Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Need Peach Help - How can I make her hold her Tennis Racket Constantly?  (Read 4923 times)
charatchan
Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 20, 2011, 04:08:43 AM »

Dear KC,

I am trying to make a custom moveset for Peach.  The new moveset idea is that she can hold her tennis racket constantly and not just use it on her forward smash (doesn't have to be tennis racked, I'll settle for one of her other two forward smash items too).

In addition I am wondering if I will have to modify hitboxes (something I have no clue how to do)... the items have hitboxes on the forward smashes but I don't know if the hitboxes would remain if I were to give her the racked all the time (for regular attacks).

......oh.... and if someone knows, can I change her turnips or Toad to something else... I dunno... like a mini mario or something?

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep" -- Fran Lebowitz

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:18:50 AM »

I can't remember how to do it in PSA, but it is easy to make her perma-hold the racket with a costume slot.

You can change both Toad and her Turnips by replacing them in the motionetc.pac and the common3.pac respectively. Bare in mind that her turnips are unpredictable though.

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »

Yeah, the tennis racket thing is easy in PSA.

As far as the Turnip thing goes, that requires model porting, which luckily have some expirience in. If you want to replace the turnip with toad, you just have to export his model, and re-import it over the turnup.

Now I'm curious, I'm gonna go try that... >.>

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »

I can't remember how to do it in PSA, but it is easy to make her perma-hold the racket with a costume slot.

Yeah, the tennis racket thing is easy in PSA.

x.x XD well, Im certainly glad its possible, and I thank you for sharing.... but how exactly do I go about doing it (assume I know nothing about PSA.... pretty much true... but I'm a quick learner and have already made a custom pose on the results screen for when she loses a match).

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »

Err.... Allow me to PM my friend on that one. I'll get back to you.

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »

Oh please do Roo, I would love to know... I am planning something really nifty with Peach (but I'm kind of slow at this stuff so I wont say what it is in case it takes forever to get done x.x ).

thanks

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »

If you dont mind sharing, what do you have in mind for this moveset?
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:55:52 PM by Roo » Logged

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »

XD quite honestly I would like to make my own Etna moveset.

I know there is a texture for her here, and I am pretty sure someone may already be working on one but when I look around the forums..... MONTHS have passed since any word on the subject was spoken.

I was really sceptical about posting what I was working on for several reasons:
         1.  The "Do you have permission?" reporters.... uh..no...not to use any textures.... but I can mod Peach to move like Etna and post it without any textures and let other users download an Etna on their own (P.S. I DO plan on asking for permission to use the Etna texture IF I get far enough along in my project).

2.  I don't know much about PSA at all... and my requests asking how to do things in PSA have yeilded few results (and I'm better hands on so the tutorials are kinda hard to use XD ).  Because of this I am DREADFULLY slow at anything in PSA and I didn't want to promise anything and then months go by and... well I don't have much done.

3.  Finally I have only figured out how to edit movements and nothing else.  Sadly I will not be able to make any of her actual attacks from the games... thus in making this I'll actually be needing more help than the work actually done myself.  So it was just going to be some minor edits until I learn more.

Ok, with all that said this is what I actually want to do:
    A.  Etna will primarily be based off of a M.U.G.E.N. version of Etna I really enjoy.
    B.  I want her Spear (well since I'm modding "Peach" I cant say spear... lets just say her racket or something) to float behind her (but Im not against her holding it) and she will reach back and grab it when she attacks... this is why I need to know how to edit hitboxes and make her hold the spear constantly.
    C.  I want her forward smash to be a 3 hit combo where she thrusts her Spear (peach's racket or whatever) low, high, then midle
    D.  I want to replace her turnips with Bob-Ombs and remake bob-ombs to be Prinnies
    D -2.  When peach pulls up a turnip I want to replace that sound effect with "Dood"... also I want her to be able to summon turnips (prinnies) while in the air as well x.x
    E.  Change taunts / wait animations to better suit etna

I have the Disgaea anime in english on my computer and plan to use voice clips directly from the anime for her voice and SFX ( XD If I can figure out how).

Ok, so with not much sleep, and it being midnight... that's about what I can remember off the top of my head... there's more, but I think you get the general gist (or is it spelled jist?) at this point ^.^

*Prays to Lord Zoamelgustar that this topic doesn't get flammed now and that I didn't just stay up late messing with Peach's animations for nothing*

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

I have the Disgaea anime in english on my computer and plan to use voice clips directly from the anime for her voice and SFX ( XD If I can figure out how).

Ok, so with not much sleep, and it being midnight... that's about what I can remember off the top of my head... there's more, but I think you get the general gist (or is it spelled jist?) at this point ^.^

*Prays to Lord Zoamelgustar that this topic doesn't get flammed now and that I didn't just stay up late messing with Peach's animations for nothing*

Aww, you wont get flamed. ^^

Anyways, Ah yes Etna... still no Idea who she is... >_>

I think I MAY have the solution to your problem!!
    It doesn't require PSA either, AND it'll help it float behind her at all times!!
    I'm about to try and fix that, and try the toad over turnip hack. If they work, I'll upload them for you. :3

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »

First of all THANK YOU so much for your help ^.^ knowing how to do he floating spear and turnip swap would help out a lot.

Second Etna is a demon from the game Disgaea.  She is vassal to the overlord Laharl (the young son of the recently 'deceased' Overlord Krichevskoy).  In her game she had her memories stolen and is being blackmailed into assassinating Laharl to get them back.  She is sarcastic and can be hateful and although quite skilled in combat she is very manipulative and is trying to steal the title of overlord for herself.

Her primary combat style is using a spear to hit opponents at a distance and special attacks that hit an area (though area specials are pretty common in disgaea hers are rather unique).

I wont say more, don't want to ruin it for people that haven't played.  XD Google has more info if you want it XD

P.S.  Disgaea has a counter system where you auto attack those who attack you (although you only get a certain number of counters per turn per character).  I don't know if I would actually use this in game since there are already 2 characters that can counter.... but just for reference would it be possible to give her a counter move? ( XD and she would say "Punk" when she counters XD........ >.> its from the game).

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »

You studied this didn't you? XD

Also, if you couldn't record the sound effects from the Anime or the Mugen character, you could possibly make the sound effects yourself. :3
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:21:07 PM by Roo » Logged

dialga5
    Expert Kitten

I'm in your house drinking your beer

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »

go to the psa help thread or search "article" in the search find peach and create a new line in wait1 click nop after generating a new line click "generate article" and put the article id for it... it will just be the article, not actually funtioning but you could edit the hit boxes to make it funtion Cheesy there you go you got peach with the tennis racket, or any other character with their respective articles

Somtimes you just know when your destined for great things in the future.

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »

I was just going to rename the bone for her tennis racket... or would that not have worked... >.>

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »

You studied this didn't you? XD

Why of course XD
    And I just like the Disgaea games in general (and Etna appears, one way or another, in all of them... so its not hard to find info on her ^.^ ).

Also, if you couldn't record the sound effects from the Anime or the Mugen character, you could possibly make the sound effects yourself. :3

As to this XD once again I don't know how... BUT apparently I am a very fast learner x.x with hardly any experience in Brawlbox at all I combined two stages together.... and its awesome (but that would be for a new topic entirely, I wont bother with it here).  Now this could also be because the maker of Brawlbox has made it very easy to use;  something I am VERY grateful for... so maybe its just that XD

So I'll see what I can do.

go to the psa help thread or search "article" in the search find peach and create a new line in wait1 click nop after generating a new line click "generate article" and put the article id for it... it will just be the article, not actually funtioning but you could edit the hit boxes to make it funtion Cheesy there you go you got peach with the tennis racket, or any other character with their respective articles

I'll give this a shot; um.... how do I edit hitboxes though?  I've heard you can do it in brawlbox but no matter how much I play around with it I can't find the hitbox editor.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »

What sort of animation do you want the Mario-turnup to have? Like, what is he supposed to be exactly?

Oh yeah, and I know who etna is now. ^w^
    A really good vertex was made for her.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: