Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Animated Collisions? Texture Glitch? (custom stage)  (Read 1874 times)
ToddL
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »

I'm can't seem to get my platform's collision to animate with the platform's bone, as it should.  I followed
this video tutorial
and reviewed it multiple times to try and ensure that I'm following all the steps correctly, but my platform's collisions still won't animate.
For the sake of clarity:  I have a single model and bone that I've animated to float slightly back and forth horizontally.  After creating it, I went to the collision editor, made a new collision object, selected both my platform's bone and my new collision object, and clicked the + next to model.  The information shows that my second collision object is now associated with the model and bone that I want it to be, but for some reason it doesn't actually follow the bone's animation in game.

I imagine I've just overlooked something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out...
Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:11:40 PM by toddtj » Logged

ToddL
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »

Second unrelated question:  Do I need to use a format other than CMPR for 2D images and/or textures with transparency?  I tried to put some 2d clouds in my stage but the texture shows as pure white (off white) in game instead of the cloud shaped texture it's supposed to be.

EDIT:  I also tried putting the same texture over the front of a 3d block and I got the same solid white glitch.

EDIT2:  Actually, I forgot that I have another 2d cloud that I imported from another stage and its texture is a CMPR and shows up just fine in game.  Additionally, I replaced that texture with a completely new one that I made from scratch, which seems to suggest that the way I'm making the textures isn't the problem.
What's the problem, then?....
(I'm using the PAC and model files that come with this tutorial.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:10:55 PM by toddtj » Logged

DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:44:29 PM »

I'm can't seem to get my platform's collision to animate with the platform's bone, as it should.  I followed this video tutorial and reviewed it multiple times to try and ensure that I'm following all the steps correctly, but my platform's collisions still won't animate.
    For the sake of clarity:  I have a single model and bone that I've animated to float slightly back and forth horizontally.  After creating it, I went to the collision editor, made a new collision object, selected both my platform's bone and my new collision object, and clicked the + next to model.  The information shows that my second collision object is now associated with the model and bone that I want it to be, but for some reason it doesn't actually follow the bone's animation in game.

I imagine I've just overlooked something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out...
    Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks

for this 1.... u need to have ur collision at the same size of the model b4 u even resize it. and the collision also needs to be at 0 for their y axis!

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

Animated collisions can't be attached to anything in modeldata[101]
    Move the model and animation to either ModelData[1] or ModelData[2], attach the collision to that.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

ToddL
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »

Animated collisions can't be attached to anything in modeldata[101]
    Move the model and animation to either ModelData[1] or ModelData[2], attach the collision to that.
    Oh wow--I never even considered that!  Thanks for the help Smiley

Thanks to you, DSX8, as well.  I'd been wondering why I the stock Brawl stages have their moving collisions all piled on top of each other making them irritating to work with.  I guess I should have assumed that it might have something to do with why their collisions worked and mine didn't xD

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:46:37 AM »

Oh wow--I never even considered that!  Thanks for the help Smiley

Thanks to you, DSX8, as well.  I'd been wondering why I the stock Brawl stages have their moving collisions all piled on top of each other making them irritating to work with.  I guess I should have assumed that it might have something to do with why their collisions worked and mine didn't xD

hah well now u kno todd.

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

ToddL
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:54:10 AM »

for this 1.... u need to have ur collision at the same size of the model b4 u even resize it. and the collision also needs to be at 0 for their y axis!
    Alright, so I checked this out in game and I think I understand what you mean, now:  It appears that the entire collision boundary needs to be centered on the x and y zero of the environment.  IE: if I have a square shaped collision that is 4x4, the corners need to be at (-2, 2) (2, 2) (-2, -2) and (2, -2).

Am I understanding this correctly?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »

umm no... still wrong...

resize the model first to the way it used to be... then go to Collision Viewer... then make a collision thats the same size as the top part of it.

if its a model thats far away, then bring it in closer, then add a collision to it thats the exact same size.

if u want me to do it for ya, then PM me the stage

ToddL
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »

umm no... still wrong...

resize the model first to the way it used to be... then go to Collision Viewer... then make a collision thats the same size as the top part of it.

if its a model thats far away, then bring it in closer, then add a collision to it thats the exact same size.

if u want me to do it for ya, then PM me the stage
    Well, I appreciate the offer, but the thing is that my collision is working perfectly after I did it the way I described.  I didn't say anything about resizing it in my post, but I do understand that part--I was just trying to clarify what you meant when you said "and the collision also needs to be at 0 for their y axis".  I think I got it, though.  I'll keep playing with it and if/when I run into more problems I'll return to ask for help again with more details.
    Thanks for your help Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: