KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 18, 2013, 11:15:11 PM
KJP, check that request thread you made.

...

Also, happy birthday. :P
Thanks, Jiro. :P

Quote from: zutox on May 18, 2013, 11:27:16 PM
How about..: Holy [censored]ing Sh*t It's A Dinosaur!

XD
I don't think that can be looped. :P

Quote from: zutox on May 18, 2013, 11:27:16 PMAlso, happy birthday!?
Today's my birthday. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglyTits on May 19, 2013, 12:21:47 AM
Thanks, Jiro. :P
I don't think that can be looped. :P
Today's my birthday. :P

A VERY happy birthday to you then, may it be a good one :D

Also that song has already been looped if you google it, but it was more of a joke (a happy one!) than anything else, you know, for giggles :P  So anyways, have a really good birthday!
You Never Know!

*Ahem*

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Dat Bicycle Kick looks pretty good. o.o

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Feel free to post your thoughts on the Public Demo.

Quote from: Velen on May 19, 2013, 03:04:17 AM
Dat Bicycle Kick looks pretty good. o.o
Thank you. The Animation took me at least an hour to make. I'm glad to see that it was worth it.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I too have to give credit to that awesome bicycle kick :D

Gotta admit though that I find the "Hadoucken" fireball thing really odd on raptor. I personally would rather see him use only close combat moves, being Raptor and all.
If wanting range on it, how about an attack that has him jumping up, then curling into a "wheel" then rolling forward for a little distance? It shouldn't make him go into helpless after though.

His normal A kicking move is okay, but I would have liked to see him maybe slash with his hand claws before starting to kick. In general, a few more attacks using his handclaws wouldn't be bad at all.

I'll give some more feedback once I have had a chance to test him out more thoroughly :)
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 AM
I too have to give credit to that awesome bicycle kick :D
Thank you. =D

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 AM
I too have to give credit to that awesome bicycle kick :D

Gotta admit though that I find the "Hadoucken" fireball thing really odd on raptor.
It's supposed to be Riptor's fireball move.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 AMI personally would rather see him use only close combat moves, being Raptor and all.
If wanting range on it, how about an attack that has him jumping up, then curling into a "wheel" then rolling forward for a little distance? It shouldn't make him go into helpless after though.
I have something similar planned for his/her Up Special.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 AMHis normal A kicking move is okay, but I would have liked to see him maybe slash with his hand claws before starting to kick. In general, a few more attacks using his handclaws wouldn't be bad at all.
I tried, but his/her arms aren't really long enough. But I can try again.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 AMI'll give some more feedback once I have had a chance to test him out more thoroughly :)
Alrighty then.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Another thing you could do with the A combo kicks are to slightly modify them for raptor so that he will be kicking downwards instead, slashing with his raptor talon, like a boss! :D

I have gotten a freeze twice, but this is when I grab the smash ball and Raptor starts using Wolfs tank, so I am thinking this is something that will disappear once his FS is implemented.
I like the charge ahead side B, but I'd really like to see it be a little better at setting up for a combo, or have it become a combo move on it's own. In the air at least.
Like if you are falling down and your opponent had jumped up after you, you use side B and connect raptor will either latch onto his victim and stomp him down into the ground, or become a spinning tornado of talons, spinning quickly downward causing several hits with low damage while dragging his opponent down with him. Raptor should then go into free fall, to keep the move from being used all the time as if you use it unwisely, you will end up falling off stage.

About riptors fireball move. I will admit once you told me what it was it did fit a lot better, though, shouldn't it be like almost a glowing green, and not teal in color?

His side A in air is still wolfs, and I understand he is a demo. I remember you showing some raptor animations that we gave feedback on quite some time ago. You had an animation back then where raptor rolled forward and hit his opponent with the tip of his tail as an air move. I think this would fit well here.

Actually, you had quite a lot of pretty nice animations back then that I haven't seen on this version.
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PM
Another thing you could do with the A combo kicks are to slightly modify them for raptor so that he will be kicking downwards instead, slashing with his raptor talon, like a boss! :D
I'm not sure. If I did, it would take a while to do, since the legs are keyframed in all 21 Frames.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PM
I have gotten a freeze twice, but this is when I grab the smash ball and Raptor starts using Wolfs tank, so I am thinking this is something that will disappear once his FS is implemented.
Alright. I'll fix that up and upload the update as soon as possible.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PM
I like the charge ahead side B, but I'd really like to see it be a little better at setting up for a combo, or have it become a combo move on it's own. In the air at least.
Like if you are falling down and your opponent had jumped up after you, you use side B and connect raptor will either latch onto his victim and stomp him down into the ground, or become a spinning tornado of talons, spinning quickly downward causing several hits with low damage while dragging his opponent down with him. Raptor should then go into free fall, to keep the move from being used all the time as if you use it unwisely, you will end up falling off stage.
If the initial Hitbox connects during the move, you can press the B Button again to cancel the move. But I'll see if there's a way I can make the move better for combos.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PMAbout riptors fireball move. I will admit once you told me what it was it did fit a lot better, though, shouldn't it be like almost a glowing green, and not teal in color?
I still need to make/use a custom model for the projectile.

Quote from: zutox on May 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PMHis side A in air is still wolfs, and I understand he is a demo. I remember you showing some raptor animations that we gave feedback on quite some time ago. You had an animation back then where raptor rolled forward and hit his opponent with the tip of his tail as an air move. I think this would fit well here.

Actually, you had quite a lot of pretty nice animations back then that I haven't seen on this version.
I lost that Motionpac file a while ago. Also, I couldn't really use the old Animations because of my updated rig. But I could try to replicate some of them again.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

This is a little off topic but I was scrolling through some PSAs today to find some decent ones to pit against Ares in a CPU fight and I was looking at your Scyther PSA but I don't see the moveset on your OP!  Wish it was there   r)
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 24, 2013, 07:38:52 PM
This is a little off topic but I was scrolling through some PSAs today to find some decent ones to pit against Ares in a CPU fight and I was looking at your Scyther PSA but I don't see the moveset on your OP!  Wish it was there   r)
-Omni
I think I removed that a while ago.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24954
But I still have Scizor on the Vault.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I'd like to ask a favor of those who downloaded the Public Demo.

I'd like some feedback and/or suggestions on how the current progress is on things like Animation work, PSA work, and how balanced the current moveset is. Though Balance is a bit more important to me.

zutox has already stated his thoughts and suggestions, but I need more than that.

That's one reason why I planned Public Demos in the first place.

All forms of feedback are welcome, though video feedback would be much appreciated.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike (Wii) (Review Lagoon Quick Look)

Watch from 3:25

This should be relevant :D
I was thinking about the animation from the headbutt Raptor uses in one of his throws and I felt that it should have a little more .."oomph" behind it, as it looks a bit stiff. Then I saw this and I thought that in general there might be some good ideas in there :)
Gotta love that super strike a little further in the movie as well, there is a nice headbutt combo there.
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on May 25, 2013, 08:25:52 PM
Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike (Wii) (Review Lagoon Quick Look)

Watch from 3:25

This should be relevant :D
I was thinking about the animation from the headbutt Raptor uses in one of his throws and I felt that it should have a little more .."oomph" behind it, as it looks a bit stiff. Then I saw this and I thought that in general there might be some good ideas in there :)
Gotta love that super strike a little further in the movie as well, there is a nice headbutt combo there.
Thank you, zutox.

I'll take a look at the video, and see if I can get any ideas from it.

As for the Forward Throw animation, I know I animated in the recoil effect. I'll see if I can make that show better.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Well KJP you know I love to abuse GFX, and this PSA has one glaring problem: the Fireball  :srs: needs to be fiery and ballier!  So I have around 7 graphics I think would suit your purposes if you're interested?
-Omni

P.S. the PSA itself is good no worries there it was just the fireball graphic that bugged me  ;)