KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 26, 2013, 02:46:46 AM
Well KJP you know I love to abuse GFX, and this PSA has one glaring problem: the Fireball  :srs: needs to be fiery and ballier!  So I have around 7 graphics I think would suit your purposes if you're interested?
-Omni
What is it that you have in mind?

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 26, 2013, 02:46:46 AMP.S. the PSA itself is good no worries there it was just the fireball graphic that bugged me  ;)
It's okay. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Hmm well I just watched a Primal Rage clip, I'm thinking a version of one of my other fireball GFX I'm going to tweak it a bit and get back to you on that
-Omni

May 26, 2013, 11:26:07 PM #4322 Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:39:18 PM by KingJigglypuff
Unrelated to Raptor, but it's a preview nether the less.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2013, 11:08:46 PM
I'm almost done with the Xenomorph rig, so I decided to make a quick pose in BB. All that needs to be done are the thumbs.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've also updated the OP with characters of the past, present, and possible future. So check that out as well if you like. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Hmm I've tried a couple things I thought would look better but they didn't  :srs: so I'm just referring you to my GFX Thread
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
feel free to check it out I believe I have 4, possibly 5, fireball graphics uploaded to the OP and available for download!
-Omni

Firstly, I'd like to say you made a nice job on the rigging, specially on the arms and on the head.

Neutral attack: Firstly, I thought this kick series was a bit odd because it was a bit too unreal for a raptor do this move, but if you think like that, the only think it will do are bites, mostly. So I think it's a fine move.

Side tilt: A simple but fitting attack. I just think you should angle raptor a bit more when you angle it downward, because like this there's not much difference between angled down and not angled.

Up tilt: You should make the theoretical momentum more visable on the jump, as raptor reaches the maximum height and start falling near on the same speed as when he jumped. And I don't know if it was your intention, but it's near impossible hitting someone on the ground with this move.

Down tilt: No problems here, but I think his left leg is a bit "robotic" on this animation.

Dash: I believe you had some hard time doing this, but I liked this attack. I saw that raptor goes a considerable amount of distance forward, which can lead easily to several self destructions in some levels. Of course, the attack can be pretty powerful for a dash, so you must think well before using this. It's a pretty cool idea.

Side smash: I noticed here that raptor's wait1 animation usually tends to push the enemies to beyond the attack's range, but since it's a pretty powerful move for a speed character, may not be that bad.

Down smash: It's weaker than side smash but has a longer range, and I enjoyed on how you made this animation. Seems like if he is angry  :-X

Up smash: More or less the same issue as the side smash, and you should make him crouch a little on the landing. The rest is ok.

I don't have much to say about the aerials, they seem to be fine, but I would make the tail suffer a little more with the momentum on the up aerial.

Forward throw and catch attack: Also good moves. No problems here.

Backward throw: In my opinion, this was the best move you made. Maybe because I was not expecting this kind of throw, but somehow it really impressed me. Good job.  :)

Neutral special: The projectile itselft is ok, but would be more fitting if it was based on some kind of slime, goo or whatever. A raptor spitting fire is weird to me.

Side special: Basically the same one Wolf has. Not much to say either.

Down special: This can make the character a nice character to use, so you may want to ignore some of the issues I said above.


That's pretty much all I gotta say. Sorry if I sounded cranky here, but I tried to be honest. In overall, I can't complain about your psa. I judge it a lot better than 90% of the psas I already downloaded, even if it's not finished. I'll be looking forward your next demos.  :angel:

Thank you, Mortimer.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 27, 2013, 07:23:02 PMSide tilt: A simple but fitting attack. I just think you should angle raptor a bit more when you angle it downward, because like this there's not much difference between angled down and not angled.
I plan to change the Side Tilt animation completely.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 27, 2013, 07:23:02 PM
Up tilt: You should make the theoretical momentum more visable on the jump, as raptor reaches the maximum height and start falling near on the same speed as when he jumped. And I don't know if it was your intention, but it's near impossible hitting someone on the ground with this move.
I planned the Up Tilt to have poor ground range, but great air range.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 27, 2013, 07:23:02 PM
Side smash: I noticed here that raptor's wait1 animation usually tends to push the enemies to beyond the attack's range, but since it's a pretty powerful move for a speed character, may not be that bad.
That's due to the character's collisions.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Just a thought you could have the raptor spit acid/poison as I believe they do in Jurassic Park?  I could be wrong there but I'm pretty sure it also does it in Primal Rage.
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 27, 2013, 08:52:33 PM
Just a thought you could have the raptor spit acid/poison as I believe they do in Jurassic Park?  I could be wrong there but I'm pretty sure it also does it in Primal Rage.
-Omni
lol raptors never spitted poison on any movie or game lol that was another dino
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 27, 2013, 08:52:33 PM
Just a thought you could have the raptor spit acid/poison as I believe they do in Jurassic Park?  I could be wrong there but I'm pretty sure it also does it in Primal Rage.
-Omni
Talon does not have any projectiles.

The dinosaur in Jurassic Park that spits poison is Dilophosaurus, not the Raptors.

Riptor (Killer Instinct) is the only Raptor character that has a projectile.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

>.>

<.<

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Wow, a suggestion I made became a PSA.(I'm R@bid on Smashboards). Can't wait to try this PSA out.

Quote from: This Is A Username on May 31, 2013, 02:42:06 AMWow, a suggestion I made became a PSA.(I'm R@bid on Smashboards). Can't wait to try this PSA out.
Your idea seemed like a great concept. So I had to see if I could get it to work. =P

Thank you for letting me use your idea. =3
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

More Yoshi "Buffdates". No images though. :/ But a video might be coming soon.
-All moves can be interrupted a few Frames earlier than normal.
-Down Tilt hitboxes edited.
-Side Smash hitboxes and damage edited.
-Forward Air hitboxes, speed, and damage edited.
-Back Air hitboxes, speed, and damage edited.
-Up Air hitboxes slightly edited.
-Down Air speed and damage edited.
-Neutral Special can now grab Food Items with his Tongue.
-Side Special received a huge buff. But according to Data, it's too good. So I'll have to find some ways to slightly nerf it.
-Up Special received a slight buff.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Will DLGanondorf be started once this is finished?
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?