Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Yes! Thank you. Great blog feature. I could read it everyday. Or just all the time without even stopping.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

^ I can do the same thing with garlic bread. but eating instead of reading [/scottpilgrimreferance]
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

haloedhero, when are you going to vote for the 6 t-shirts?
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Impressive PSA. There are only 2 things that bug me atm.

1 - He's too small in the results screen. If you don't want to touch animations, there's a attribute you can mod to help. It's the character results screen scale at 0xB8.

2 - His fast fall terminal velocity is too low for a character that falls like this.
That's controlled by attribute 0x84.

For Scott's current Terminal velocity, I recommend the Fast Fall Terminal Velocity be 2.45.

The AI is silly, but that's to be expected with PSAs. It is possible to use certain character's AIs for recovery situations BTW, like how Gray Fox uses Falco's AI for recovery.

Oh yea.
I noticed that about him.
Why is he tiny at the results screen?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 31, 2011, 02:47:47 AM
Impressive PSA. There are only 2 things that bug me atm.

1 - He's too small in the results screen. If you don't want to touch animations, there's a attribute you can mod to help. It's the character results screen scale at 0xB8.

2 - His fast fall terminal velocity is too low for a character that falls like this.
That's controlled by attribute 0x84.

For Scott's current Terminal velocity, I recommend the Fast Fall Terminal Velocity be 2.45.

Glad you like it. As for the results screen size, I actually made him small (using that attribute) on purpose. If he's bigger, you can't really see the win animations, because Lucas crouches in his win animations, so the camera is too close and low. If I made him bigger, I'd need to be able to adjust the results screen camera. If that's possible, let me know, but as of now I don't know how.

Thank you for the suggestion of the fastfall terminal velocity. It's hard to get good feedback on that kind of thing. I appreciate it.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 31, 2011, 02:47:47 AM

The AI is silly, but that's to be expected with PSAs. It is possible to use certain character's AIs for recovery situations BTW, like how Gray Fox uses Falco's AI for recovery.

Yeah, I thought so, since I remembered the PM team saying they used Mario's recovery AI for Sheik in the demo, but where would I go about switching just the recovery AI? I know how to do the whole AI, but I don't know which part is what.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

FitLucasResult.pac has camera specks IIRC. Check the animations in there.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 31, 2011, 02:59:54 AM
FitLucasResult.pac has camera specks IIRC. Check the animations in there.

Ah, duh, that makes sense. Thanks.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on August 31, 2011, 02:57:49 AM
Yeah, I thought so, since I remembered the PM team saying they used Mario's recovery AI for Sheik in the demo, but where would I go about switching just the recovery AI? I know how to do the whole AI, but I don't know which part is what.
Isn't there some AI editor program now? You can probably copy/paste the AI properties of characters into others. Someone on smashboards made it I think... there was some discussion thread here though, but I can't find it nor the link to the smashboards page.

For now, the AI will remain Fox's AI. However, I will hopefully be able to release a new version tonight or tomorrow that includes the down taunt. It also includes some subtle changes, which include letting neutral air cancel into itself again, but later than it can cancel into other moves.

As for the results screen size, I couldn't find anything to change the camera, so... that won't be changing for now.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

I came here to tell you something.

I love the down taunt. :vyse:

kthnxbai
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Thanks. I think I'm still going to polish the animation a bit, but I'm glad you like it.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Hey, awesome hack but i still think it needs more attack power or resistance =/. Maybe an OP version could be cool.

Not really. I think dair needs more Base Knockback for to balance the extreme risk of using it.

Other than that it seems fine.

Also, Do you have Tabuu?
Then you can confirm my theory about how the game plays certain SFX during special conditions like Death/Blasting Off and Otto.
Quote
I wasn't 100% where to put this but this does influence what certain commands play so here.

SoundDataList notes
Pack 1 = Damage Voice clip IDs
Pack 2 = More damage Voice Clip IDS?
Pack 3 = Low/Charge/Grunt Voice clips IDs
Pack 4 = Death SFX/Blasting Off & hoshikie SFX/Crowd Cheer SFX IDs
Pack 5 = otto SFX IDs
Pack 6 = FS chant IDs(sometimes -1) since it isn't randomized

You need Tabuu or a hex editor to mod these properly.

This supposedly alters what SFX IDs commands such as Low voice Clip, Otto voice Clip, and Damage voice Clip play.

Just replace the SFX IDs with FFFFFFFF and no sound should play.

Edit: Confirmed to be working.