Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***

Started by Eternal Yoshi, May 23, 2011, 02:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



I have some questions:

1. Well, I have Cloud (Ike .rel) ported to Olimar. But I want to have Slick (Olimar .rel) over Falco.
What will happen if I do that?
2. Like so, I have Silver over Diddy, and I believe it is Falco ported without .rel to Diddy.
What will happen if I .rel port Falco while still having Silver over Diddy?
3. How many .rel files of the same character can I have? Example, Marth. Is there a limit?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I wonder, with all the R&D you have done about the .rel, have you discover something about the animation data (vis0, pat0....) and how SSBB allow or not the right to use them for each character ?

For exemple, Marth can use vis0, but not the pat0.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Any character can use any animation format. Just name the PAT0 to be the same as the CHR0 used for that particular subaction.

Quote from: Gamma on August 30, 2013, 01:38:24 AM
Any character can use any animation format. Just name the PAT0 to be the same as the CHR0 used for that particular subaction.

I haven't try yet for PAT0, but for the VIS0 it's dosen't work, that why i port one of my hack on a slot able to use VIS0.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

VIS0 works with anyone. You just gotta make sure the character model has objects that the VIS0 can animate/use.


Quote from: Luigifan141 on September 18, 2013, 09:23:11 PM
Look at what the PMBR just accomplished:

Project M Roster Reveal - Challenger Approaching!

And I could see him fight against Marth and Ike. So who is he replacing?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 12:35:09 AM
No one.

He's a clone.
I wish they made this more obvious in the video so that people wouldn't keep getting confused, but this is amazing. Aside from the work on Roy himself, the accomplishment of the coding is just something else.

Nano, I know you're part of the P:M team. Do you know/can you say when we'll hear more about Roy, the engine, etc?

Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: dmick on September 19, 2013, 12:39:35 AM
I wish they made this more obvious in the video so that people wouldn't keep getting confused, but this is amazing. Aside from the work on Roy himself, the accomplishment of the coding is just something else.

Nano, I know you're part of the P:M team. Do you know/can you say when we'll hear more about Roy, the engine, etc?
At the moment, no I cannot say. If you pay attention to any live streams of PM, you may see some gameplay footage. But I cannot promise anything.

As for the clone engine, I also cannot say when exactly you will be hearing more stuff about it, but we may release more info/details in the future.

No promises on anything though. I'm not the one who makes the big decisions regarding public info.