KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: Yubel Pride on March 28, 2011, 08:13:45 AM
KJP, edit button.. every edit to your own comment will make the thread show up as NEW on the section again.
So do not double or even triple post. Someone might report you for it.
:nyeh: OK Pride, will do.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


*facepalm* I hate Lucario, I can't replace any of his External GFX.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

About Zoroark...

1. For some reason, whenever I use hone claws, neutral B, or Fury swipes my GC controller vibrates for the rest of the match or I pause the game.
2. Neutral B sucks. It's got to be one of the most useless moves I have ever seen. PLEASE change it.
3. Everything else is awesome.
If there is evil in this world
it lurks in the hearts of men.
-Edward D. Morrison

Quote from: Herculeswill22 on March 28, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
About Zoroark...

1. For some reason, whenever I use hone claws, neutral B, or Fury swipes my GC controller vibrates for the rest of the match or I pause the game.
2. Neutral B sucks. It's got to be one of the most useless moves I have ever seen. PLEASE change it.
3. Everything else is awesome.
1.) I fixed it.
2.) What don't you like about Shadow Claw?
3.) Thank you.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Shadow claw should have lot of range, like ikes sword length and high knockback strength.

Quote from: Master_Ryuk on March 28, 2011, 07:46:24 PM
Shadow claw should have lot of range, like ikes sword length and high knockback strength.
I'm definitely going to be fixing those I assure you. ;)
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Master_Ryuk on March 28, 2011, 07:46:24 PM
Shadow claw should have lot of range, like ikes sword length and high knockback strength.
Ya. That's my beef with shadow claw.
If there is evil in this world
it lurks in the hearts of men.
-Edward D. Morrison

Zoroark has been slightly updated.

Check the OP or BrawlVault.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: Herculeswill22 on March 28, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
About Zoroark...

1. For some reason, whenever I use hone claws, neutral B, or Fury swipes my GC controller vibrates for the rest of the match or I pause the game.
2. Neutral B sucks. It's got to be one of the most useless moves I have ever seen. PLEASE change it.
3. Everything else is awesome.

1. Also for me
2. You can charge it up
3. Agree!

Check out my threads!
~Music Hacks~
~Texture Hacks~

@gabrielwoj and joaowojcikiewicz: If you test the updated Zoroark, the rumble issue has been fixed, and Shadow Claw has more range and knockback.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Okay, I must say that Zoroark is... pretty good. The Wolf/Lucario hybrid moveset really works, despite not being completely original. I like how you added Darkness to it, as well. The powerup taunts are awesome, but I have two complaints - Zoroark seems to start with them on, and it makes the pummel seem a bit broken. More damage per hit than Bowser, yet extremely quick. Also, Zoroark's Final Smash failed to impress me. Shadow Claw should be able to be either more easily canceled, or be able to do a Reverse Shadow Claw. I'd also make Zoroark a bit... I dunno, faster? Heavier? Less floaty? I can't quite put my finger on it.

I must say, though, I really enjoyed U-Turn. It is my favorite move of Zoroark's, and one of my favorite moves overall. I kinda suck at Brawl, but I can see where it could be used for mindgames and to avoid being punished if the attack is blocked. It is also an amazing recovery move. The only thing I would change would probably make it overpowered - missing in the air could cause an auto-slash, so you could do the flip out of it instead of becoming helpless. Other than that, it seems like a huge improvement over many of the other side-B moves, and changing it the way I said would probably break that move. Finally, Zoroark's animations really work. The attacks, running, etc. all seem natural.

tl;dr? Then...
+Good attack anims
+Darkness
+Taunt Powerups
+++U-Turn, FTW!
-Many animations are the same as Wolf/Lucario
-Slight attribute tweaking would be nice
-Taunt Powerups autotrigger at start (at least in training), and make pummel seem broken
-Shadow Claw should be given more maneuverability
-Final Smash not flashy enough.

@zyborg: Thank you for your feedback. This will help a lot.
And the powerups, don't worry about that. In a real match, the entrance cancels the powerups, so only in Training Mode do you get to start out with the powerups.

And if you download the latest update, some of Zoroark's moves have more range and speed.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I'm glad my review was helpful. Anyways, are you still making a broken version? If so, the effect-less taunt could make Zoroark turn invisible, and make U-Turn a grab instead of an impact, so it could hit through shields.