KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: Tormod on May 08, 2012, 03:56:55 AM
No worries, it definitely will. I've successfully reduced the motion files size from 3383 Kb down to 2435 Kb, which leaves plenty of room. I'm just playing with animations now.

Exactly what did you do?

Because if it was just pressing the 'clean' button on a bunch of attacks... I can do that myself.

But if there is something else that can be done, I'd like to know. Any help is appreciated.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Tormod on May 08, 2012, 03:56:55 AM
No worries, it definitely will. I've successfully reduced the motion files size from 3383 Kb down to 2435 Kb, which leaves plenty of room. I'm just playing with animations now.
o.o

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 08, 2012, 03:09:36 PM
Guessing that's because none of the animations were cleaned?  Or only a handful were?
I did manage to clean the animations that I customly made though. :/
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

May 08, 2012, 04:30:11 PM #3272 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:31:44 PM by Tormod
Quote from: Kagemaru on May 08, 2012, 03:17:42 PM
Exactly what did you do?

Because if it was just pressing the 'clean' button on a bunch of attacks... I can do that myself.

But if there is something else that can be done, I'd like to know. Any help is appreciated.
I didn't use the clean button. In my experience it has never reduced file size at all so I never bother with it. With any animation there tends to be data built up where it's not needed, not just custom ones, the original brawl ones too sometimes. I just got rid of it, that's all.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Quote from: Tormod on May 08, 2012, 04:30:11 PM
I didn't use the clean button. In my experience it has never reduced file size at all so I never bother with it. With any animation there tends to be data built up where it's not needed, not just custom ones, the original brawl ones too sometimes. I just got rid of it, that's all.

I find it to be pretty much essential in my experience and is extremely reliable.  You're probably using maybe 0.63d for most of you animations which is the one version where clean doesn't work at all.

Though what exactly is this unnecessary data that builds up?  I'm very curious.

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 08, 2012, 04:44:20 PM
I find it to be pretty much essential in my experience and is extremely reliable.  You're probably using maybe 0.63d for most of you animations which is the one version where clean doesn't work at all.

Though what exactly is this unnecessary data that builds up?  I'm very curious.

I use v.64, It's the last brawlbox that was released that works on my computer. Though I can't be sure the last time I tried using the clean button, weather it was on .64 or .63. Either way it doesn't get rid of everything it could.

What I'm talking about is the situations mainly that have the translation and scale taking up data (on any bone or every bone) in an animation (again, in any one frame or multiple frames) that it doesn't even change. Over all the animations, all the frames, and all the bones, that stuff adds up. A single frame can take up as much as 2Kb more than it needs to.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

so kjp with raptor finished will you be working on raptor or predator? or you are finishing vegeta first?

*Hopes the predator weapons are working* :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 08, 2012, 06:12:27 PM
so kjp with raptor finished will you be working on raptor or predator? or you are finishing vegeta first?

*Hopes the predator weapons are working* :P
My main priority at the moment is Raptor. But once he's finished, I might either do Predator or Megaman X. But while I'm waiting on Raptor and Predator, I'm revamping an OC that got a good amount of attention. But there will be animation swaps again though. :/ And yes, it is a dual moveset character, but this character isn't Ganondorf, but someone else who uses a sword. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 08, 2012, 06:16:49 PM
My main priority at the moment is Raptor. But once he's finished, I might either do Predator or Megaman X. But while I'm waiting on Raptor and Predator, I'm revamping an OC that got a good amount of attention. But there will be animation swaps again though. :/ And yes, it is a dual moveset character, but this character isn't Ganondorf, but someone else who uses a sword. :P
fun how you talk about ganon being a sword user lol since well we all know wjat he uses his sword for :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 08, 2012, 06:23:22 PM
fun how you talk about ganon being a sword user lol since well we all know wjat he uses his sword for :P
I said Ganon because I made a moveset in which he uses his sword.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 08, 2012, 06:38:50 PM
I said Ganon because I made a moveset in which he uses his sword.
so raptor you are waiting for tormod motionetc while on predator you are waiting for nano to rigg the weapons with low filesize  and your making an oc while you wait that uses sword and none sword moveset well lets see what will come of it xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks like someone deleted their post. >.>
Quote from: -Hero- on May 10, 2012, 02:39:22 AM
I really hope you do X next...

You've had him on hold for a long time.
MarioKing and I will be making a MegaMan X PSA, we just need to have a MMX rig with two hands, instead of one.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

so did raptor lower motionetc worked?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 10, 2012, 06:24:33 PM
so did raptor lower motionetc worked?
Yes it did. :)
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 10, 2012, 06:33:40 PM
Yes it did. :)
any time soon we get to see a video preview?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 10, 2012, 07:01:16 PM
any time soon we get to see a video preview?
I think I'll make a video preview after Tormod makes his animations and I get the PSA done for them.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]