Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 17, 2012, 11:53:17 PM #2250 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:54:11 PM by Boygos
Quote from: Albafika on August 17, 2012, 04:02:21 AM
Like this.  :af: Jk, I'll make sure you're added.
Oh... so Albafika, how was your day? xD

EDIT: God damn didn't see the black text xD


Quote from: Miacis on August 17, 2012, 02:39:46 PM
You can remove that 'obviously'. Deleting your threads is something permission-based. The automerge is a separate mod that does not add any permissions.
Of course, it could be tweaked to add some, but I do believe Vyse has more urgent things to code right now.
That, and there's also the fact nobody seems to have a problem with the automerge other than you. >_>;
I kinda do, specially in the Server topics.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



August 18, 2012, 02:29:05 PM #2252 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:35:19 PM by Miacis
Let's see if I understand ... basically, this automerge is only a real problem if you're using a phone that isn't able to edit/delete posts and are managing a topic that needs to be bumped with updates?
I'm no phone expert, but I'm not exactly sure how one can post from it and not delete/edit.

QuoteThe only workaround I see is asking someone else to post,
Then delete their post after you post...
Or waiting until you get home / to school/ to work and use an actual computer/laptop before posting. That's what most people would do.

Quote@Maicis: dude you really gotta let that 1 person thing go /:

If one person has a beef with your forum`s behavior, it matters alot and should be looked at.
(I tell you that from my own experiance)
Well, sorry for assessing how much it affects our userbase. I guess next time a user asks us to paint the forum neon blue I'll just go ahead and do it.

It is looked at. But right now, there isn't really any solutions other than #1 recoding the mod #2 disabling it altogether (which is out of question) #3 or asking our users to make a little effort and use regular computers to navigate here.
Until #1 is achieved in a near or faraway future (most likely the latter as it's pretty low on the list of priorities here), then you guys will have to bear with #3.

Or, #4 have some help and recode this mod yourself so it adds an Own topic and an Any topic permission.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on August 18, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
I'm no phone expert, but I'm not exactly sure how one can post from it and not delete/edit.
LG Renoir's browser can post but not show video's, pictures and such on this forum nor can it edit/delete topics/posts.

I got an LG Renoir and it's a freaking pain to post if someone ninja's you .-.

here`s basically what I get: (if you`re interested)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

At least BBC works for everyone else :srs:

Tbh, I think this is a google reformatted text page
(only text/images)

@miacis: wasn`t trying to offend you...
You just seem a little hard against a 1 person deal is all...

All I`m interested in is that it`s being worked on.
(and I know that now so I can bear the wait)


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Also is there a way to uncensor the word "d i c k" whenever it's followed by the word grayson? Whenever we mention Nightwing or Robin, in the Marvel/DC thread, or in my thread we can't call him [censored] Grayson Robin because it censors it :/ since there's beeen 4 different people as Robin over the ages.


Quote from: Boygos on August 18, 2012, 07:37:29 PM
Also is there a way to uncensor the word "d i c k" whenever it's followed by the word grayson? Whenever we mention Nightwing or Robin, in the Marvel/DC thread, or in my thread we can't call him [censored] Grayson Robin because it censors it :/ since there's beeen 4 different people as Robin over the ages.
What a peculiar case. XD

I'd rather uncensor [censored]. Not sure what others think?

They could just disable the censor filter, so the word shows for them. Others who don't like to see the word [censored] used wrongly, would still see it [censored].

Quote from: マンディ on August 18, 2012, 08:04:01 PM
They could just disable the censor filter, so the word shows for them. Others who don't like to see the word [censored] used wrongly, would still see it [censored].
But "stupid" isn't censored. and "[censored]" is basically the same + it's a name.

Quote from: Albafika on August 18, 2012, 08:06:14 PM
But "stupid" isn't censored. and "[censored]" is basically the same + it's a name.
[censored] can be used for far more offensive ordeals then stupid can though.

I do understand the name thing, it's annoying.

August 18, 2012, 08:15:00 PM #2260 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:18:12 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Quote from: Miacis on August 18, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
Let's see if I understand ... basically, this automerge is only a real problem if you're using a phone that isn't able to edit/delete posts and are managing a topic that needs to be bumped with updates?
I'm no phone expert, but I'm not exactly sure how one can post from it and not delete/edit.
Or waiting until you get home / to school/ to work and use an actual computer/laptop before posting. That's what most people would do.
Well, sorry for assessing how much it affects our userbase. I guess next time a user asks us to paint the forum neon blue I'll just go ahead and do it.

It is looked at. But right now, there isn't really any solutions other than #1 recoding the mod #2 disabling it altogether (which is out of question) #3 or asking our users to make a little effort and use regular computers to navigate here.
Until #1 is achieved in a near or faraway future (most likely the latter as it's pretty low on the list of priorities here), then you guys will have to bear with #3.

Or, #4 have some help and recode this mod yourself so it adds an Own topic and an Any topic permission.
Did you skip over my post about it? I also have an issue with the plug in when I would like to post an update that's a day or 2 later, but it's like down too far on the first page or on the other pages. And if I post from my phone I use my own account for that as you've seen. The Plug in does bother me a tad. Also when posts are "merged" they don't send emails out to those who asked to follow said topic
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: マンディ on August 18, 2012, 08:04:01 PM
They could just disable the censor filter, so the word shows for them. Others who don't like to see the word [censored] used wrongly, would still see it [censored].
How do I disable my filter? :P


Quote from: Boygos on August 18, 2012, 08:23:33 PM
How do I disable my filter? :P
Profile > Look and layout > "Leave words uncensored." <-- check that and save :)

Quote from: マンディ on August 18, 2012, 08:31:39 PM
Profile > Look and layout > "Leave words uncensored." <-- check that and save :)
Thank you!