Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Hey, I'm having a little trouble, maybe someone can help? When I finish installing this and try to play it, it shows like twenty Skylofts and Training Rooms on Project M 3.0. When I play any Skyloft or Training Room, the game freezes.

Pictures:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63505960/20140112_164327.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63505960/20140112_164312.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you have the right GCT, but you don't have the right common5 or the stage .pac/.rel files (the pacs and/or rels are missing.)

Thanks for the update.  Also, the stage expansion template is really useful, good job.

January 15, 2014, 05:18:29 PM #1128 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:00:54 PM by libertyernie
I'm going to make a new version of the Brawl version of the pack. I'll put one additional stage onto the SSS, and reorganize them all. There will be just one version, not two, like the P:M version; right now I'm thinking I'll put in four P:M stages, two Brawl- stages, and one SSE stage (probably Midair Stadium - it's used in Brawl's "how to play" video.) Another idea for the slot would be to have the 3rd phase of Castle Siege, as its own stage.

Here's my plan right now. Uppercase letters means "already in Brawl"; an asterisk means "from Project M 3.02". EDIT: I had to change this - since both screens will have 39 stages now, they have to have the same number of icons in each row.

Screen 1 (last 2 rows)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

now i have the stage expansion working!!! but i have a problem with the music on some stages that dosent play music and other have incorrect music like bridge of eldin dosent play any of the zelda songs and sector z donsent play any theme!!! please help.  im using the stage expansion for project m.

Quote from: robinpup on January 15, 2014, 11:32:39 PM
now i have the stage expansion working!!! but i have a problem with the music on some stages that dosent play music and other have incorrect music like bridge of eldin dosent play any of the zelda songs and sector z donsent play any theme!!! please help.  im using the stage expansion for project m.

Did you get all those BRSTM files in sound/strm folder that start with X, Y and Z?

Quote from: Alm5252 on January 16, 2014, 07:46:18 PM
What are some changes you did to Icicle Mountain and Great Bay? I changed the camera and collisions along with rotating Great Bay a bit to mimic Melee's camera.

Just asking incase you may want me to send what I did so you can check them out. I haven't had a chance to download and see if you made any changes to some of the stages. Didn't read much either, so sorry if you did do tons of changes.

EDIT: I also fixed the camera for Mushroom Kingdom Melee. It looks similar to Melee's now.
I don't remember quite what changes I made, but I'm pretty sure it was just Value17 and Value19.

Now that Brawl Minus 1.0 is out, will you be updating the CEP for Brawl- as well?

Quote from: MrJazzbo on January 17, 2014, 01:01:58 PM
Now that Brawl Minus 1.0 is out, will you be updating the CEP for Brawl- as well?
Eventually. I don't know yet what it'll look like.

How do you edit the camera anyway? What values do you need to change? I've always wondered about that.

Just got this. love it. No complaints. What is Bridge Of Eldin's file name. (not STGOLDIN where Hyrule 64 is)

QuoteI'm not very techy about "values" and stuff with editing the camera, but I usually start off by finding a camera from a stage I want, I think in this case I used Final Destinations (Project M version) and replaced both the STPM files for MK Melee. From there I loaded the stage to see the camera difference, went back in Brawlbox and edited the "Minimum" and "Maximum" values through trial and error till I got the results I liked / looked similar to Melee's.

I can't get Mushroom Kingdom Melee's camera to work properly using Mushroomy Kingdom's rel file though, so I'm limited to the Yoshi's Island 9 Blocks.

I'll send my version to you if you would like. Smiley

I'm learning all this on my own because I haven't been able to find a tutorial.

Well, try out the version in my pack too, and if you think yours looks better, either send it to be or upload it to BrawlVault so I can use it next time. It's hard for me to judge these sort of changes with just my eyes :P

QuoteJust got this. love it. No complaints. What is Bridge Of Eldin's file name. (not STGOLDIN where Hyrule 64 is)
STGCUSTOM06.

By the way, here's what I'm thinking for those 6 stages in the poll.
PM/Brawl-:

  • Dracula's Castle (PM)
  • Skyloft (PM)
  • Distant Planet (PM)
  • Rumble Falls (PM)
  • New Pork City (Brawl-)
  • Lavaville (Brawl-)
PM/Brawl-/fangames:

  • Dracula's Castle (PM)
  • Skyloft (PM)
  • New Pork City (Brawl-)
  • Jungle Hijinx (Super Smash Flash 2)
  • Rice Beach (Super Smash Bros Crusade)
  • Underground (Super Smash Land)
Those last 2 stages are mine, by the way ;)

How would one go about to combine this with the ISO builder? I understand that you need to change a few things, as otherwise the stage select menu becomes glitched, though I'm not sure specifically what needs to be changed. Got any tips? :[

The poll is about tied, but I'm going to go ahead and put those 3 fan-game stages in there.
So here's another poll: what Brawl- stage should I use?

Also, I will make the Brawl pack work with Brawl-, but I'm going to rearrange a few stages from what Brawl- has. (Whatever Brawl- stage I end up using will be replaced with the Yoshi's Island (Melee) stage; that stage slot will be replaced with regular Yoshi's Island (Melee); and Mushroomy Kingdom, Bridge of Eldin and Temple will be put back to the Brawl versions.)