Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

I'm pretty sure it's because of the platform itself.
You know how most platforms move from one side to other? For example, the platform in Smashville?

Well the "teleporting" platforms are just platforms with one frame to move from one side to another as opposed to just dragging along the stage.

On a more pertinent note, will there ever be a way to have custom soundtracks for each stage? As in actually custom songs and not stealing slots from SSE? I know for a fact that the O and the V sections are missing in Brawl's BRSTMs, so...

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on July 11, 2013, 11:48:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it's because of the platform itself.
You know how most platforms move from one side to other? For example, the platform in Smashville?

Well the "teleporting" platforms are just platforms with one frame to move from one side to another as opposed to just dragging along the stage.

On a more pertinent note, will there ever be a way to have custom soundtracks for each stage? As in actually custom songs and not stealing slots from SSE? I know for a fact that the O and the V sections are missing in Brawl's BRSTMs, so...
While surfing brawlvault I found out that the beta flat zone stage wasn`t made by him so I removed the comment

Quote from: Knight~ on July 10, 2013, 11:47:42 PM
I have a question, in the "Extras" folder you can find the Trophy Tussle Stages, what am I supposed to do with them? I mean, do I have to replace an existing STGCUSTOMXX.pac, or can they be added as separated stages?
You'd have to replace an existing STGCUSTOM##.pac, or some other stage in the game (STGTENGAN might be nice since there are 3 of them anyway - don't forget the FD .rel file though!)
Quote from: Knight~ on July 10, 2013, 11:47:42 PM
Also, found a StrapEn file, what's the difference between this one and the original one?
The text is orange. That's just so you know it's working. It's not anything important :)

Quote from: QQQQQQQ7777777 on July 11, 2013, 01:46:19 AM
Problem: Bug
Version: Project M 5.3m

When I use the strike out feature of Project M, if I use it anywhere (I have tested with every stage) it will take out all stages exept for:

All Default Project M stages, Brinstar Depths Beta, Flat Zone Beta, Melee Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Venom, Melee Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Snag the Trophies, SSB64 Peach`s Castle, Planet Zebes, and SSB64 Yoshi`s Island.

All other Stages are removed from the list completely (until you go back to the menu screen)

if you can`t fix this I don`t care, its not that important, just stating what I found
Yeah, I noticed this. I don't think I can fix it, though.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 11, 2013, 11:59:32 PM
You'd have to replace an existing STGCUSTOM##.pac, or some other stage in the game (STGTENGAN might be nice since there are 3 of them anyway - don't forget the FD .rel file though!)

Nice idea. There's only one "st_tengan" .rel, I guess it will work for the 3 stages, right?

Quote from: Knight~ on July 12, 2013, 12:49:36 AM
Nice idea. There's only one "st_tengan" .rel, I guess it will work for the 3 stages, right?
Yeah. All 3 stages use the same .rel file.

Quote from: Szasz on July 10, 2013, 04:35:22 AM

Brawl+ pretty much grew into Project M, but Brawl+ had a different philosophy. It was meant to be a fun and fast paced version of brawl. It was never going to be melee 2.0. As it was the first brawl mod however, the team had organization issues, and the project crumbled, leaving polish and finalization yet to be completed. As Project M is a mod with an active development team, it means that it can achieve the greatest balance found in a smash game ever, even more than smash64.

brawl+ is very fun though.

quantitative facts that favour Project: M would be things like crew mode, buffer settings, and the purging of the input delay present in every other version of brawl.

I've never had a stage be visible and then disappear shortly after. "giant metroid dude"?

specifics are everything... are you playing on orpheon (with a parasite queen)? metroid laboratory? sounds like rel file issues, but I really don't know.

I'm sorry, I haven't gotten around to looking at this for the past couple of days, I'll post a video of the error when I get the chance.
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Quote from: bluenote22 on July 08, 2013, 04:25:05 AM
Thanks to libertyernie, the expansion stages now work.

But when I try to play Brinstar Depths, the stage just disappears... does anyone else have this problem?

Something similar happens to me, but it doesn't affect the gameplay. At the end of every match (when the announcer says "GAME"), the stage starts blinking and throws the last standing player to the bottom killing him/her, it's not a big problem, the player gets the win without going to Sudden Death.

Maybe you should download Brinstar Depths separately from the other expansion stages. or check for an older or newer version of it.

No.  That's been a problem since the first date it was out for me.  Even without the Expansion.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Here's what I was talking about:

Classic Expansion Pack Brinstar Depths Error

Yeah, I'm considedring just redownloading Brinstar from the vault
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Quote from: Szasz on July 08, 2013, 08:36:48 PM
Libertyernie, no one is working on brawl+, brawl-, or balanced brawl anymore. However, those who played brawl+ most likely moved on to Project M, while brawl- set out with such a different attitude that it remains a distinct alternative to P:M.

And yes, as SSE Jungle is in P:M, it makes sense to have it both versions ( the more the merrier when it comes to versions/choices).

Bluenote, you have to be much much more specific when asking for help. Details are everything when diagnosing brawl mod issues. Does the background disappear? how long does the stage stay visible for?

Great work as always Libert.

You need to get your facts straight... NOW. I'm a member of Brawl Minus's dev team and yes, that actually offended me. We've been working our asses off making another version that we plan on releasing before the end of the year... and we do have a few of our own stages planned.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Maybe the problem with Brinstar Depths has something to do with one of the Brawl+ codes? That's the only thing I can think of right now.

Would you want me to go and test all the stages from the expansion pack and document what errors (if any) I come across with Brawl+??
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

July 17, 2013, 01:33:02 AM #987 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:37:08 AM by QQQQQQQ7777777
Project M News: 1. Metaknight 2. Comes out tomorrow 3. No it doesn`t have Classic Expantion so that means more work for you

Quote from: bluenote22 on July 16, 2013, 06:27:28 PM
Would you want me to go and test all the stages from the expansion pack and document what errors (if any) I come across with Brawl+??
I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Don't feel like you have to, though.

There will be a stage expansion for P.M 2.6 in the future?