KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

So outside of Sceptile and Deoxys(which are both presumably on hold), what do you plan on doing next?
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Technically, I'm working on 3 projects at once in the meantime. These projects are King K. Rool (group project), Ridley, and Mega Lucario (primarily model fixes).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Here's an update that's a bit more minor than before. All of which are related to Lucario.

There's three things for me to share here.

1.) I've made two additional recolors for Mega Lucario. The album's been updated with two new renders, but if you don't feel like going to the album again, then open the below spoiler.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


2.) In-game previews of all the recolors so far.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3.) I've since made and released non-Mega counterparts for the newly revealed recolors, which can be found here. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214035
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

A bit of a micro update regarding Ridley.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Thanks to PyotrLuzhin, he was able to fix Ridley's fireball placement.

Thanks to Draco_The, we were able to get a custom shadow model working.

Here's a gfycat visual of the new Fireball: https://gfycat.com/BothSpottedGalapagospenguin

I've since sent a bug fix pack to BaganSmashBros (original author of Classic Ridley) for him to update his submission with.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

My two cents:

The animation doesn't start very well, and the fireball starts off too big too. That aside, he doesn't seem to be charging (most of vBrawl's charging animations make the character shake the longer you hold the charge of smash/specials). Ridley doesn't seem to be charging, he seems more like he's holding a ball in his mouth because there's no build-up, and even at the release the recoil doesn't feel like enough (or so it seemed to me by the gif).

On a visual note, some effects could be used to make it a bit cleaner looking, both at charging and fireball release. For an example of release effects, look at Mario's special:



These little details make the action more believable.

As for charging you can find ideas on other characters who build up charge, like Lucario and Samus.

TL;DR: In my personal opinion, even though the animation and movements look great, the final result still looks unpolished. I hope the feedback inputs I made can be helpful in any way.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


The animation is an edit to Bagan's original animation, so I can't really comment much on it, but the only charging attacks that start to shake violently are Smash Attacks. Lucario's Aura Sphere (and by extension, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball) charge doesn't violently shake. Though if it's too much of an issue, I can try my hand at overhauling the Fireball animations.

I can look into additional GFX though.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I return from the dead to give the living haircuts.

I come bearing a preview video for my balance overhaul for BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley.

Enjoy!
! No longer available
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

That looked fascinating.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]




Thanks, everyone! I have a new video today. This time, it's a Classic Mode playrun.

! No longer available
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

New video today. This time, it's showcasing my Brawl port of my balance overhaul to Classic Ridley.
! No longer available
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Triple post, I know, but today's post is a bit of an Easter Basket for everyone...

Open the egg (Spoiler) to see what's inside.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Happy Easter, everyone.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Since I don't play Project M that's the one I'll be getting (the vBrawl version)

Happy Easter!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]