KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

June 14, 2014, 07:48:30 PM #5655 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:52:17 PM by TheDarkMysteryMan
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 07:42:44 PM
You're supposed to convert it to RGB, so that's fine. But pencil with color might be your issue. Try the Bucket Tool on Normal with 100% Opacity and 15 - 25 Tolerance.

Here's my example of the same (or similar) colors with my method.

My reasoning for Normal is because sprites use solid colors. Using the Color function with certain colors will result with different effects.
Ex: Using the Color function with white will make the color gray.
I understand that I can use normal and tolerance, but It makes the sprite over saturated. It dosent keep the proper shades of the same color and thus, makes it look kinda flat.

I can try using soft light set at 10 with pencil to get it more rich and also not ruin the shading.

EDIT:actually I might set it to 35

Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on June 14, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
I understand that I can use normal and tolerance, but It makes the sprite over saturated. It dosent keep the proper shades of the same color and thus, makes it look kinda flat.

I can try using soft light set at 10 with pencil to get it more rich and also not ruin the shading.
What I did was use the color picker tool to select specific colors from the sprite and used that color for certain parts, then picked another color for other parts. If it looks too saturated, you cal always lower it with a saturation tool.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on June 14, 2014, 08:12:43 PM
Okay how's this?
Before


After
That looks better.

A suggestion would be to make the bulbs red, the stomach light gray/white, and the throat a semi-light blue.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 08:17:55 PM
That looks better.
A suggestion would be to make the bulbs red, the stomach light gray/white, and the throat a semi-light blue.
Got it chief!
Blam!


June 14, 2014, 08:39:19 PM #5661 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:49:20 PM by TheDarkMysteryMan
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on June 14, 2014, 08:37:12 PM
i liked him better with the yellow bulbs though
Hmmm....I to think it would look good with yellow.

KJP?
or

I'll let the people decide, since I just updated the poll.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 09:04:42 PM
I'll let the people decide, since I just updated the poll.
That looks good. Nicely done.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on June 14, 2014, 09:11:41 PMThat looks good. Nicely done.
Make sure you re-do the Mega Sceptile. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 14, 2014, 09:29:30 PM #5665 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:35:25 PM by TheDarkMysteryMan
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 09:15:09 PM
Make sure you re-do the Mega Sceptile. :P
[Spoiler]

Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on June 14, 2014, 09:29:30 PM
Now make the red into either light gray/white or semi-light blue, then mix yellow (v1) or red (v2) and the new color to make the color for the orange bulbs. Keeping the colors consistent between the Default and Mega are important.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 09:36:29 PM
Now make the red into either light gray/white or semi-light blue, then mix yellow (v1) or red (v2) and the new color to make the color for the orange bulbs. Keeping the colors consistent between the Default and Mega are important.
You mean the red bulbs or the tail base stripe or both?

Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on June 14, 2014, 09:43:41 PM
You mean the red bulbs or the tail base stripe or both?
Everything that's red (except the throat, which should be make the same color as the Default throat).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 14, 2014, 09:45:15 PM
Everything that's red (except the throat, which should be make the same color as the Default throat).
Done