Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you expect from me now?
You know what we want...
Y U NO MAEK MOAR M-A-R-I-O
Hey bro make some Pokemanz
Moar Megaman!!  
What about something from series you never made? Im srs here

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
Author Topic: CutterKirby64 Stage Hacks [ Classic Central Highway RELEASED!! (25 April 14) ]  (Read 161971 times)
ToadKart
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: March 03, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »

Awesome stage! Just downloaded it. Smiley

As for requests, maybe a Yoshi or DK stage to celebrate DKC TF and Yoshi's New Island?

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: March 04, 2014, 12:13:34 AM »

id be up for a DK stage. ive always wanted to play in mad jack's boss room (just an example)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: March 04, 2014, 04:11:42 AM »

I would love a Starlight Carnival or Asteroid Coaster stage.
    Personally, I would want Tropical Resort or Planet Wisp.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

REVENAUT1313
    Advanced Kitten

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY G**DAMN RUPEES

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: March 04, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »

You are by far now my favorite stage designer. Apparently I have been using some of your stages already and didn't even realize it. Thanks for the Majora's Mask stage, that game definitely needs more love on the Vault. I'm sure it will be a long time before you come back to it, but I think one section of MM that needs a good stage is on the moon at the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUb5LQ93uNI

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #364 on: March 04, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »

Awesome stage as always, CutterKirby64. It's awesome how the stage looks like imported straight from Majora's mask, and it really isn't.

Btw, from the zip, looks like the stage was made like 1 month ago though, right? Tongue

Well, I want to present you with this:

Both characters are swimming in the water. Left is your water, right is the new water I'm giving you. I've also changed just a little the shadow system so it looks a little darker and less blue. The central pad now includes its own shadow, so I've removed the shadow system model for that one.

I've done it only to the classic one, I suppose a texturedata swap would update the other one.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ronjadioqr1pg/

A small explanation:

Models with semi-ransparent textures that are see-through don't cover the characters, unless you start their name with 'gr2_'. Looks like it's a special name for models in stages so this kind of materials get the priority.

The model has now a shader that's proper for that, but it wouldn't work well without the proper name. So both model and its name have been changed.

It's nice to see you've got now a capture card. But I guess I'll still make a video of your stage to help you advertising it, it takes no time after all  Wink

Keep enjoying this the way you do  Kirby Dance

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »

How about some more Sonic Colors stages?
    I would love a Starlight Carnival or Asteroid Coaster stage.
    Personally, I would want Tropical Resort or Planet Wisp.

Sonic Colors stages do have a great potential of being made by me, since I do love all of them and their respectives soundtracks. They all have their interesting concepts, and I'd have to take them into considerations, along with a good spot for a fight and my creativity. Actually, Planet Wisp has more chances of being made, it's an epic place and have been suggested and wanted ever since I've released Aquarium Park.

I love you.

Thanks Xerom, nice way to express your feelings about the stage, lol. xD

Oooooooooh, Deku Palace! I love that place! I'm totally using this~

Too bad I never noticed this thread though... I think I'm going to be keeping watch of it now!

Thanks Lillith! Great to know you'll be using it. I know you love Zelda, and Deku Palace won't be my last stage from the series, so keep on watching!  Grin

Awesome stage! Just downloaded it. Smiley

As for requests, maybe a Yoshi or DK stage to celebrate DKC TF and Yoshi's New Island?

Thanks ToadKart, that's awesome to know!
    And for the suggestions, try to be as specific as possible, like the place from the game and stuff.
    All suggestions will be taken into consideration.  Wink

id be up for a DK stage. ive always wanted to play in mad jack's boss room (just an example)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be looking at it sir!  Smiley
    Any others with their respectives specifications will be welcome.

You are by far now my favorite stage designer. Apparently I have been using some of your stages already and didn't even realize it. Thanks for the Majora's Mask stage, that game definitely needs more love on the Vault. I'm sure it will be a long time before you come back to it, but I think one section of MM that needs a good stage is on the moon at the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUb5LQ93uNI

Thank you so much, Revenaut! It's a honor to know that. Glad you've enjoyed it, and all the others stages made by me that you've been using. xD
    Maybe not that long, after all I had a great time making a stage from MM, and like I said this game needs more love, and I wouldn't mind giving it. Majora's Mask stages are fun to make. Also, thanks for your suggestion! It sure is an epic place to build. Any others will be welcome, especially from MM.  Wink

Awesome stage as always, CutterKirby64. It's awesome how the stage looks like imported straight from Majora's mask, and it really isn't.

Btw, from the zip, looks like the stage was made like 1 month ago though, right? Tongue

Well, I want to present you with this:

Both characters are swimming in the water. Left is your water, right is the new water I'm giving you. I've also changed just a little the shadow system so it looks a little darker and less blue. The central pad now includes its own shadow, so I've removed the shadow system model for that one.

I've done it only to the classic one, I suppose a texturedata swap would update the other one.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ronjadioqr1pg/

A small explanation:

Models with semi-ransparent textures that are see-through don't cover the characters, unless you start their name with 'gr2_'. Looks like it's a special name for models in stages so this kind of materials get the priority.

The model has now a shader that's proper for that, but it wouldn't work well without the proper name. So both model and its name have been changed.

It's nice to see you've got now a capture card. But I guess I'll still make a video of your stage to help you advertising it, it takes no time after all  Wink

Keep enjoying this the way you do  Kirby Dance

Thank you, Mewtwo2000! It's awesome to know that it looks like an import. Actually, the only imported thing is one of the Easter Eggs, which you've been credited for importing. xD
    The stage was started back when I first showed some previews of Central Highway, it was in my "to do list", as "Make a new Zelda Stage". I had some of it done, and when I disappeared both stages got stuck. I've got back on track almost immediately after Central Highway's release. But you're right, something like 1 month or more. xD

So, about the semi-transparent, I woudn't imagine that such thing as this detail would interfere in how the model would work. I'm really grateful for the fixes to those models, and for the explanation, really. I've already updated the stage, thanks for always helping me so much, it's good to know that I can count on you for some help sometimes.

It's good to have a capture card, I can record some matches of my stages, make some showcases and all that stuff. Showcases from you would be still appreciated, if it's all good to you, thank you!
    It'll be great for advertising, and for showcases with more quality, since yours is better than mine. xD

You can count on me, I'll be enjoying it as much as I can.  Kirby Dance

So, everyone, first of all the stage have been updated, thanks to Mewtwo2000! Go download it for a better poison, as shown in the pictures above!

About my next stage, I'll keep thinking and taking into consideration all the suggestions, with my decisions and stuff. Since I just got my hands into an updated semi-transparent model, provided by Mewtwo2000, I should update Gloam Valley as well, with the new model for a better effect, while I'm at it, I've been thinking about something, why not revamp it? There are a lot of thing that could be improved, and it would be a quick revamp. Any thoughts?
    I might as well post some weekly videos, with showcases and random matches, dunno.
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:40:39 PM by CutterKirby64 » Logged

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »

Aquarium Park is a little laggy with 4 players. You should be able to get rid of it now with the Tristripper.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »

He's using Brawl models, so the tristripper isn't gonna make much. At least, what's the way it's supposed to be. Tristripping only makes sense when one imports models from the outside.

Fusing models, though, may get some small improvement with lag and filesize. But not much.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »

Downloads update*

As I said on IST, i think this is one of your best stages yet. You really nailed every detail and it looks like an import.

I think a Gloam Valley v2 would be cool to see, that's probably one of my favorite stages of yours. It's already pretty good but there is always room for improvement.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »

Mewtwo man. He's there for everyone.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:02 PM »

Thanks ToadKart, that's awesome to know!
    And for the suggestions, try to be as specific as possible, like the place from the game and stuff.
    All suggestions will be taken into consideration.  Wink

Ok, my suggestions would be for DK either Seashore War from Tropical Freeze, or any of the lava stages from DKC 2. For a Yoshi stage, maybe a jungle stage from SMW2, like Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy, or Nep Enuts Domain.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #371 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »

Oh man I love u for making this stage, I truly do!

segwayspeedracer
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: March 17, 2014, 11:01:24 PM »

Hi Cutterkirby,

I did some modifications to your SMW stage and, I grew to enjoy it so much, I wanted to share the modification. Would you want me to post it to BV with credit to you, or not do it? Either way it's not a big deal.

Thanks!

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »

I like your deku palace stage – very well done. I looked pretty hard for the easter egg but I don't think I found it. Unless it's the way the bottom of the stage is laid out but I don't think I recognize it from anywhere
     I see what you did there ...

Hey if you're still looking for stage suggestions, could I suggest something from Xenoblade Chronicles? There's currently only one Xenoblade stage in the vault right now, and while beautiful, is just a background behind a retextured animal crossing stage. With my PSA of the main character coming out soon, it would be kind of fitting I guess. But ofc, just a suggestion Smiley

As for more specifics, maybe one of the floating islands in Eryth sea.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »

Aquarium Park is a little laggy with 4 players. You should be able to get rid of it now with the Tristripper.
    He's using Brawl models, so the tristripper isn't gonna make much. At least, what's the way it's supposed to be. Tristripping only makes sense when one imports models from the outside.

Fusing models, though, may get some small improvement with lag and filesize. But not much.

Like Mewtwo2000 stated, it wouldn't help me, since I've built the entire stage using Brawl models, I've tried to avoid it, but all the models in the stage were necessary to keep it exactly as I wanted it to be.  Tongue

Downloads update*

As I said on IST, i think this is one of your best stages yet. You really nailed every detail and it looks like an import.

I think a Gloam Valley v2 would be cool to see, that's probably one of my favorite stages of yours. It's already pretty good but there is always room for improvement.

Thanks ShadowSnake, glad to hear it! I'll probably revamp it, some improvement ideas keep comingo to my mind when I think about a possibly revamp..

Ok, my suggestions would be for DK either Seashore War from Tropical Freeze, or any of the lava stages from DKC 2. For a Yoshi stage, maybe a jungle stage from SMW2, like Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy, or Nep Enuts Domain.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ToadKart! As I've said, all of them are being truly appreciated by me!

Oh man I love u for making this stage, I truly do!

Hey, Enzo! That great to know man, thank you so much!

Hi Cutterkirby,

I did some modifications to your SMW stage and, I grew to enjoy it so much, I wanted to share the modification. Would you want me to post it to BV with credit to you, or not do it? Either way it's not a big deal.

Thanks!

Hello there, segwayspeedracer! Sorry for not replying your private message, I have this habbit of disappearing, as most of people know! Didn't want to ignore you, sorry for that. Send me a message again, I'd love to check those modifications before anyone else..xD

I like your deku palace stage – very well done. I looked pretty hard for the easter egg but I don't think I found it. Unless it's the way the bottom of the stage is laid out but I don't think I recognize it from anywhere
     I see what you did there ...

Hey if you're still looking for stage suggestions, could I suggest something from Xenoblade Chronicles? There's currently only one Xenoblade stage in the vault right now, and while beautiful, is just a background behind a retextured animal crossing stage. With my PSA of the main character coming out soon, it would be kind of fitting I guess. But ofc, just a suggestion Smiley

As for more specifics, maybe one of the floating islands in Eryth sea.

Thanks Erico, it's great to see a new face around this thread! Were you able to find all the Easter Eggs? If not, let's say it's more than you can see in battle.. Kirby Dance
    Also, thanks for the suggestions, I've never played any game from Xenoblade Chronicles series, but from what I've searched I can tell that those are really interesting, not only that, but really beautiful! Exactly the kind of stages that I enjoy making, thanks again!  Wink

Anywaaay, as you all might know, when CutterKirby posts someting it always comes with a release, right?
    Look's like I've broke my promise again..oh well, let me make it up to you all, again!

Classic Central Highway (Megaman X SNES)

As some you might know, I've released my original Central Highway, based on Maverick Hunter X, back on january but this time I'm here to present the classic SNES version, for all of you fans of the original game! This alternate version comes with a brand new texture revamp and some model edits. Now, for some backstory of how this stage came out: Some time ago, this user named jeffersonian sent me a private message, showing his own retextured version of my Maverick Hunter X's Highway. He showed me a picture of it and then I've realized that there were many Megaman X fans, like me and him, with nostalgic feelings about the game itself. Check his version out:

I've decided to recreate the SNES version as a reward to him for all the efforts to bring to Brawl the original version of the stage. Some of his textures were used, as you all can see. Many thanks to him for reminding me of all the classic Megaman X fans and for the iniciative to recreate this stage! A few people were able to check the verion out before the release, those were my few subscribers on Youtube! There you go guys, a video with both versions of Central Highway, with a little improved quality (compared to Deku Palace's):

CutterKirby64's Stage Hacks - Central Highway (Maverick Hunter X)

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Here's the download link:

Check out my blogpost for more pictures at: http://infinitesmashteam.com/
    Subscribe for showcases and matches: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqyWB2X9D_-kK4Pc-yqsAQ

Don't you guys love my huge walls of texts? xD
    I'm still trying to figure out what to do next and I'll be still trying not to disappear all the time, I've been really busy with real life stuff, but I want to keep making some stages and some weekly matches, showcases and stuff on my channel.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:25:02 AM by CutterKirby64 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
    Print
    Jump to: