CutterKirby64 Stage Hacks [ Classic Central Highway RELEASED!! (25 April 14) ]

Started by CutterKirby64, January 09, 2011, 04:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you expect from me now?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You know what we want...
Y U NO MAEK MOAR M-A-R-I-O
Hey bro make some Pokemanz
Moar Megaman!!  
What about something from series you never made? :srs:
Quote from: CutterKirby64 on September 17, 2011, 07:41:39 PM
I can't beat an import... :-\


Don't ever say that again, or I'll kill you ¬¬

Seriously, we can beat imports. Or, at least, current imports. In my opinion, those unshaded stages have nothing to do against stages like yours, mine, and some others.

They're fastly made and accurate, but they don't look fine. There's not much work at all behind them them, they're there for getting downloads, and I don't guess it's fun to make them.

I have some respect for those which are built in 3d Max and imported after that, but copy-paste imports are just... Copy-pastes...

So, seriously, don't get beaten by imports. I won't. Maybe some day real imports (full dae to mdl0 imports) look really fine and there's some advantage with them, but the current imports are just stages-to-be-improved-in-the-future. Nothing more.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

The current importing process we have has bad shaders.

Look at DSX8's Peach's Castle. He can't really do anything about it right now.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


your stages look even better than imports, more accurate
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on September 17, 2011, 07:48:03 PM
I kinda find it ironic that you have made no kirby stages...
hmm...good point. oO

Quote from: Segtendo on September 17, 2011, 07:58:31 PM
:>.>:
I'll get you back.
Don't you worry about that, no more troll face stages. :P

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on September 17, 2011, 08:52:53 PM
Ok Cutter, serious time. I know I've been teasing you about how easy it is to do imports, but honestly, you can make a stage better than anyone could import.

Don't let it get you down, man. /:

Also, I voted for Sonic. :af:

Glad to see I'm not the only one paying attention around here. XD
Thanks for that Gamma, I'm kinda feeling better about the import stuff. xD
Also I knew you would choose Sonic.  ;)

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 17, 2011, 09:39:25 PM
Don't ever say that again, or I'll kill you ¬¬

Seriously, we can beat imports. Or, at least, current imports. In my opinion, those unshaded stages have nothing to do against stages like yours, mine, and some others.

They're fastly made and accurate, but they don't look fine. There's not much work at all behind them them, they're there for getting downloads, and I don't guess it's fun to make them.

I have some respect for those which are built in 3d Max and imported after that, but copy-paste imports are just... Copy-pastes...

So, seriously, don't get beaten by imports. I won't. Maybe some day real imports (full dae to mdl0 imports) look really fine and there's some advantage with them, but the current imports are just stages-to-be-improved-in-the-future. Nothing more.
I'll never say that again...=O
Well the current import method isn't the best one, I also think that it's not that fun to make those stages. Like you I'm not gonna let them beat me, your stages are perfect to show me that we can beat imports.

Quote from: Segtendo on September 17, 2011, 09:43:26 PM
The current importing process we have has bad shaders.

Look at DSX8's Peach's Castle. He can't really do anything about it right now.
Yeah, without the shaders they don't look that great, but it's possible to fix some stuff with texture editing. xD

Quote from: Dot on September 17, 2011, 09:45:26 PM
your stages look even better than imports, more accurate
Thank you so much!  ;D

Sorry for being dead guys...I'm really busy with real life stuff and I can't really work on my stages, I think I can show you guys the last preview of Hyrule Castle Courtyard!

Not much eh? Wrong! I've made some good progress but I don't want to show you all the current state of the main part of the stage.  :P
Obviously Zelda won the poll, so I'll be making a Zelda stage and also a stage for the second place!
Here's my "to do list":
1- Finish Hyrule Castle Courtyard
2- Make a new Zelda Stage
3- Mario Stage.
4- Maybe a revamp of an old stage (still not sure about which stage).

Now you might think: "hey why is he going to make a Mario stage if Sonic got the second place?"
Well Sonic was a troll option, even if I said enough Sonic people still wanted Sonic stages. Maybe next time guys. xD
I was planning to make Deku Palace, well being busy made me lost the opportunity because DSX8 is already importing it. I had almost everything done to start it, I was really hyped about that...It's getting kinda hard to hyped about some stuff, but I'm okay just not sure about if I should make Deku Palace or make something new. I'm also kinda open to some suggestions for Zelda stages.
So tell me what you all think about my next Zelda stage.  :)


Worried about someone importing a stage you want to make?

[spoiler]Make it anyway.

:srs:

Quote from: Segtendo on October 14, 2011, 10:39:19 PMAre those guards 3D or 2D?

I'm familiar with CutterKirby's work, so I would have to say they are 2D.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 14, 2011, 10:41:38 PMWorried about someone importing a stage you want to make?

[spoiler]Make it anyway.

:srs:


Huh, for some reason I was expecting "Too bad! Waluigi time!" But now that I think about It that doesn't make any sense.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: PAVGN on October 14, 2011, 10:48:10 PM
Huh, for some reason I was expecting "Too bad! Waluigi time!" But now that I think about It that doesn't make any sense.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: CutterKirby64 on October 14, 2011, 10:35:01 PM
So tell me what you all think about my next Zelda stage.  :)

Keep your idea on. Yours will look better than DSX8's. I'm sure about that.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 15, 2011, 12:20:36 PM
Keep your idea on. Yours will look better than DSX8's. I'm sure about that.
awww cmon man, dont bring me down like that D=   lol... but still, i agree wit u on that >.>
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on October 23, 2011, 04:08:30 AM
awww cmon man, dont bring me down like that D=   lol... but still, i agree wit u on that >.>

If I don't tell him things like this, he will not make the stage because of you importing it... And I, personally, don't like the idea of having good stage builders to surrender because of those other stagers that decide to import lots of stages at once.

It's not bringing you down, is trying to save staging. When people like CutterKirby64 get tired of making stages, this will become a real sht.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 23, 2011, 09:49:34 AM
If I don't tell him things like this, he will not make the stage because of you importing it... And I, personally, don't like the idea of having good stage builders to surrender because of those other stagers that decide to import lots of stages at once.

It's not bringing you down, is trying to save staging. When people like CutterKirby64 get tired of making stages, this will become a real sht.

well, not to be obnoxious or anything, but if a stage model already exists in another game, and can be imported, why spend precious time recreating it bit by bit? It's not out of disrespect to you stage builders, I respect you guys very much, but I dont want to see you guys reinventing the wheel when you don't have to. Imagine instead that you had imported your sm64 peaches castle stage. Instead of recreating the stage bit by bit, you could have spent much less time just fixing the import, and you could have spent the time saved making that moving platform (like the mariokart alternate one) that everyone wanted. Honestly, I would love to see your talents put to more fun, inventive stages rather than recreating old stuff. but thats just me... Seriously. I'm tired of seeing so many pretty stages that are just flat walkoffs...

Quote from: Ls777 on October 23, 2011, 01:12:26 PMSeriously. I'm tired of seeing so many pretty stages that are just flat walkoffs...
This line is true.

Though most of more popular stagers more or less often do something that is not flat.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

I agree, importing things that already exist is faster, and more impressive things can be made while saving time. But, what I intend to say is, when people start doing stages in no time, when those stages were in your plans, you probably leave those ideas, cause they're already made. Doesn't matter if the stage is imported, recreated, or whatever, it's just that when somebody takes you the advantage of making something first, you probably lose interest. And that's something bad.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial