Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Official KC:MM Project Zero. (READ LATEST POST!)  (Read 12290 times)
lYIaXeD OuT
Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 07:53:08 AM »

Sadly no, I have no experience what so ever, although I would love to help out on this project because I do take great interest in it, I just dont know how to animate. I would love to learn how though. Happy Face But what programs do I need and what would I learn from?
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:04:05 AM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 08:15:18 AM »

Sadly no, I have no experience what so ever, although I would love to help out on this project because I do take great interest in it, I just dont know how to animate. I would love to learn how though. Happy Face But what programs do I need and what would I learn from?

Well. Mostly you need BrawlBox, and that's it. You also need the FitMotion.pac we're using for Zero.

As for jumping ship on the TvC Model. For now, that is up in the air. Cause I'm going to think about it some before I come to a decision, considering said decision will either mean we lose all the progress we do have, or that we continue as we were (well, as you were, since I have decided I must find my motivation to work on Zero before I work on him again).

All I ask is that you don't get so far ahead of me that I'll have practically been useless for the animation stage of the project. I want to at least be of some help, even if it takes me a while to get back onto my feet (so to speak).

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »

Well BeyoundYou's new vertex is pretty realistic compared to the real thing, and doesn't the model cause glitching anyways?
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:21:58 PM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »

Well BeyoundYou's new vertex is pretty realistic compared to the real thing, and doesn't the model cause glitching anyways?

Well. You have to consider that there has been (albeit small, but substantial in it's own right) work done on this using the TvC model, and switching models will mean starting from scratch.

Despite the idea of using TvC animations. I honestly think doing that would make it represent TvC more than Zero himself. I will agree to use them for some of the animations. Such as jumps, WalkMiddle and Fast. (If Nuke will agree). However, I would like the majority (if not all) the attack animations to be custom animations.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 05:16:04 PM »

As far as the bone-related glitches, I've found stuff related to them before (like what bone takes the place of TransN and stuff like that). It'll take a little bit and some PSA work to fix this problem but we're more concerned about making animations before doing any PSA work.

And as far as the TvC animations, I think that they'd be useful but they can only go so far. Many of them don't fit in Brawl, and some could be modified so they aren't TvC-ish. Ryuenjin and Rising are extremely similar, for instance. Custom animations would make everything seem more original though.

That being said, Eldiran made a PSA that fits the vertex. SDoOm wants to make a PSA I assume using the vertex. If we use the TvC model it would be something original that hasn't really been done that much and it would add that much character to the...well, character. It's not like Zero's going to be the new Shadow anytime soon, but hopefully the point can get across. Also, the hair's easier to work with on the import. Dunno why...

IMIax, I'll send you a PM soon with all the materials you'll need to work on this. And Velen, since you're not going to work on this for a while, can you send me the animations that you have done for Zero? The motionetc you sent me when I first started was a fairly old one.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

As far as the bone-related glitches, I've found stuff related to them before (like what bone takes the place of TransN and stuff like that). It'll take a little bit and some PSA work to fix this problem but we're more concerned about making animations before doing any PSA work.

And as far as the TvC animations, I think that they'd be useful but they can only go so far. Many of them don't fit in Brawl, and some could be modified so they aren't TvC-ish. Ryuenjin and Rising are extremely similar, for instance. Custom animations would make everything seem more original though.

That being said, Eldiran made a PSA that fits the vertex. SDoOm wants to make a PSA I assume using the vertex. If we use the TvC model it would be something original that hasn't really been done that much and it would add that much character to the...well, character. It's not like Zero's going to be the new Shadow anytime soon, but hopefully the point can get across. Also, the hair's easier to work with on the import. Dunno why...

IMIax, I'll send you a PM soon with all the materials you'll need to work on this. And Velen, since you're not going to work on this for a while, can you send me the animations that you have done for Zero? The motionetc you sent me when I first started was a fairly old one.

The one I have doesn't have much done on it at all, there is pretty much no changes at all except for the pose for the JumpF animation.

I'll work on Zero once I find the motivation. it could be a month, it could be till the summer. I dunno...-but I intend on finishing what I started.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

Ok well dont expect me to pick up on this in like a day or even a week. Because like I said, I have NO experience what so ever so i'm a complete newbie.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »

Somewhat small update on this: I was able to extract the 4 extra eye reaction/emotion textures and the extra three mouth reaction textures from 0001.brres in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. Turns out that the only problem the textures had were alpha-1 channels, or transparency. Also, tga works in photoshop much better than png...

I have all 7 textures sitting in a folder, fixed and set to go. And all of a sudden the eye_in textures make more sense now. So we don't have to make any new textures at all. Also, I have all the recolors and a proper version of the s_zero textures as well, if it means anything. Looking at the bones and polygons and such, I think that the unused bones like w2_anything and whatnot were intended for Sougenmu, along with the W_Zero textures. I could be stating the obvious, but whatever.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »

I dont understand why people do things even though someone else is doing the same thing. So I know your PSA is going to be allot different from SDo0m's so you are still going to continue right? (provided the fact that you find your motivation)

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »

I dont understand why people do things even though someone else is doing the same thing. So I know your PSA is going to be allot different from SDo0m's so you are still going to continue right? (provided the fact that you find your motivation)

Yes...

-and you answered your own query. SDo0M's PSA will be a lot different from mine (being that is will be based of Zero from the MMX games only).

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »

I would've never made my idea if it was gonna be the same as Velen's ¬_¬  I remember Velen before saying that he didn't really want aspects of TvC and MvC3 in his one, so I put them in mine instead. 

And the reason I do stuff like Shadow and Cloud, is because I wasn't satisfied with previous efforts so I wanted to make my own.  But enough about my stuff, how's progress going Velen?

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »

Well, I'm in a sharing kind of mood today. Seeing as to how none of us have worked on this in a while, I might as well give you guys a preview of what I've done so far. I only made 5 animated GIFs, mainly because I don't feel like making more of them  Im srs here.
    So, anyway, here goes:

Note that chances are the GIFs don't play anywhere near the speed they're supposed to. Most of these are between 15 and 30 frames.

Z-Buster Startup: This is the startup lag, pretty much. I decided to make the Z-Buster anims look like X3 since I like that style better than in X5 for some reason.

Z-Buster Shot: This is for a basic uncharged shot, styled to be like Zero in X3. Again, I like this style the best.

Z-Buster Charge Shot 1: Again, if there was going to be a combo for his b move, X3 seemed like the logical conclusion. I know there's a pattern here, but I made both shots for a combo. Aaand...Adobe Fireworks doesn't want to work for me today so I can't get this one up for a little while. But I have the animation finished and all the frame shots. For a frame of reference, look at Zero's first shot on a charged shot, and you have the idea.

Damage Anim: Yeah, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Probably going to fine-tune it since I was in a bit of a rush when I did that.

Handle Hit: What the s-tilt attack in the moveset is intended to do. Zero twists his arm as he attacks with the hilt of his z-saber.

Falling: This one was ported over from the original community pack, I had to change all of the translations to be 11x what they were originally (what, with the resized model and all). I changed a couple of others, and these probably won't stay final unless they agree with jumping.

So, yeah, this is what I was working on before I just kinda put it on halt...Let me know what you think of this, or any improvements, or anything of the sort. I want to keep getting better at animating, and your thoughts will help me a lot with that.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »

I haven't been working on Zero due to pressure from school and my lack of motivation to do it.

The side tilt animation is nice, but Zero needs to move suddenly along with the swing. The movement he's making right now with his torso is too fluent, and isn't sudden. Lastly, I think it's too "sideways", I would have him lunge forward slightly, putting his weight onto his left leg, swing, then retract.

Gotta go, class time.

Dan218
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »

so any progress

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »

Unknown. Probably not.

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: