when we update an hack why not add a button to say  new version and it would appear again in the newest hacks but keeping the everything even download number since sometimes we update a hack and most ppl dont even realize since they dont read the thread and people dont like making a new release and call it V2 i think this would help everyone to keep up with updates and would make less hacks in the vault called V2 1.2 and so on.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The problem is, that could easily be abused. As soon as someone's hack falls off the newly added list, they could just update it and have it back up there again.

Quote from: Anonymous on July 26, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
The problem is, that could easily be abused. As soon as someone's hack falls off the newly added list, they could just update it and have it back up there again.
there would need to have restritions like we do for anything like the user must put the changes in the text  this would be neat for everyone to keep up with updates instead of uploading a V2 hack
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So, you're saying that the Vault Staff would need to check every hack's "update" to confirm they're legit updates and approve them?

Can't you people suggest things easier to achieve, or rather, just report bugs? I don't think the Vault needs this kind of optimization.

Quote from: Albafika on July 26, 2012, 03:25:52 PM
So, you're saying that the Vault Staff would need to check every hack's "update" to confirm they're legit updates and approve them?

Can't you people suggest things easier to achieve, or rather, just report bugs? I don't think the Vault needs this kind of optimization.
you could just let it and not check you know thrust ppl  so you would just need to check if someone reported it has no new feature
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 26, 2012, 08:00:49 PM #4198 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:02:42 PM by Anonymous
Quote from: Carnage on July 26, 2012, 04:42:11 PM
you could just let it and not check you know trust ppl so you would just need to check if someone reported it has no new feature
But it would still be more for the BV staff to deal with. I don't see what the trouble is to just upload V2 instead.

I'd rather make a new Upload post then having a "bump" feature. As pointed out, it could be abused rather easily.

Still would be nice to have the idea I mentioned but *shrugs*
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!