Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6


Well Rax I got 5.3 working on minus with riivo for gecko users with no mistakes. But.. Ernie, your music is seemingly still misplaced.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

hmmm only if u can get it working with original brawl xD and dat sucks about the music :/

Can you post the respective names of each custom stage?
i don't know what is the Custom 1 stage

Hmm. The music seems right on my end. X27 should be the Star Fox theme, and STGCUSTOM0E should be Venom. If those are right but the music on Venom is still wrong, double-check the GCT you're using.

@motherofallwars: I'm not sure. Where are you reading "Custom 1" from?

Well expansion 5.2 didn't have Skyloft unless I'm mistaken... I could try and wipe every BRSTM and do it again.. but im gonna send you a text of what happened on my end. Just went through every level to see what was where...
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

You know, it could be something to do with your XML, Kienamaru.  If specific songs are played at the wrong stage, then it could be that the XML is telling them to play them at those times.  Maybe you could look into that to double-check.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

nope. It works now I think, but i gotta try my other SD card just to be sure. I got the music working by banishing the strms from my current setup. And this is riivo for geck dudes.

Post Merge: May 27, 2013, 08:33:23 PM

but what I'm seeing here doesn't have the individual Pokemon trainer slots anymore... unless I'm mistaken. Ernie did you purposely remove that from the setup I had?
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

ok, i get it now, its the common5.pac and the other modded files from this download, this is only for gecko users, not riivolution, well sorry for wasting your time linkxp :-/

First off, great pack!  I was having some trouble setting up the stage expansion code but this download got it working great.  I've swapped out a few of the stages, and am having a pretty strange issue. Nothing freezes or anything, but I've switched in new .brstm files for the new stages, but for some reason it'll play a few seconds of the song, make a static noise and jump into a different song entirely.  It does this repeatedly throughout the match cycling between two or three tunes.  This happens on each stage with custom music.  Anyone heard of something like this or how to fix it?  As much as I like "Beware the forest mushrooms" having it randomly cut into a paper mario song or epic battle theme is a little strange.

EDIT2:  Also, for some reason this did NOT affect the Skyloft stage.  I switched in the main skyward sword theme and it plays through without a hitch.  Could it be related to changing the stage itself?

EDIT:  I should also say, I'm using Gecko, not Riivolution

EDIT3:  With some more testing, I've found that this happens on any of the new stages of the 37, even ones which I have not touched the files of at all.  Here's the method I used to replace the music - I opened the codeset file to identify what  .brstm is set to play on that stage.  Then I took the .brstm that I wanted to use, renamed it accordingly and dropped it in the music folder.  Was there more to it than this that I'm missing?

It's a pretty disturbing error - sometimes it'll buzz and switch between tracks, but other times (depending on the stage) it makes a horrible crashing noise until the match ends.

Edit4:  FIXED!  Defrag'ed the sd card and it fixed everything.

refrag your SD card
That should probably fix it
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521


Quote from: ChaosEpsilon613 on May 31, 2013, 01:06:05 AM
refrag your SD card
That should probably fix it

Thanks a ton man, this fixed everything!  Never thought to defrag, good call.

I can't copy and replace the files, it says I need more MB, which is quite stupid. Any ideas?

if anyone is struggling to get this working over riivo for gecko users just pm me and ill explain :)