Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Just an idea, and I've already done this to my own SSS, but maybe you could add stages from SSB4 to the pack? The Boxing Ring stage has already been made, there's a Wuhu Island stage that was recently made that's pretty similar to the one in SSB4, and there's more stages in the works like Wily's Castle and Gerudo Valley.

September 15, 2013, 07:21:55 PM #1066 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:03:25 PM by libertyernie
Quote from: ToadKart on September 15, 2013, 04:37:19 PM
Just an idea, and I've already done this to my own SSS, but maybe you could add stages from SSB4 to the pack? The Boxing Ring stage has already been made, there's a Wuhu Island stage that was recently made that's pretty similar to the one in SSB4, and there's more stages in the works like Wily's Castle and Gerudo Valley.
That might be pretty cool. But maybe I'll wait until the next release after this update, since there'll probably be more than 2 by then.

Post Merge: September 15, 2013, 11:03:25 PM

I posted updates: 5.5 (Brawl) and 5.5m-r2 (P:M).
The P:M version has a fancy new modlauncher.xml for Riivolution - anyone want to try it out. Riivo still won't work for me :(

Considering "The Beginning" being part of the CEP, I'm surprised that the "How to Play" Stage (if you click the direct link, it's STGHOWTOPLAY) from SSB64 isn't in this.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

I've got a question, libertyernie. Could I bother you to release a version with the SFX replacement code included for Project M?

I can't get Riivolution to work with normal/balanced Brawl.  Seems to be no data folder either.

Quote from: Rage83 on September 17, 2013, 07:22:52 PM
I've got a question, libertyernie. Could I bother you to release a version with the SFX replacement code included for Project M?
I've never used that code, so I don't know if I would be able to. But the txt file for the codes is included, so you could probably add it yourself.



October 25, 2013, 09:33:14 PM #1073 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:37:21 PM by Serebel
So I approached this in a bit of an unorthodox way. I built its SSE version (with the swimmable Great Bay, its alternate song, and the original SSE Jungle options; plus a set of custom portraits) into an ISO with the then-most recent Minus Max beta (0.60) and an input lag fix codeset, for use with a USB loader and external HDD. I used a separate custom save slot so it created a new, empty save file upon first booting. In spite of a lot of potential conflict and basically zero know-how on my part, everything has worked more or less perfectly and in tandem. There are a few issues with odd typographical glitches in menus (improper characters, misaligned option names, and the like), stage icons (a couple of the CEP icons duplicated and overwrote Minus Max or original Brawl ones, though these overwritten icons still lead to their proper stages), and stage elements (speed caps seem non-existent in very specific cases, such as enemies in the Mario Bros. stage), but none of this is significant enough to affect play.

I'm being so thoroughly descriptive because the one exceptional problem I do have seems too solitary to have resulted from my bizarre method of implementing CEP without there being equally severe problems elsewhere (which there aren't). On Brinstar Depths, the entire stage rotates at an absolutely unplayable speed, to the point that it instantaneously kills all players in a match by tossing them unstoppably into the stage limits. If I had to guess, I'd say this is related to the same issue that removes speed caps on a scant amount of other stage elements, but I don't have near enough wherewithal to troubleshoot what that issue might be. I honestly just got lucky in combining tutorials across the various things I poured into this ISO, and so have little useful knowledge when it comes to the ins and outs of Brawl hacking.

I scoured online as thoroughly as possible and noticed no mention of a similar problem with this specific custom stage, outside of one passing mention earlier in this thread that had no response. I figured going to the horse's mouth was my best bet to try narrowing down the cause of this, even if it's potentially an as-yet uncommonly encountered problem. It'd be a shame if I couldn't get this reconciled, since that was always one of my favorite stages for those times when you just don't give a rat's arse about competitiveness.  

I've got a NTSC (US) GCT of this with the SFX and cBliss code included, if it helps anybody.

November 04, 2013, 02:32:43 PM #1075 Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:35:52 PM by libertyernie
I've never had that problem with Brinstar Depths, so I can't help with that :(

By the way, Project M players should check out this project, which I'm working on right now (among other very cool people, of course!)

Quote from: Rage83 on October 28, 2013, 01:13:04 AM
I've got a NTSC (US) GCT of this with the SFX and cBliss code included, if it helps anybody.
It is for the Project M version? if it is for P:M, could you send me the GCT, please?

Ernie, is there any chance you would release a version of the CEP that allows the added stages to be selected when choosing random? Brawl Minus is thinking about implementing it but if we can't get it working with random selection then it isn't gonna happen.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Is the N64 How To Play stage getting added to the pack? It'd be a decent way to use up that final slot, imo.

if im putting a stage over one of the new added stages, what .rel do i use? or what stage do i make sure i put it over?