Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Okay, I now know what i'm doing.

I'm combining this with a custom css and just borrowing some codes from brawl for the physics.

My question is, to merge the two common5.pac's what do I have to extract out of this one to insert into the css's common5?

The way u made this pack is completely differant from any other one u made im guessing becuz it much more complicated xD
1. My game freezes wen im not playing hacked brawl (if SD is in wii)
2. Doesnt work with riivoluton 50% of time even wen i have the special file that allows the pack to work with riivolution
3. Has extra files on root of SD dat i got NO idea what to do with ahaha
Im so confused but want this pack SO BAD :p Could u maybe make a pack for ppl who already have everything needed or is dat to much to ask??? xD

you made a P:M version, didnt you?
cant seem to find it in the OP

Quote from: rax189 on April 25, 2013, 03:00:05 AM
The way u made this pack is completely differant from any other one u made im guessing becuz it much more complicated xD
1. My game freezes wen im not playing hacked brawl (if SD is in wii)
2. Doesnt work with riivoluton 50% of time even wen i have the special file that allows the pack to work with riivolution
3. Has extra files on root of SD dat i got NO idea what to do with ahaha
Im so confused but want this pack SO BAD :p Could u maybe make a pack for ppl who already have everything needed or is dat to much to ask??? xD

I'd recommend using Riivolution for Gecko users, I really see no reason not to. Unless you have like 3 versions of Brawl that you play regularly but only one SD card.

Post Merge: April 25, 2013, 10:53:22 AM

Also liberty, your expansion got Minus 2X6. Whenever I try adding the codes for individual CSS slots on ZSS/Sheik, and Individual Pokemon, no differences are really there. Any idea why that is? I actually need it to be done with the Purple background and whatnot but that always results in a freeze for me. And no one else on the Minus team seems to be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: rax189 on April 25, 2013, 03:00:05 AM
The way u made this pack is completely differant from any other one u made im guessing becuz it much more complicated xD
1. My game freezes wen im not playing hacked brawl (if SD is in wii)
2. Doesnt work with riivoluton 50% of time even wen i have the special file that allows the pack to work with riivolution
3. Has extra files on root of SD dat i got NO idea what to do with ahaha
Im so confused but want this pack SO BAD :p Could u maybe make a pack for ppl who already have everything needed or is dat to much to ask??? xD
1. Didn't it always do that (because of smash stack)?
2. I can't help with Riivolution, sorry.
3. Some of those files probably aren't needed. Those MiscData files just have my custom data that's already in info.pac or common5.pac anyway.
I can't easily make a pack for people who already have old versions, though, since I renamed all the stages. It was getting complicated to keep track of, and that's why I decided to do that. :/

Quote from: joke king on April 25, 2013, 07:52:21 AM
you made a P:M version, didnt you?
cant seem to find it in the OP

Go to this post by me, and click the show spoilers button.

Quote from: Kienamaru on April 25, 2013, 10:51:22 AM
Also liberty, your expansion got Minus 2X6. Whenever I try adding the codes for individual CSS slots on ZSS/Sheik, and Individual Pokemon, no differences are really there. Any idea why that is? I actually need it to be done with the Purple background and whatnot but that always results in a freeze for me. And no one else on the Minus team seems to be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Are you putting your changes in the right .gct file? If there's a file in /data/gecko/codes, it overrides the one in /codes. Just a wild guess. (It's hard to know what's going on, for sure - these things can get very confusing.)
P.S. If you want to know if you're really in Brawl- or not, try shooting some Toon Link arrows ;)

I uh... that's not the issue. The issue is trying to use the expansion with the normal Minus Character select screen. the rest would be me restating my issue. We're thinking about doing something unique with Pokemon down B moves and well, without getting the codes to work properly that's an issue.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: libertyernie on April 25, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
1. Didn't it always do that (because of smash stack)?
2. I can't help with Riivolution, sorry.
3. Some of those files probably aren't needed. Those MiscData files just have my custom data that's already in info.pac or common5.pac anyway.
I can't easily make a pack for people who already have old versions, though, since I renamed all the stages. It was getting complicated to keep track of, and that's why I decided to do that. :/

Go to this post by me, and click the show spoilers button.
Are you putting your changes in the right .gct file? If there's a file in /data/gecko/codes, it overrides the one in /codes. Just a wild guess. (It's hard to know what's going on, for sure - these things can get very confusing.)
P.S. If you want to know if you're really in Brawl- or not, try shooting some Toon Link arrows ;)
Usually, all u need to make it work with riivo for gecko users is a simple file in the pf folder, all other expansions ive tried work with this file except for urs and i got no idea why xD but yea ill figure it out eventuallly

Thank you libertyernie for compiling this amazing level pack! Do you have plans to create your own 'classic' character texture pack that is compatible with Project M? For example, somebody had the idea on SmashBaords of making the last color of each character a Melee texture but keeping the rest the same. Does anybody know if something like this has been compiled by somebody already?

Quote from: VideogameScrapbook on May 01, 2013, 01:04:05 AM
Thank you libertyernie for compiling this amazing level pack! Do you have plans to create your own 'classic' character texture pack that is compatible with Project M? For example, somebody had the idea on SmashBaords of making the last color of each character a Melee texture but keeping the rest the same. Does anybody know if something like this has been compiled by somebody already?

I was working on using the Melee Showcase hacks over the most hideous of each characters slots.  But, I got busy with school...maybe I'll start it again...


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

it should also include the N64 models that have been released

Quote from: Kienamaru on April 25, 2013, 05:25:12 PM
I uh... that's not the issue. The issue is trying to use the expansion with the normal Minus Character select screen. the rest would be me restating my issue. We're thinking about doing something unique with Pokemon down B moves and well, without getting the codes to work properly that's an issue.

Oh, the common5 with the normal portraits? Now that I think about it, I might have had a similar issue. It could be a filesize thing - I'll try making the images smaller and see if it works then.

EDIT: Try this common5 (for CEP 5.3 and Brawl- 2.x.6): http://www.mediafire.com/?24vjbgixc18oba8
I took the sc_selcharacter_en out of the one with normal portraits and put it in my working common5.

Is ther ANYBODY who has gotten this pack to work with riivolution who could make me a simple pack including only what i need if i already have homebrew. Basically download the pack, add the riivolution stuff, the file that makes it work with riivolution, upload it to the internet and pm it to me :D hahaha sry but im getting fustrated with how complicated it is

Hey libertyernie
Can I post that pack here once I finish it?
I can include a PM version and a Normal Version...
Melee & N64 Imports/Vertexes over the most hideous slots (and any ideas what to do about the characters that only have enough for teams and no others?


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: rax189 on May 02, 2013, 01:55:03 AM
Is ther ANYBODY who has gotten this pack to work with riivolution who could make me a simple pack including only what i need if i already have homebrew. Basically download the pack, add the riivolution stuff, the file that makes it work with riivolution, upload it to the internet and pm it to me :D hahaha sry but im getting fustrated with how complicated it is

This should only require adding lines of code to the riivolution.xml file. I could do that if I know exactly what's in this thing.

Edit: Correction: "projectm.xml" instead of riivolution.
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Quote from: xNoobxSaibotx on May 02, 2013, 03:34:59 AM
This should only require adding lines of code to the riivolution.xml file. I could do that if I know exactly what's in this thing.

Edit: Correction: "projectm.xml" instead of riivolution.
where do i put it once i download it though? inside riivolution or riivolution/config or in apps/riivolution????? lol