Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***

Started by Eternal Yoshi, May 23, 2011, 02:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 19, 2012, 10:07:21 AM
Tried it, not working... Could it be because we can't port PSAs along with RELs? BTW, here's what I did (in order)

1 - Downloaded the Peach over Wario files
2 - Put the .REL file into the Module folder
3 - Copied/pasted the codes on Ocarina and activated them
4 - Put the CHT file in the Codes folder
5 - Extracted ALL of the Wario(Peach) files into the Wario folder
6 - Downloaded a Peach PSA and renamed it FitWario and FitWarioMotionEtc
7 - Booted game
8 - Chose Wario at CSS
9 - FREEZES ... :srs:

What's wrong with the steps I did?
maybe that peach psa has too much filesize? did you try any other psa??
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on October 19, 2012, 10:11:23 AM
maybe that peach psa has too much filesize? did you try any other psa??
Tried with Hearts of Justice & Sanji, both froze my Wii, but this time, only after the 'GO!' symbol at the beginning of the battle...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 19, 2012, 10:20:23 AM
Tried with Hearts of Justice & Sanji, both froze my Wii, but this time, only after the 'GO!' symbol at the beginning of the battle...
if it was at the go its probably the entry article did you put the no entry code?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on October 19, 2012, 10:21:56 AM
if it was at the go its probably the entry article did you put the no entry code?
Yeah. I looked, and it's on. Wario's motorcycle even showed up once while I was testing PSAs :af: But my Wii froze because of that. Hm...perhaps if I mix a few attacks from the PSA while keeping some of Peach's normal attacks, then it might work...or not.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 19, 2012, 10:36:30 AM
Yeah. I looked, and it's on. Wario's motorcycle even showed up once while I was testing PSAs :af: But my Wii froze because of that. Hm...perhaps if I mix a few attacks from the PSA while keeping some of Peach's normal attacks, then it might work...or not.
wario motorcycle should not appear that does the freeze since peach cant use it, either you uses the no entry/no result data codes  or rename one of peaches fitpeachentry00.pac to fitwarioentry.pac also wario uses a result pac so unless you use the no result data code peach will freeze at the result screen
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Have there been any public breakthroughs on the subject of using blank slots, like the one Roy had reserved?

Keep hearing Dantarion figured some stuff out, but I can't find any sort of WIP codes or anything.

yes and no
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't quite get how to port. I want to put roy in another slot. Is there any easy way to do this? and can somebody tell me how? And apparently only marth can port, which means no cloud in a seperate slot I presume. But either way.. all I really need is roy/marth.

Quote from: truekingofgames0 on October 23, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
I don't quite get how to port. I want to put roy in another slot. Is there any easy way to do this? and can somebody tell me how? And apparently only marth can port, which means no cloud in a seperate slot I presume. But either way.. all I really need is roy/marth.
you can port marth/ike/jiggly/sonic  and Mk but you need to port them over someone with a rel to get marth rels you can download thany roy  see a character you want to replace lets say rob wich doesnt need any codes and use the fit_robot.rel then add the robot folder and put all roys files there and rename then to fitrobot.pac and so on  remenber rob pcs files might be diferent like not having a 01 pcs and having a 06 instead or something
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd like to use the almas clone engine to have two/three new characters without removing the old ones... But does it work for pal?

Quote from: BB64 on January 05, 2013, 03:06:04 PM
I'd like to use the almas clone engine to have two/three new characters without removing the old ones... But does it work for pal?
last time i checked it was ntsc only and i doubt a pal version was made at all.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

oh so that's why my roy over rob vs marth matches shared sfx's and flames :P depends on which one loads first in the roster... well tell me something... since i have roy over rob... is there a way to get a kirby hat that has been made for marth with the custom animations and everything over rob? (i'm guessing that .rel files havnt made it to the kirby hats yet huh?)

Okay so I am trying to make an IC code for the first time and I feel a bit confused about it.
I am specifically trying to make a "Peach has ROB FS" code.
Honestly I can't figure it out even as I am looking at the instructions. I might be getting it all wrong, so I figured maybe someone could point me in the right direction on it.
I haven't really seen any such code so I don't have anything to go from.  

Okay so I thought I understood it, but I must have derped since it didn't work.
This is how the code came out:

Peach has Robs IC Constants.

C2858928 00000003
2C04000C 40820008
38800023 1C040038
60000000 00000000

What did I do wrong? o..o
You Never Know!

I'm confused....if olimar's ID is 19, then how will I know what or where to put the ID number?

(Olimar Has No Entry Data
00AD8049 00000000)

Hi, I'd like to ask something, as I saw this Roy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJvvvido9IA made by Thany and I want it in my game but without replacing original characters, How I do that? I know about codes and how to use them, what do I need to do exactly?